News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 71

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

biggest CHENO fan Profile Photo
biggest CHENO fan
#1750re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/18/07 at 7:07pm

this might be a stupid question...BUT....does anyone know what Laura Benanti is up to next? Any more Broadway projects for her?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1751re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/18/07 at 7:15pm

She's doing the pilot of a new TV show called Eli Stone.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#1752re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/18/07 at 7:35pm

Cara, you're wonderful!

Whatever happened to class?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#1753re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/18/07 at 9:31pm

So...when are they planning to release the WS sheet music?

It's LOADED with possible audition songs.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

WEDHEAD Profile Photo
WEDHEAD
#1754re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/18/07 at 10:02pm

I know!! I'm really looking forward to its release. According to Hal Leonard there is no release date but there is an item number. It's on back order and costs around $17.95, I think. I'm assuming they will release it around the time the tour kicks off, but I am really hoping for sooner.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#1755re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/18/07 at 10:29pm

I'm already planning on using "Someday" and "Right Infront of Your Eyes" as audition pieces, lol.

WEDHEAD Profile Photo
WEDHEAD
#1756re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/18/07 at 10:51pm

"Single", "It's All About The Green"....I've wanted the sheet music for "If I Told You" for awhile now

LynchMob Profile Photo
LynchMob
#1757re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/19/07 at 8:32pm

Kinda off topic..
Special Borgata tour shirts from the first show w/ Lynch & Josefsberg on sale at the mob
Lynch's Comedy Central special is supposedly on tonight at midnight (but they've "lied" before)

I'm getting married! March 17th 2007 in Vegas :o)

dancingthrulife04
#1758re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/19/07 at 10:40pm

From Felicia's myspace:

THE NEW PICASSO, a new musical by Jonathan David Sloate, stages its premiere reading at New World Stages, located at 340 West 50th Street. The single performance takes place on October 10th at the 3pm (New Time!) for industry professionals only. Blending fantasy, romance, comedy, thriller, and drama on a grand scale, the epic story depicts a gifted artist who seeks redemption from the torment of his mother's suicide by chasing after fame and true love.

The creative team is comprised of Director Sam Scalamoni (Lestat, Beauty and the Beast), Music Director Jan Rosenberg (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Jeckyll & Hyde, The Who's Tommy) and Composer, Lyricist and Librettist Jonathan David Sloate, who also created the new musical THE TOWER OF BABEL. As composer, Jonathan David Sloate wrote the scores for Warner Bros.' Mortal Kombat Conquest and USA Networks' Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm. Casting by Mungioli Theatricals and Arnold J. Mungioli, C.S.A (Fosse, Ragtime, Show Boat). Dave Ferdinand's One Dream Sound will provide sound design. Pianist Jan Rosenberg will conduct Keyboardist Kristin Dabaghian, Bassist Ray Kilday (The Drowsy Chaperone, Thoroughly Modern Millie), and Percussionist Paul Davis (Paper Mill Playhouse: Godspell, Fiddler On The Roof, Laugh Whore). Production Stage Manager Beverly Jenkins (Oklahoma!, Aida, The Lion King, Miss Saigon) leads Stage Managers Karyn Meek (Fiddler On The Roof , Off-Broadway: Naked) and Jovon E. Shuck (The Graduate, Noises Off).

Robert Cuccioli (Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well..., Jeckyll & Hyde, Les Miserables), who has won the Outer Critics Circle, Drama Desk and FANY Awards as well as a Tony nomination, along with Michael Gillis (The Phantom of the Opera), Felicia Finley (The Wedding Singer, Aida), Brooke Sunny Moriber (The Threepenny Opera, Les Miserables), William Parry (Gypsy, Passion, Camelot), and Christiane Noll (It Ain't Nothin But the Blues, Jeckyll & Hyde) lead the cast including (listed alphabetically): Bob Barth, Sara Chase (Paper Mill Playhouse: Godspell, Slut), Tara Cornetto, Joe Dellger (Lestat, Ragtime), Elizabeth Earley, Tony Freeman (The Lion King), Jerry Gallagher, Steven Goldsmith, Ashley Amber Haase (The Wedding Singer, Aida), Rodney Hicks (Jesus Christ Superstar, Rent), John Jeffrey Martin (Good Vibrations, Hairspray), and Nyjah Moore Westbrooks (Benefit: Chess).

Since THE NEW PICASSO and THE TOWER OF BABEL have been penned for both stage and cinema they have garnered 34 Awards in the past year at worldwide film festivals and writing competitions and are currently ranked as the 1st and 2nd most award-winning fantasy scripts over the past decade. The New Picasso has begun an original concept cast recording with a 59-piece orchestra.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

MistressoftheHouse
#1759re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/19/07 at 10:50pm

Lynch's Comedy Central special is supposedly on tonight at midnight (but they've "lied" before)

Aww, have they really? I was excited to watch it!! On Comedy Central's website it's in their line-up, so they better not be lying.

I mean, they have to show it sometime this month because of the Stand Up Showdown, right?

(Which, btw, all of you should vote for Stephen every day. He's not doing so well right now...)

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

broadwaybaby086
#1760re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/19/07 at 10:58pm

re: Felicia's myspace message

For industry professionals only? Bummer! Sounds like a pretty stellar cast.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

dancingthrulife04
#1761re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/20/07 at 12:05am

Stephen's comedy central special most definitely is on TV right now.

MistressoftheHouse
#1762re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/20/07 at 12:32am

Yeah, it was. I watched it. re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

MistressoftheHouse
#1763re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:01am

Bumping from page four...

TristezzaBella27
#1764re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:08am

page 4?!?!?! not cool!

i went to see nicolette tonight in RENT. The director made her take her flip out!! :gasp: but the woman is nothing but amazing. so talented.

broadwaybaby086
#1765re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:14am

I'm sad. I haven't yet had the opportunity to see her in Rent (or Rent at all, for that matter) and I will have missed the flip! Aww, I'll be about two weeks too late. *sad face*

Also, what is this flip you speak of?

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

TristezzaBella27
#1766re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:24am

during Over the Moon at the line where Maureen sings "pushed over a cliff by a suicidal mickey mouse" she did a front somersault during "pushed over a cliff" and it just made the moment that much funnier. they made her take it out tho re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#1767re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:34am

omg, why would they take that out!!! not cool. lol.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#1768re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:41am

That's an interesting and different and original way of interpreting that monologue. That's sucks that she can't do it anymore.

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

dancingthrulife04
#1769re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/22/07 at 12:53pm

I wasn't told about it yet, but apparently one of my friends is planning to invite me to see Rent next week. I'm excited. I'm also going to see Chicago at some point during my break.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#1770re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/22/07 at 3:31pm

Haha, they need to let her put the "flip" back in re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

LynchMob Profile Photo
LynchMob
#1771re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/24/07 at 3:42pm

Photos from the final wedding singer show & the 3 borgata shows are available for viewing here:

http://mobshots.net

shots from 2003-2005 are being reloaded ...

I'm getting married! March 17th 2007 in Vegas :o)

thespian geek
#1772re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/24/07 at 5:46pm

Great pictures, Cara.

I'm kind of pissed because the Lynch/Joberg show that was apparently happening in Lincoln, Nebraska on March 7th isn't on his tour schedule on his MySpace page anymore. So I guess I won't be getting to see their gig.

thespian geek
#1773re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/24/07 at 6:48pm

Replying to myself to add this: I recieved an e-mail from Kevin Cahoon and Ghetto Cowboy regarding something his band is a part of. Here's the e-mail...

Hey everybody. Kevin Cahoon and Ghetto Cowboy have been placed in the top 10 bands for UBL.com's Ultimate band Search and we need your help. Vote for us. You can vote once a day between now and Feb. 28, or just once. Whatever you can do will be so appreciated. Thank you so much.....KCGC.....also, tell your friends

http://www.ubl.com/nrp/content/contest/

Yankeefan007
#1774re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 1/24/07 at 6:51pm

Load in has begun for Curtains.

Videos