News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 127

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

Showface
#3150Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/8/14 at 10:01pm

Also, I know I may come off as overly optimistic for the film, but, hey, what can I say? It's my favorite musical, and the film looks quite good from what we've seen!

I like to be optimistic and hope for the best! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3151Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/8/14 at 10:09pm

"Pretty sure Josh Groban is doing the song for the credits."

Ew. This is a joke. Right? Right?????

Starship
#3152Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/8/14 at 10:17pm

It could be worse. I'd rather Groban than someone like Ariana Grande doing a 21st century rendition of the Witch's "Stay With Me." You win some ya loose some.

Updated On: 11/8/14 at 10:17 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3153Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/8/14 at 10:22pm

Has it been confirmed that Streep is singing the original "Last Midnight" lyrics? How do we know she's going to end with "boom crunch" and not one of the other versions?

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#3154Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/8/14 at 11:05pm

Meryl Streep on the mountain is NOT doing "Last Midnight". It is from her transformation. You can tell it from the trailer, because in the trailer the clip of her old ugly form with rotating camera, blueish background, and flashing lights matches up with the TV spot's clip of her beautiful self with rotating camera, blueish background, and flashing lights.

And yes, THAT scene looks incredibly amazing!

Updated On: 11/8/14 at 11:05 PM

Mrtrobz
#3155Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/8/14 at 11:06pm

I didn't gather that Groban would do the credit song, I think he is just currently recording a cover for the new album he is working on.

Showface
#3156Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/8/14 at 11:16pm

@MagicalMusical

Actually, it is...if you look in the trailer, there is a clip where the Baker, LRR, Cinderella, and Jack are fleeing during that scene and hiding. During this scene you can see an inclined hill in front of them. That inclined hill is where Meryl is singing in Last Midnight.

Also, it is clear in the TC spot she is singing in that moment...she does NOT sing during her transformation...Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Also, Magical Musical, if you look at the trailer, when Rapunzel is riding away, she still has her cape on. The Witch is holding something else.

UPDATE: I'd also like to point out that many of the nightime scenes have a blueish background...
Updated On: 11/8/14 at 11:16 PM

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#3157Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/9/14 at 2:13am

You may be right Showface...

I just think it's still her transformation because the clips where she's ugly and the camera turns and the lightning flashes look like the clips of her beautiful with the camera turns and the lightning flashes.

Also, I think she may be opening her mouth in awe instead of singing.

But you are right about Rapunzel's cape.

Updated On: 11/10/14 at 02:13 AM

Showface
#3158Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/9/14 at 1:53pm

It seems they are screening for awards next week:

http://disneystudiosawards.com/awards/into-the-woods

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3159Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:11pm

https://d23.com/into-the-woods-exclusive-cast-interviews-winter-issue-disney-twenty-three/

To celebrate Disney’s big-screen adaptation of the hit Broadway musical Into the Woods, Disney twenty-three, the publication of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, got all the thrilling details from the stars and creative team behind the new breathtaking, upcoming film. In exclusive interviews with Disney twenty-three, stars Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Anna Kendrick and Chris Pine, along with director Rob Marshall and screenplay author James Lapine, detail the excitement and challenges of bringing the Tony® Award-winning musical to the big screen, including explaining how they played a game of hide-and-seek with some (fake) witchy fingernails and how the team gracefully—and sometimes hilariously—handled Blunt’s pregnancy during filming.

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Updated On: 11/10/14 at 01:11 PM

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#3160Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:19pm

^Sweet

When it comes to the track listing for the deluxe edition, I am really happy about it. It's a must buy when 12/16 comes around.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3161Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 1:26pm

Some sources claim it will be released on Monday, 12/15. When that's the case and music/movies get released on Monday, every store I go to won't have it on the shelf and say "it's for Tuesday."

Musical Master
#3162Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 5:29pm

While I was looking around the UK Itunes, I saw the INTO THE WOODS deluxe soundtrack and I found 30-1:30 samples and took a long listen to them. WOW! I mean, WOOOW!

Meryl Streep SLAYS "Stay With Me" and "Last Midnight" you guys. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

"Hello Little Girl" is lowered slightly to fit Depp's voice (he sounds so much like his Sweeney Todd) and he sounds wonderful. The orchestrations sound like a mixture of orchestral and 1940's big band which fits wonderfully with each other.

Corden and Blunt vocals are really good and charming and fits their characters.

"Agony" sounds as wonderful as ever with Pine's voice being a stand out.

Kendrick sounds lovely in a higher voice (her "On The Steps of the Palace" sounds lovely) and Crawford and Huttlestone are quite good.

If any of you have Itunes just look for the flag icon on the bottom and find "United Kingdom" and look for "Into The Woods", you will not be disappointed.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#3163Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 6:16pm

Ugh it sounds so amazing I can't stand it!!!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#3164Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 6:17pm

Wow... I have to say I'm way more impressed than I expected to be! Moving from overly cautiously optimistic to really excited. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Musical Master
#3165Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 6:18pm

^^I know right?! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

^I agree jp, it's going to be amazing on screen. We have one month left....Just one more.

bwayobsessed
#3166Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 6:39pm

Can you post the link to the track previews? I cant seem to find them...

Starship
#3167Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 6:59pm

They must've taken it down as the link is invalid now and Into the Woods is nowhere to be found on the UK iTunes.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3168Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 7:11pm

Although that link is no longer valid, if you just visit the UK iTunes store and do a search for Into the Woods, you'll find it.

Starship
#3169Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 7:20pm

Prepare to be blown away with the Stay With Me preview...holy cow I was NOT expecting that. Beyond incredible.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#3170Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 7:32pm

WOW! I am not sure what to say...

Whoever arranged the score for the cinematic sound did a OUTSTANDING job! There is not one track on it that sounded less than excellent. Wow, wow, wow!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3171Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 8:11pm

Well, looks like Tunick and Gemignani were closely involved. Here are the music credits from IMDB. Not sure why a single violinist is listed.

Does anyone know what David Krane's role (musical score adaptation) involves? Does he adapt Tunick's original orchestrations? Is he creating underscoring that didn't exist in the original stage production?

BTW, I think it's stupid that we're having two parallel discussions on this just because some asshole's ego couldn't take contributing to an existing thread.

Musical Master
#3172Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 8:27pm

It would appear that Krane might have worked closely with Sondheim on what music would fit in whatever the situation of the film could be. It's great to know that Jonathan Tunick and Paul Gemignani worked on this film and I hope that Tunick could work on future adapations of Sondheim's musicals before he passes.

henriquefho
#3173Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 8:32pm

While listening to the previews, I realized that the new Whitch's song, "She'll Be Back", isn't in the soundtrack... Why?

bwayobsessed
#3174Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/10/14 at 8:33pm

Can people in America not view them?

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos