News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024- Page 16

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#375CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 2:44pm

Thanks. Still seems a little much, almost as if it not the actual show but some kind of reboot. Anyone not already acquainted with the musical might even think it is something different entirely.

I hope Jake Shears plays Emcee at some stage in the run, he needs more love in this part of the world.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#376CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 2:46pm

Does anyone know if people will go in through the stage door entrance ?  Is the renovation the same as London? In the round?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#377CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/19/24 at 3:07pm

The Henry Miller theatre was technically called the Kit Kat Club at the time. Studio 54 never changed the name. 

forfivemoreminutes
#378CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/21/24 at 5:52pm

Does anyone have a sense of what the layout of the theatre will be and what the view will be like from the back of the orchestra? I'm looking at seats in row K or row L of the orchestra and I'm not sure if those will be obstructed or too far back, or if those rows are right beside the sound booth, which would not be my preference. Would row K or L be equivalent to row Z in the usual layout of the theatre (which was beside the sound booth in past iterations)? It looks like the stage is going to be moved to the middle of the theatre, so it looks on the seating map like row K is the tenth row and row L is the eleventh row, but of course I'm not sure how far back that actually is in practice. If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate that!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#379CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/21/24 at 6:51pm

forfivemoreminutes said: "Does anyone have a sense of what the layout of the theatre will be and what the view will be like from the back of the orchestra? I'm looking at seats in row K or row L of the orchestra and I'm not sure if those will be obstructed or too far back, or if those rows are right beside the sound booth, which would not be my preference. Would row K or L be equivalent to row Z in the usual layout of the theatre (which was beside the sound booth in past iterations)? It looks like the stage is going to be moved to the middle of the theatre, so it looks on the seating map like row K is the tenth row and row L is the eleventh row, but of course I'm not sure how far back that actually is in practice. If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate that!"

The seating chart on SeatGeek shows that the existing mezzanine overhangs around row J of the new setup, whereas it was row L with traditional seating. That means there will be no orchestra seating further away than around what would normally be row N. 

gordi_92
#380CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/23/24 at 9:17am

I am wondering how the view from the last row of the Mezzanine would be since it looks like the stage is beeing moved to the middle of the Auditorium. Or at least further forward than usual. I guess they would need to make the Mezzanine steeper, otherwise you wouldnt see the stage. Im a bit hesitant to buy Tickets now. Of course I can pay more Money for better seats but I am visiting from germany and have a lot of other Shows on my List as well 🙈

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#381CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/23/24 at 9:32am

gordi_92 said: "I am wondering how the view from the last row of the Mezzanine would be since it looks like the stage is beeing moved to the middle of the Auditorium. Or at least further forward than usual. I guess they would need to make the Mezzanine steeper, otherwise you wouldnt see the stage. Im a bit hesitant to buy Tickets now. Of course I can pay more Money for better seats but I am visiting from germany and have a lot of other Shows on my List as well 🙈"

I could be wrong - but I really don't think the stage is being moved much forward from where it usually is. Maybe the edge will sit where the orchestra pit usually is but not much more. If you look at how the Mezz overhang sits on the orchestra section on the new seating plan, you can see they aren't using as much space in the rear orchestra. I'm guessing they are sectioning that area off to use as a lounge/bar.

At any rate, I think the view from rear Mezz should be pretty clear, otherwise it would be listed partial view. 

Jarethan
#382CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/23/24 at 4:55pm

I haven't read anything.  Does anyone know if this is selling well?  I have not purchase tickets to this yet, because i can't wrap myself around the prices and I remember the rear mezz of that theatre extremely uncomfortable.  I haven't sat in the rear mezz in decades.  Am I remembering correctly.  I am 6 feet and slim.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#383CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/23/24 at 5:02pm

This is going to be a big, fat hit.

Oh look, a bibu!

Sammy232
#384CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/23/24 at 7:28pm

Jarethan said: "I haven't read anything. Does anyone know if this is selling well? I have not purchase tickets to this yet, because i can't wrap myself around the prices and I remember the rear mezz of that theatre extremely uncomfortable. I haven't sat in the rear mezz in decades. Am I remembering correctly. I am 6 feet and slim."
Also holding off on buying tickets. I have a hard time believing they are going to be able to sustain these prices in the current environment. Also, could care less about Redmayne, so willing to wait it out a bit even if it means missing him.

Updated On: 1/23/24 at 07:28 PM

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#385CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/23/24 at 8:18pm

They already started dropping the prices for the Wednesday matinees starting in May. Honestly if i end up making it on our planned NYC I could probably catch it with the last of my Christmas money (I'm 15 and still have a lot saved up) on a Wednesday matinee. I'm a huge fan of this production, not that big a fan of Redmayne but anything for the kit kat club.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#386CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/23/24 at 9:02pm

They will for sure have some kind of rush for cheaper seats, but I don't know how far from NY you are, so if you have limited opportunity to see it better to buy ahead.

tacotheatrelover
#387CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/24/24 at 1:13am

inception said: "They will for sure have some kind of rush for cheaper seats, but I don't know how far from NY you are, so if you have limited opportunity to see it better to buy ahead."

I'm about 16 hours from NY, we've been trying for this trip since before the shutdown and have a few shows already planned. I saw cabaret a good 17 times at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival as I said before, and with some stuff I said about Redmayne that I regret saying. But that production of cabaret made me actually feel something for the first time in a while and I know it won't be the same feeling, I'd like to see the show for what it is and maybe have more appreciation for what the show is overall. :)

inception Profile Photo
inception
#388CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/24/24 at 9:41am

Woah! Found photos online, & it looks like that was a pretty good production. The costumes look fantastic.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/picture-gallery/entertainment/2023/07/12/asfs-production-cabaret/12240116002/

But, yes it is always interesting to see another interpretation. That is the beauty of classic shows.  Hopefully every time someone new does a production they can add a little bit.  It is just the same as how different people may make the same dish of food, but by a slight change of seasoning or different preparation method they have something original. 

blasvader
#389CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/24/24 at 11:23am

inception said: "Woah! Found photos online, & it looks like that was a pretty good production. The costumes look fantastic.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/picture-gallery/entertainment/2023/07/12/asfs-production-cabaret/12240116002/

But, yes it is always interesting to see another interpretation. That is the beauty of classic shows. Hopefully every time someone new does a production they can add a little bit. It is just the same as how different people may make the same dish of food, but by a slight change of seasoning or different preparation method they have something original.
"

That is the production that did some terrible plagiarizing from Frecknall's. Like you could try not using the photo of lead from another production performing a number as mock-up for how yours will be done. 

Captura-de-pantalla-2024-01-24-173127
CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024Aimee Lou Wood as Sally Bowles | Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club - YouTube

Updated On: 1/24/24 at 11:23 AM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#390CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/24/24 at 11:25am

inception said: "Woah! Found photos online, & it looks like that was a pretty good production. The costumes look fantastic.

"

These production photos honestly look like the director saw the current London production and ripped it off as best as they could. Not that I’m surprised - the show has been stuck in the Sam Mendes mold for nearly two decades; it needed a shake-up - but it’s clearly heavily influenced. Down to the Emcee’s birthday hat and the big babydoll bonnets for “Don’t Tell Mama”.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#391CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/24/24 at 11:48am

If you go to the Broadwayupclose Instagram account, they posted a clip of a big garbage truck in front of the August Wilson theatre and a peak inside which shows the lobby is completely gutted.  

tacotheatrelover
#392CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/24/24 at 2:37pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "inception said: "Woah! Found photos online, & it looks like that was a pretty good production. The costumes look fantastic.

"

These production photos honestly look like the director saw the current London production and ripped it off as best as they could. Not that I’m surprised - the show has been stuck in the Sam Mendes mold for nearly two decades; it needed a shake-up - but it’s clearly heavily influenced. Down to the Emcee’s birthday hat and the big babydoll bonnets for “Don’t Tell Mama”.
"

I will say this, It was Heavily inspired by both the Mendes and the current London Production. The party hat costume was for the Scenes in the club from the beginning of "Don't Tell Mama" to the end of "Mien Herr", And the baby doll costumes were for ''Don't Tell Mama." But why rip on one production of a show when countless other theatres just ripped the Mendes production right out of the depths and put them on their stage. The director has said on multiple occasions that He's wanted to direct "Cabaret" since he saw it on Broadway with Alan Cumming and honestly did a damn good job. Yes a lot of the costumes are inspired from the London Production. Yes it might look like just a blatant ripoff of the London production but i can assure you it is not. Why make art if no one enjoys it, If it makes people come back around again and again like a lot of people have according to front of house, Why criticize it.? It did was it was supposed to do and was only around for a month, and that was the best damn month of theatre I have had.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#393CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/25/24 at 12:51pm

The service fees are killer for this show

Fosse76
#394CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/25/24 at 5:33pm

I received a mailer the other day with a discount code. Valid though March 2025! I said they priced the show too high. Now that they've run out of suckers willing to the pay those obscene prices, they are reducing and discounting.  

InTheBathroom1
#395CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/25/24 at 7:22pm

Unfortunately, it appears that the code doesn’t do anything. I put in the code and the tickets and prices were identical. So not sure there’s discounting happening yet. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#396CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/25/24 at 7:25pm

InTheBathroom1 said: "Unfortunately, it appears that the code doesn’t do anything. I put in the code and the tickets and prices were identical. So not sure there’s discounting happening yet."

Agree with this or it’s just the fees adding up to the original price again. Crazy crazy 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#397CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/25/24 at 9:25pm

Could just be the dates you were looking at?  Care to share the code?

chrishuyen
#398CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/25/24 at 10:12pm

I just checked and specifically for the May 28th performance it drops the $99 seats to $89 (which is $99 with fees where it was previously $111 with fees).  I'm assuming it's only for the cheapest tier so if those seats have sold out for other dates, that could be why it's not doing anything?

The code is CABARETMAIL, with the promo being weekday tickets from $99 and weekend tickets from $119, valid for performances through March 29, 2025 (blackout dates may apply).  It also specifically says it's for use on SeatGeek or by phone only, so not sure if the box office would accept it or if the Jujamcyn theaters mention that on all their promo codes regardless.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#399CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
Posted: 1/26/24 at 12:58am

Thanks! Looked at dates further out with cast to be announced & can confirm it only works on the $111 seats & drops them down to $98.

I guess for young people using the last of their X-mas money that's better than nothing.

(Hint hint tacolover...& hey you don't even want to see what's his name,  so go later in the year & gamble $98 that the next guy might be someone you'll like better)

Videos