News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hamilton Previews

CoreyRyan3
#200Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:15pm

"I just talked about an observation I had. There is a common theme between the shows that have won best musical for the last 4 years. You are haters"

You're right, there is a common theme. But also, not a single show opened in the last 4 years with a pre-opening advance of $27million+ and the sort of buzz that this show has, so that makes your theory for this season invalid. 

Updated On: 7/14/15 at 04:15 PM

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#201Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:16pm

You guys will bash shows all the time and its completely okay. I didn't even bash Hammyton, but because I am in favor of other shows, you come at me !

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#202Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:20pm

For someone who has gone through this countless times, you really ought to know why people take issue with how you say things. Because you've been told in no uncertain terms why.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 7/14/15 at 04:20 PM

Phillypinto
#203Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:23pm

What is the problem with the way i say things? You act like I'm threatening people or something

CoreyRyan3
#204Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:25pm

"You guys will bash shows all the time and its completely okay. I didn't even bash Hammyton, but because I am in favor of other shows, you come at me !"

I think if you had simply said "I'm more excited about School of Rock and American Psycho", no one would have had a problem. It's the way you act like you know exactly which show is better, and how your opinion is clearly the right one. 

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#205Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:29pm

Why do people keep replying to this fool?

CoreyRyan3
#206Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:31pm

I think we're all just holding out hope that one day he will realize how stupid he acts and finally decide to do something about it. Haha

A Director
#207Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:32pm

Phillypinto,

You remind me of a kid in high school who longs to be part of the cool group in school, so he attempts to join by convincing members he knows lots of neat things and has information they want. It works for a time before they find out he has been making up things. As a result, the cool group will have nothing to do with him.

In your case, you post endless nonsense here while sitting at home alone in your bedroom. Yes, you have every right to your opinion, but you base yours on fantasy.

By the way, you say you're a college student. Most college students know there is no such word as "funner."

forgetregret
#208Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:33pm

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic: It seemed that there was a cancellation line in the lobby last night. Does anyone know whether or not anyone got in that way? If so, were they charged regular price (which I guess would be $167)?

neonlightsxo
#209Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:34pm

I don't know if anyone got in but cancellation tickets are always regular/full price.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#210Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:55pm

"We need to start a new thread for Hamilton Previews. This one has gone off the rails. Maybe name it Hamilton Broadway Previews."

There was another one posted the other day (shortly after this one had dropped down to page 2), Hamilton Preview Review Thread

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Liza's Headband
#211Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:04pm

y'all are gonna have a funner time at School of Rock though 

WE NEED TO STOP RESPONDING TO THIS TROLL. HE IS A TROLL BECAUSE HE CLAIMS TO BE IN COLLEGE BUT USES A WORD THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST. FUNNER? FUNNER?!?! GOOD GOD, MAN. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#212Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:11pm

Yet another thread ruined by Philly Pinto!

Phillypinto
#213Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:16pm

Liza, chill out. And I did not "ruin" anything. A Director, I do not base my opinions on fantasy thank youu.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#214Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:17pm

Pinto, you are having a bad day. Let me tell you why.

Today you are giving opinions about things that you have no rational basis for forming an opinion. You can give us your opinion on the logos of the shows; on individual songs you have heard fro a show; on the track record of the creative team, cast, producers; on the show's finances; etc. But you cannot have a rational opinion about something you have not seen.

Now why is that so bad? It is disrespectful, not of anyone here, but of the performers and artisans who are committing the act of theatre. You are judging their work without seeing it. As someone who purports to want a career in the theatre, that is tantamount to disrespecting yourself. I expected more of you, and I am ashamed for you.

Now let me suggest that, just for a minute, you stop and think about the implications of what you are doing. 

Liza's Headband
#215Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:24pm

He's also having a really bad day because he claims to be in college but uses the word "funner." That's just unbelievable. Troll. 

Margo319
#216Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:26pm

Hamilton Previews

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#217Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:27pm

Hogan, you're wasting your breath. Or pixels.

BonnieBanks Profile Photo
BonnieBanks
#218Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:33pm

9 pages of comments after only one performance of Hamilton and half of the pages are crap because of this kid. If I had known about his behavior, I never would have engaged in conversation with him on the School of Rock thread. I thought I was talking to a normal person interested in conversation. Turns out I was talking to a Ninny. 

Can the moderators not do anything about this? The thread cannot continue in this way. 

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#219Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:38pm

Forgot to post last night but Hamilton was one of the most amazing pieces of theater i have ever seen. I know im just repeating what everyone else said but i just had to say it.

Zzk6126
#220Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:39pm

Does anyone have any info about getting tickets from the cancellation line? Specifically in the 59 dollar range

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#221Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:49pm

Just finished 9 pages of posts and bought the book that inspired it all for my Kindle. Hopefully, $11.21 well spent. Looking forward to the cast album and the reactions of my friends who are seeing it next month...

Looking forward to the next 9 pages!

ChiTheaterFan
#222Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 5:49pm

"Does anyone have any info about getting tickets from the cancellation line? Specifically in the 59 dollar range"

They're full price and you get what (if anything) is available. Every time I've done this for other shows (and Hamilton at the public) I've gotten very good (not cheap) seats. But there's no way to predict what will be available on any given day--when we went to the Public I don't think they sold any the day before we went and they probably sold 20 when we went.  I don't think any tickets for this show would be $59 but I haven't looked specifically at ticket prices of, for example, the restricted view seats. 

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#223Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 6:09pm

http://media4.giphy.com/media/o8T8Gs3Ct4U5W/giphy.gif"Hogan, you're wasting your breath. Or pixels."

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

ryandl15 Profile Photo
ryandl15
#224Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 6:47pm

Any merchandise?

Videos