News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread- Page 5

Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#100re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/22/09 at 10:04pm

I haven't seem 9 to 5...but just by the clips I've seen it seems like it was born to be a hit.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

PiraguaGuy2
#101re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/22/09 at 10:05pm

I actually HAVE seen it. It was great, and is apparently only going to be better by the time it gets here in two weeks.

Predicitons aren't based on what anyone has seen. That's the point of PREDICTING. It's not about who we WANT to win, it's about who WILL win, and the fact remains 9 to 5 is locked for a number of awards.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#102re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/22/09 at 10:09pm

I think Snarky is just bitter that ROCK OF AGES won't be getting a nomination for Best Musical.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#102re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/22/09 at 10:09pm

I saw it.

snarkywannabedreamer Profile Photo
snarkywannabedreamer
#104re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 11:37am

actually I have no expectations that ROA will, Charleston. Was just curious about 9 to 5.

Oh Charleston... You are adorably lame. :) Best of luck with the teaching!!!

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#105re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 11:57am

Snarky - A lot of people who saw it in LA loved 9 to 5 and acknowledged that it needs some tightening up and that some songs need to be cut. I searched for the thread about it where everyone who saw it in LA posted their thoughts on it, but can?t find it. From everything I?ve heard, overall it seems to be in good shape and with a little work they can make it even better.

esparza 333
#106re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:16pm

I have a feeling Martha Plimpton will be getting more votes then we are giving her credit for. She does steal Pal Joey and is very overdue. Will she a definitely win the tony?
No
Is she a contender?
Yes
That being said, I think they will defintely want to reward one of the 9 to 5 ladies. I had heard somewhere that Janney would be Lead and Hilty and Block would be Featured. If that is the case I see Stephanie J Block winning the tony. They mostly give the featured tony awards to scene stealers. From what I have heard Stephanie fits into that category.

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#107re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:24pm

Rock of Ages is on its way to a Tony nom.

KingKong
#108re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:26pm

Epic Lulz.

PiraguaGuy2
#109re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:26pm

Snort.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#110re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 3:42pm

Ha that's a joke.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Yankeefan007
#111re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 4:56pm

I could definitely forsee ROCK OF AGES being nominated for Best Musical.

Winning?

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#112re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:07pm

ROA will not be nominated.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#113re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:29pm

You won't be Charleston, but Rock of Ages will be. Updated On: 3/23/09 at 05:29 PM

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#114re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:40pm

While everyone loves to pick fights with Charleston I have to say he is right in this case. I don't believe Rock of Ages will fill the 4th slot. I think it may go to Shrek. Im not saying Shrek or ROA arent worthy of the final spot but I think the voters will split between the two.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

KingKong
#115re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:41pm

Thresa, who is your supplier, cause I'd like to be a high as you have to be right now.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#116re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:42pm

"Im not saying Shrek or ROA arent worthy of the final spot but I think the voters will split between the two. "

Now that's a point that can be discussed, theatreboy.

And King Kong, you really need to write in English.

KingKong
#117re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:47pm

Umm it is in english, maybe you should try reading and stop smoking crack. ROA is shat.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#118re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:48pm

I've read you a few places and you really don't write well at all. Take some time to brush up on word choice, sentence structure, or maybe they haven't covered that where you go to school yet.

BTW - what's a "shat?"
Updated On: 3/23/09 at 05:48 PM

KingKong
#119re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:51pm

past tense of ****, but since **** gets ****ed out i said shat.

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#120re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 5:53pm

So you don't even swear in good English? You still can't get the caps to work either.
Updated On: 3/23/09 at 05:53 PM

KingKong
#121re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 6:00pm

I type fine actually. I work as a writer. It is what I am paid to do. Sometimes I choose to not use caps because this is an informal platform of communication. I am not chatting in a professional setting, these messages are not being sent back and forth between my co-workers, there is no reason for me to treat them as such. I can speak and write the English language properly. At school I was a writing major. I have two degrees, one of which is a writing degree. Please learn the difference between informal communication and formal communication. The same thing exists in speech as well. We speak (generally) differently in different situations. If you are with a teacher or a boss you are more likely to speak with proper grammar and without slang, but in a more informal setting, with friends and family, you would likely relax your speech patterns and use a different vernacular.

Do you understand the difference now theresa? or is your stupid ass still on the crack pipe?

Updated On: 3/23/09 at 06:00 PM

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#122re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 6:05pm

Must have killed you to have to exert all that effort to type out that post, King Kong.

KingKong
#123re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 6:07pm

yes it killed me, i'm dead. I'm typing from beyond the grave. OOOOoooooooOOOOOooooooOOOOoooOoOoooOooOOOH IM A GHOST!

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#124re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
Posted: 3/23/09 at 6:08pm

Ha ha! now you're talking K.K.

Videos