News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 125

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#3100Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 11:25am

Did I forget to mention that Streep is gorgeous and Johnny Depp as the Wolf looks delightfully creepy?

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#3101Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 11:33am

"The shot of Rapunzel riding a horse and running away from the witch though... I really hope that isn't the last show we see of her"

According to the people who saw the screenings, that is the last we see of her.

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#3102Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 12:28pm

My 2 cents - I think this is an almost perfect, beautifully edited trailer. It sets up the premise. It sets up the conflict. It shows the big name stars and the main characters who are instantly familiar from the fairy tales. It shows the dark color palette of the movie which is popular these days with Burton and others. There are moments of magic, mystery, emotion, humor, suspense, and action. It presents only a few songs yet keeps an overall theme that rises and flows musically. Lines and beats of the show abound for those of us who know the musical. It sent shivers though me and, like another person here said, brought a tear to my eye seeing these moments realized on film. "Be careful what you wish for" aside, I am truly hoping the film is what we wished for! I'm going to the ITW reunion this Sunday in Southern California, and it will be interesting if they tie the movie in.

Updated On: 11/6/14 at 12:28 PM

Starship
#3103Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 1:04pm

Beyond worth the wait. I'm thrilled!

To add to the Anna Kendrick comments made earlier - I love her as a person and I think she has a great sense of humor. However, I always feel when she's acting she looks like she's "acting." Even in the posters, it looks like she's either uncomfortable or just really new to acting, which is weird. It's almost as if she's a more animated version of Kristen Stewart.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#3104Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 2:53pm

A good portion of the 100000+ views are mine. Just love it. The orchestra is glorious, the visuals exciting, and so many of the line readings are spot on. This may very well turn out to be the gift to the theater community that the work deserves.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3105Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 3:36pm

Possible lyric change based on the ITW Twitter: “How can you know who you are, ‘til you know what you want? Which I don’t.”

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3106Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 3:50pm

Question for those who have seen a screening: Have Lapine and Marshall removed or drastically toned down the humor and whimsy of the Broadway show or is that a false impression I'm getting from the trailer?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3107Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 3:52pm

The Official Website is now LIVE: http://movies.disney.com/into-the-woods/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1yW1ktIcAEiHn1.png Updated On: 11/6/14 at 03:52 PM

Wildcard
#3108Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 4:26pm

I wouldn't say they "toned down" the humor, it's just different. There are still many funny moments, it may just not be in the same moments you're expecting.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#3109Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 5:07pm

I heard that the official website got updated with an instrumental of "No One Is Alone" but I can't find it, I go to the movies.disney website but there's nothing but the new trailer we got today.

EDIT: Found it!
Updated On: 11/6/14 at 05:07 PM

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#3110Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 5:08pm

I have very serious reservations about the extra tower they've graphicised onto Dover Castle.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3111Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 5:16pm

Whoa, that instrumental 'No one is Alone' sounds gorgeous.

kudelicek
#3112Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 5:45pm

How I could find the song on the website please? Thank you....

Updated On: 11/6/14 at 05:45 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3113Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 5:51pm

Starts playing automatically for me. Make sure your volume is up or click the speaker button above the logo.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3114Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 5:54pm

WOW IT SOUNDS SO LUSH!...since most orchestras have left the Broadway Theatre because of costs, it is so wonderful to hear a full orchestra play Sondheim...i actually have tears in my eyes listening to this...tears of joy and happiness...:)

and the YOUTUBE trailer has now over 363,000 views since this morning...including the ten times i have watched...:)

Updated On: 11/6/14 at 05:54 PM

Wildcard
#3115Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 6:13pm

I hope that version of "No One is Alone," along with other incidental music, end up on the deluxe soundtrack CD

AnthonyB Profile Photo
AnthonyB
#3116Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 6:23pm

Having been a fan of this show since approx. 1989, I am beyond excited for this.

And you guys get to see it almost two weeks before it makes it across the pod to the UK!

For anyone who's seen this at a preview screening may I ask if either of the following two things have made it into the film?

After the Baker has stolen the cape from Little Red Riding Hood he sings something along the lines of "It's a cloak. What's a cloak? It's a stupid little cloak. It's a joke! And a cloak is what to make it; so you take it. Do you want a child or not?" (I'm tired and it's late so that may not be word perfect) and;

Two Midnights Gone, which frustratingly never made it onto the OBC recording.

Thanks in advance.

jimmycurry01
#3117Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 7:17pm

That cow doesn't look as white as milk to me.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#3118Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 9:49pm

"That cow doesn't look as white as milk to me."

BOYCOTT!!

"I wouldn't say they "toned down" the humor, it's just different. There are still many funny moments, it may just not be in the same moments you're expecting."

Good to know. Thanks, WildCard!

Showface
#3119Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 9:58pm

That was beautiful! Got me even more stoked to see the film.

I'm surprised that the trailer seemed to appease fans of the musical more than to please the masses...Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Meryl looks like MVP of the film, but fact of the matter is, I think the entire cast looks wonderful!

I really liked Streep's line delivery that we've seen from her so far: "Not always..."...I really liked that part! It sounds like she went for a deeper voice for the glamorous Witch. It gives me "Ursula" vibes...and I don't know if I really love it or not...but whatever, she still looks wonderful!

I'm stoked!

Starship
#3120Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 11:23pm

I think Meryl makes a stunning Witch, but I just still don't know how I feel about the casting. I really wish she could've had stronger vocals to have been able to explore more of a character voice. I just don't picture an ugly hag having a crystal clear soprano voice. No judgment though. All I've seen is a few clips so I can't wait to see it in theatres. Updated On: 11/6/14 at 11:23 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3121Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 11:30pm

But every major Witch has sounded beautiful in "Stay With Me," especially during the ending.

I would not want to hear a character voice in such a tender song. Updated On: 11/6/14 at 11:30 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#3122Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/6/14 at 11:30pm

Anna Kendrick almost ruins this. What a terrible wooden actress. Nothing in the eyes.

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#3123Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/7/14 at 2:38am

HOLY SH!T IT LOOKS SO AMAZING!!!!! That was one fantastic trailer! And beautiful, too!
Emily Blunt, Meryl Streep, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine, and even Lilla Crawford seem like they will be so good in this! Oh, Meryl is fantastic, and Anna, doing so well as Cinderella who's dream coming true is not turning out like it seemed. Oh, this film, I can't wait to see this film!!!! The costumes, the effects, the acting, the directing, the singing, ahhhhh!!!!!

I bet Rapunzel riding away won't be the last we see of her. There's still the ending song where everyone comes out to sing, even the dead people. Unless they changed that.

The extra tower to the castle makes it look more like a fairy tale castle. I wish they had changed the castle even more like that.

Meryl Streep is not going to give the transformed Witch a deeper voice. She did sound deep in that clip, but from a clip that some web site put up of her singing from the scene where Rapunzel runs away from her on the horse, she didn't sing with that deep voice.

The Witch singing so beautifully instead of like an old hag would sing makes sense to me because her age and ugliness is only a spell, the real beautiful her is inside.

I think Anna Kendrick is wonderfully acting from what we saw from this trailer!

Hey, in the trailer we can see the transformed Witch holding the pink thing from Rapunzel she held on the Entertainment Weekly cover! I still think it's her cape we saw when she ran away during Cinderella and the Prince's wedding.

Updated On: 11/7/14 at 02:38 AM

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3124Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/7/14 at 6:47am

...860,000+ views and still counting...wow!

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos