News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024- Page 2

THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:18am

I don't think this will last until Dec. 15. Wishful thinking I guess. There's almost no advance for this show in September.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#26THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:18am

Joy Woods is a star and I'm glad more people got to see that. This show had so much potential and could have been great but it really fell flat for me. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#27THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:20am

DramaTeach said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Whatever is opening at the Schoenfeld in the spring must be starting previews in late January or February — and a major artist schedule is probably dictating that. I can’t think of another reason why Notebook would close right before Christmas."

Could that be where Othello is going?
"

Could be Othello, or Good Night & Good Luck, or Dorian Grey, or Glengarry. Or a musical where the author or director only has a limited window of time between January and April (BVSC? N2N?). But now I'm just naming all the shows circling Broadway for next year. We'll probably get an announcement next week or the week after.

Fosse76
#28THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:35am

EDSOSLO858 said: "The Armpits rumor is Buena Vista Social Club, but we will see."

There is no mainstream Broadway audience for this show. Not even if they had a bankable star. It screams flop.

Hope Lombardo
#29THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:37am

ACL2006 said: "I don't think this will last until Dec. 15. Wishful thinking I guess. There's almost no advance for this show in September."

This is the right answer, I believe, for folks asking why they aren't going to stay open for the holiday weeks...the more likely scenario is that it'll closer even sooner if the news can't lift ticket sales. sad but true. 

rattleNwoolypenguin
#30THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:44am

There’s a world where the right creative team could’ve done something really stunning and gorgeous and gone beyond a Nicholas Sparks novel.

But like Gatsby, this was missing a core intelligence.

You earn sobs and heartfelt moments when there’s also something else there

Updated On: 8/30/24 at 11:44 AM

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#31THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:54am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "DramaTeach said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Whatever is opening at the Schoenfeld in the spring must be starting previews in late January or February — and a major artist schedule is probably dictating that. I can’t think of another reason why Notebook would close right before Christmas."

"

Could beOthello, or Good Night & Good Luck, or Dorian Grey, or Glengarry.Or a musical where the author or director only has a limited window of time between January and April (BVSC? N2N?). But now I'm just naming all the shows circling Broadway for next year. We'll probably get an announcement next week or the week after.
"

There's also Dead Outlaw.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

Sutton Ross
#32THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:55am

But like Gatsby, this was missing a core intelligence.

While true, The Great Gatsby is fun and looks expensive which is what people want out of pricey Broadway shows these days (according to their grosses). 

two ladies tickets
#33THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 11:59am

While closing before the end of the year might seem odd remember that during the holiday weeks Broadway shows play adjusted schedules with added performances, this means overtime for the crew and cast which adds to the running costs, that probably factored in choosing the closing date. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#34THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 12:03pm

Ingrid Michaelson shared that today also marked the 10th anniversary of the passing of her mother. What a touching tribute to her mother and The Notebook. She wrote such an incredibly wonderful score for this show and I’m sure her mother would be so proud of Ingrid.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

rattleNwoolypenguin
#35THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 12:04pm

Sutton Ross said: "But like Gatsby, this was missing a core intelligence.

While true, The Great Gatsby is fun and looks expensive which is what people want out of pricey Broadwayshows these days (according to their grosses).
"

Gatsby felt created by people who watched the Baz film one time and said “yeah it’ll be something like that” 

Sutton Ross
#36THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 12:15pm

Ha, 100%. I love your comment. But, their socials are hot, they have two really popular leads, and it looks great. It's cotton candy but it's absolutely delicious ;)

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#37THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 12:16pm

two ladies tickets said: "While closing before the end of the year might seem odd remember that during the holiday weeks Broadway shows playadjusted schedules with added performances, this means overtime for the crew and cast which adds to the running costs, that probably factored in choosing the closing date."

Overtime that almost always pays off for the production because of the rise in tourism & sales at that time of year. Christmas week can often make up for losses sustained in the slow periods of September-November. But at least they get Thanksgiving and earlier-December traffic.

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#38THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 12:20pm

James2 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "DramaTeach said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Whatever is opening at the Schoenfeld in the spring must be starting previews in late January or February — and a major artist schedule is probably dictating that. I can’t think of another reason why Notebook would close right before Christmas."

"

Could beOthello, or Good Night & Good Luck, or Dorian Grey, or Glengarry.Or a musical where the author or director only has a limited window of time between January and April (BVSC? N2N?). But now I'm just naming all the shows circling Broadway for next year. We'll probably get an announcement next week or the week after.
"

There's also Dead Outlaw.
"

and Cats: The Jellicle Ball

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#39THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 12:42pm

Sutton Ross said: "Ha, 100%. I love yourcomment. But, their socials are hot, they have two really popular leads, and it looks great. It's cotton candy but it's absolutely delicious ;)

"

Gatsby’s social media is better than the show. And it’s free. 

Fosse76
#40THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 1:17pm

The8re phan said: "and Cats: The Jellicle Ball"

Would tgat even work in a Broadway house that isn't Circle in the Square?

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#41THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 1:24pm

Fosse76 said: "The8re phan said: "and Cats: The Jellicle Ball"

Would tgat even work in a Broadway house that isn't Circle in the Square?
"

Get a runway, get stadium seats for each side (like spring awakening) put some cabaret tables/couches and call it a day. It would be perfect in there 

chrishuyen
#42THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 1:37pm

I've said this pretty much since the beginning but if they just took the exact Here Lies Love setup from the Broadway and replaced the side stages with cabaret tables it would be almost perfect

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#43THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 3:10pm

Add one to the Buena Vista tally. I’ve heard they secured a house for the spring.

Sutton Ross
#44THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/30/24 at 3:12pm

That's incredibly exciting, it was my favorite off Broadway show last year. Thanks for the info!

Barbour Pole Profile Photo
Barbour Pole
#45THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 8/31/24 at 9:40am

Really sad to see this go.  A lot to like here.

Musigamist
#46THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 9:40am

With Moulin Rouge announcing John Cardoza joining the cast on October 15, is that a sign that Notebook will be closed by then?

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#47THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 9:43am

Why is this allowed??  Why would they let everyone jump ship at the end?  

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#48THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 9:48am

Broadway Flash said: "Why is this allowed?? Why would they let everyone jump ship at the end?"

It's called HAVING A JOB! You seem to forget that actors like John rely on jobs like this to help pay their bills, as living in NYC ain't cheap! That's showbusiness for ya!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince
Updated On: 9/5/24 at 09:48 AM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#49THE NOTEBOOK to Close on Broadway on December 15, 2024
Posted: 9/5/24 at 9:50am

I too thought Cardoza would close out Notebook and join Rouge shortly after the holidays. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Latest Posts

Videos