News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Funny Girl 2022 Revival- Page 11

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#250Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:07pm

The difference between this and the “My Fair Lady” casting is that Lauren was a working actor who had some successful projects, but wasn’t doing too much at the time. Beanie is an up and coming movie star whose star is on the Rise. She is in demand and a lot of directors and producers want to work with her. I have a feeling that in a few years she has the potential to be a huge star and household name.

I, for one, was extremely excited with hearing this casting choice because it is unique, different, and unexpected. And to me, that is exciting. I seriously hope she proves us all wrong and knocks it out of the park. Yes, clearly she won’t be able to sing the score the way we have come to expect and it would be nice to hear a powerhouse singer on Parade and People, but I’m willing to bet that what Beanie lacks in vocals will more than be made up for with the acting, her comedy, and infectious personality.

Also, I’ll never understand those that criticized Ambrose in MFL and those that didn’t care for her performance. I know art is subjective, but I found her performance to be a revelation.

Updated On: 8/10/21 at 02:07 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#251Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:12pm

We got Ambrose, who wasn’t great. She strained to sing those songs - great in the book scenes though

She was perfection and for ONE week she strained to sing those songs due to illness. Otherwise, she was perfection which reflects on the extraordinary cast recording. 

Beanie is an up and coming movie star 

Yeah no, she is an actor, not a star.

I personally wouldn't consider Hugh Jackman a huge star 

You would be the only human on earth that would ever think that. 

Updated On: 8/10/21 at 02:12 PM

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#252Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:16pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "SweetLips22 said: "Why is a tired old show like The Music Man a sell out success? Hugh Jackman. [Dolly, Midler].

Funny Girl is in the same boat--needs a HUGE Star
"

Mainly because it has a "huge" celebrity name on the marquee right now. I personally wouldn't consider Hugh Jackman a huge star as I was more interested in seeing Sutton Foster perform butpeople probably will only see Music Man because of Jackman sadly.
"

How is Hugh Jackman NOT a huge star? Broadway audiences love him, and he's internationally known. People go see horrible movies just because he's in them. Kinda the definition of star to me.

Now, have I personally any interest in seeing Hugh Jackman in The Music Man? Nope. But that in no way impacts the level of his stardom.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#253Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:24pm

I also think it is worth nothing that My Fair Lady was produced by a subscription based non-profit company (LCT). Comparing the upcoming Funny Girl revival to the recent My Fair Lady in terms of producing/casting is kind of like apples to oranges. My Fair Lady didn't need a star. A commercial Broadway production of Funny Girl, though? That needs a star, or it will not sell. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#254Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:33pm

Sutton Ross said: "We got Ambrose, who wasn’t great. She strained to sing those songs - great in the book scenes though

She was perfection and for ONE week she strained to sing those songs due to illness. Otherwise, she was perfection which reflects on the extraordinarycast recording.

Beanieisan up and coming movie star

"

That's why it's my opinion. :)

Sutton Ross
#255Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:37pm

Yeah. he's an international movie star who is known all over the world. It's not an opinion thing, sorry. :)

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#256Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:42pm

joevitus said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "SweetLips22 said: "Why is a tired old show like The Music Man a sell out success? Hugh Jackman. [Dolly, Midler].

"

Mainly because it has a "huge" celebrity name on the marquee right now. I personally wouldn't consider Hugh Jackman a huge star as I was more interested in seeing Sutton Foster perform butpeople probably will only see Music Man because of Jackman sadly.
"

How is Hugh Jackman NOT a huge star? Broadway audiences love him, and he's internationally known. People go see horrible movies just because he's in them. Kinda the definition of star to me.

Now, have I personally any interest in seeing Hugh Jackman in The Music Man? Nope. But that in no way impactsthe level of his stardom.
"

I'm definitely not trying to discredit Hugh Jackman in any way as he is undoubtedly a wonderful actor/performer. And he was wonderful in the adaptation of Les Mis. I only said he's not a huge star, in my opinion*, and if I were to see Music Man, I'd most likely go because I enjoy Sutton Foster more. I still think he's a star, definitely not trying to discredit Jackman here.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#257Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 2:43pm

Sutton Ross said: "Yeah. he's an international movie star who is known all over the world. It's not an opinion thing, sorry. :)"

Ok. That's why I said it's my* opinion. :) 

SouthernCakes
#258Funny Girl 2022 Revival

I, for one, was extremely excited with hearing this casting choice because it is unique, different, and unexpected. And to me, that is exciting. I seriously hope she proves us all wrong and knocks it out of the park. Yes, clearly she won’t be able to sing the score the way we have come to expect and it would be nice to hear a powerhouse singer on Parade and People, but I’m willing to bet that what Beanie lacks in vocals will more than be made up for with the acting, her comedy, and infectious personality.

Also, I’ll never understand those that criticized Ambrose in MFL and those that didn’t care for her performance. I know art is subjective, but I found her performance to be a revelation.
"

I saw her and she was straining. She was gorgeous and loved her in the book scenes but when she sang I could tell she was “working” and she didn’t sell me on the magic of musical theater. I don’t mind the Beanie casting I think she’s fun. But if she’s gonna struggle vocally - a lot like Sheridan where the vocals just weren’t something you want to listen to a lot - it’ll just kill the show. 

SouthernCakes
#259Funny Girl 2022 Revival

"

I saw her and she was straining. She was gorgeous and loved her in the book scenes but when she sang I could tell she was “working” and she didn’t sell me on the magic of musical theater. I don’t mind the Beanie casting I think she’s fun. But if she’s gonna struggle vocally - a lot like Sheridan where the vocals just weren’t something you want to listen to a lot - it’ll just kill the show. 

JSquared2
#260Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:17pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Sutton Ross said: "We got Ambrose, who wasn’t great. She strained to sing those songs - great in the book scenes though

She was perfection and for ONE week she strained to sing those songs due to illness. Otherwise, she was perfection which reflects on the extraordinarycast recording.

Beanieisan up and coming movie star

That's why it's my opinion. :)
"

Except when you spout off some nonsense that is provably wrong and that no sane person could ever agree with -- then it's not so much an "opinion" as it is the rantings of a loon (e.g. climate change deniers, Covid deniers, election result deniers, etc.)   Maybe all of those "a"'s in your screen name are cutting off your oxygen supply?  Funny Girl 2022 Revival

Sutton Ross
#261Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:21pm

Luna,

There is a difference between fact and opinion. I will give you two personal examples from my own personal experiences:

"Beanie is Ben Platt's sidekick" - Totally my own opinion and not a fact

"Elena Roger's voice sounded like a Nazi Minnie Mouse in Evita, it was the worst voice I had ever heard on a Broadway stage" - Just my opinion, no big deal.

The fact is Hugh Jackman has done film, television and theater. He had a Marvel franchise. He has hosted many award shows, and has won many awards. He is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. He is known worldwide. He's kind of a big deal. Such a big deal, in fact, that people are willing to pay more than $500 dollars a seat to see him in The Music Man. Because only a huge star like himself could command such prices. Now, I don't care for him personally and I am only going to The Music Man to see Sutton Foster because she's my fav. But, those prices were not established with her in mind. And that is why he a huge star. It's not a matter of opinion if you look at the facts of his resume and his bank account.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. And if you would like to respond, no need to quote this long post, I know what I wrote and it saves time scrolling :) 

Updated On: 8/10/21 at 03:21 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#262Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:28pm

Sutton Ross said: "Elena Roger's voice sounded like a Nazi Minnie Mouse in Evita, it was the worst voice I had ever heard on a Broadway stage" -Just my opinion, no big deal."

I love Elena Roger and her portrayal of Eva Peron, but this comment still made me laugh out loud

laugh

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BWAY Baby2
#263Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:37pm

Of course Hugh Grant is a huge star- and of course Bean is not. And that is why Music Man will be a gigantic money making hit- and Funny Girl, with this casting, will not.--my opinion, of course.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#264Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:44pm

I never said anything defamatory. I simply said, Hugh Jackman is not a huge star, which is simply my* opinion as I haven't seen many of his performances. I was not stating facts or being the voicebox for the entire thread. He is undoubtedly a talented performer/actor and we are fortunate to have him, considering the many films he has made, which has made him an international talent.

Thank you for the clarification Sutton. Glad to know you can read. :)

Sutton Ross
#265Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:45pm

Hugh Grant is also a huge star BWAY baby! Funny Girl 2022 Revival

SoCalDirector
#266Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:49pm

BWAY Baby2 said: "Of course Hugh Grant is a huge star- and of course Bean is not. And that is why Music Man will be a gigantic money making hit- and Funny Girl, with this casting, will not.--my opinion, of course."

Is Hugh Grant replacing Hugh Jackman in the music man?

Miles Robert Mills

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#267Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:49pm

BWAY Baby2 said: "and of course Bean is not." 

Funny Girl 2022 Revival

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#268Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:50pm

Sutton Ross said: "Hugh Grant is also a huge star BWAY baby! Funny Girl 2022 Revival"

Undoubtedly!!! Seeing this made me want to get tickets to see him in Music Man (even though it's from 8 years ago). Although my bank account cries over the prices. 

https://youtu.be/Bk3l05_XveA

Sutton Ross
#269Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:52pm

He's not a huge star to you. That's all you should have been typing this entire time. Doesn't change facts in the world that he is a huge, international star. And with that, we can put this to bed because it's not debatable given all the information I just gave you. Period. 

Have a great evening! :)

SoCalDirector
#270Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:52pm

joevitus said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "But there are people who will see the show merely because it’s FUNNY GIRL."

No, no there aren't.
"

Yes there are. Enough to keep a big musical afloat, no I don't think so. But how do you try to ever speak for everyone is beyond me.

Miles Robert Mills

SoCalDirector
#271Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:56pm

James Kerrigan2 said: "Jessica Vosk or Idina Menzel would be incredible. I don't think Beanie Feldstein would do well in this role."

Well Idina is a great performer I don't see how a 50-year-old can play a barely out of routines Fanny Brice.   In fact you have a Mrs. Brice younger than Idina and no one would blink.

A stage version of Funny Lady which is an older Fanny Idina could pull off but I doubt that will evet happen.

Miles Robert Mills

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#272Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 3:58pm

Sutton Ross said: "He's not a huge star to you. That's all you should have been typing this entire time. Doesn't change facts in the world that he is a huge, international star. And with that, we can put this to bed because it's not debatable given all the information I just gave you. Period.

Have a great evening! :)
"

"Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Ok. That's why I said it's my* opinion. :)"

Lol that's what I've been saying the entire time? Clearly you just enter threads to argue.

SoCalDirector
#273Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 4:01pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "SweetLips22 said: "Why is a tired old show like The Music Man a sell out success? Hugh Jackman. [Dolly, Midler].

"

"

Why is seeing the Music Man because of Hugh sad?  I would love to see Broadway come back and a huge hit revival is good for everyone.  And the audience would be exposed to the rest of the Tony Award winning principals which is also great.

I don't know what you used to consider a huge star but I would say Hugh Jackman checks all the boxes for being one of the biggest possible Broadway stars.

He started off on stage Australia, London Broadway. He's a Tony award winner.  The Greatest Showman was a world wide film musical hit.  The film grossed $435 million worldwide, making it the fifth-highest-grossing live-action musical of all time.  And the soundtrack was huge.

But if all that wasn't enough, his film work, especially as wolverine has brought him a huge world wide audience and a lot of those people would come see him live in anything .  

I don't know what would make someone much of a huge star than him. Particularly in his age range.   I saw his tour at the Hollywood Bowl and his non-stop singing and especially dancing was incredible.

Miles Robert Mills
Updated On: 8/10/21 at 04:01 PM

Sutton Ross
#274Funny Girl 2022 Revival
Posted: 8/10/21 at 4:20pm

Undoubtedly!!! Seeing this made me want to get tickets to see him in Music Man (even though it's from 8 years ago). Although my bank account cries over the prices. 

Yeah? With Hugh Grant? TOTALLY. Great video of Hugh GRANT!!!!!!! 

Lol that's what I've been saying the entire time? Clearly you just enter threads to argue.

Haha.You never said that once but that's untrue, we interacted all day yesterday with no arguing and we did that again today. You seem to have problems with facts, sweets. No argument, just pointing out facts versus opinion. And with that, Im done interacting with you and your most annoying screen name. Bye!

Videos