News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL- Page 10

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#225Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 2:01am

VintageSnarker said: "I just hope she does her Carnegie Hall concert so I can see that Last 5 Years reunion. And if it's already been announced, can someone tell me when she's scheduled to leave Waitress so I know how long I have to see it?"

On her last vlog, she said she has no idea how long she's there until. Which, honestly sorta makes me feel like....maybe that could factor into it? If she has no idea how long she'll be in it for....that's sorta fishy.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#226Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 2:16am

Mister Matt said: "I loved Betsy in Falsettos. I think she's great. I also live in reality. You want to believe she's a serious contender or easily the favorite,you should sit down and have a chat with Kelli O'Hara someday. I would seriously hope she'd slap some sense into your heads cuz y'all sound crazy."

when was Kelli ever the easy favorite for a Tony? even the year she won was highly contentious

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#227Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 2:27am

oh and Carrie was Audra's first Tony, not her second.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#228Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 2:28am

Ugh, honestly I thought I had Matt blocked.  God you're so confrontational.  Get over yourself.  Caissie Levy made a good career move because she had no other option.  She had Frozen or unemployment.  What a ridiculous argument.  You act like I'm not speaking totally hypothetically.  I don't know sh*t.  I can only speculate and that's what I'm trying to do.  Carousel is pretty beloved and it'll probably run 1 1/2 to 2 years on Broadway, which is a perfectly healthy run these days for most revivals.  Also plenty of people have won various awards for Carrie.  It's certainly a popular part.  And also the whole last part of your statement is downright incorrect.  Kelli was NEVER the clear frontrunner, not even the year she won.  Actually you've proven to not have any critical thinking skills at all.  You can't even understand what I'm writing.  Get your head out of your a**.  You're the one that sounds crazy.

As for Betsy, I just hope the best for her.  I don't thinking anyone in this thread is *literally* freaking out about her leaving the show.

DPE123
#229Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 2:53am

VintageSnarker said: "I just hope she does her Carnegie Hall concert so I can see that Last 5 Years reunion. And if it's already been announced, can someone tell me when she's scheduled to leave Waitress so I know how long I have to see it?"

They've never agreed her departure, that's the thing. She said on Friday "I don't know when I'm finishing, that's the honest truth". Also "I'm very, very, very, very excited about Carousel." Anyway. There's been a bit of derision at the length of this thread and yes to be fair some of it has been fairly laughable. And I too am uncomfortable with the speculation about something that would be private to her and her fiance, and if it were the case would put her in an awkward situation just now.

But also to be fair many people like and respect her a lot, and I think were concerned for her that something bad had happened. (And we're not all 'gays'!!) But clearly apart from a couple who seem to think they know, most of us have no idea what's gone on. One thing for sure, Betsy Wolfe can handle herself and her public image, and if she needs to stay quiet for a while then that's what will happen. I'm pretty sure when she says in her statement she is "so sad" she means exactly that and I think many people feel the same. I just hope for her sake this isn't just a massive cock-up and something good comes along quickly.

Updated On: 9/22/17 at 02:53 AM

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#230Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 8:50am

This thread was everything I thought it would be.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#231Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 8:54am

when was Kelli ever the easy favorite for a Tony?

According to her biggest fans, every year.  After Piazza, the grumblings began, then after Pajama Game, some exasperation, then after South Pacific, they started getting louder and after Bridges, quite dramatic.  The only reason I mention it is because of how well I remember it. Every year, her name was attached to "overdue".   Anyway, my point was the idea of anyone who hasn't eve played a role in a production that hasn't even started rehearsals being a "serious contender" for the Tony is silly, but to so vehemently defend it becomes ludicrous.  Especially when you start speaking in absolutes, yet claim you're speaking hypothetically while hypocritically chastising someone else for lacking critical thinking skills.

oh and Carrie was Audra's first Tony, not her second.

Ah, yes...I always forget Carousel came before Master Class.  In that case, she probably owes all six of her Tonys to the role of Carrie.

Actually you've proven to not have any critical thinking skills at all.  You can't even understand what I'm writing. 

LOL  I was applying critical thinking skills to your statements (that you don't actually make hypothetically).  That's why I copy them first and respond to the statement.  You just don't like what I have to say and that's fine.  You can complain to all the people who have won Tonys for playing Carrie in Carousel.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#232Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 9:24am

Babe_Williams said: "This thread was everything I thought it would be."

This thread is nothing like I wanted it to be. Hope more dramatic readings come out else this is not worth it anymore.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#233Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 10:23am

CurtainPullDowner said: "Now I can't get Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his bow tie out of my brain."

Jesse Tyler Ferguson has become the highlight of this thread.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#234Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 11:45am

poisonivy2 wrote: Well she is in Waitress every night ...

I'm in Los Angeles every night, so it's YouTube, etc. for me!

Laurabell22
#235Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 12:18pm

I've been thinking about who would be a good replacement & Erin Davie came to mind. She was so wonderful in Side Show & her acting is always on point. I wish Betsy the best & hope there are some exciting things coming for her. 

Updated On: 9/20/17 at 12:18 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#236Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 12:46pm

Someone mentioned that she was possibly announced without a signed contract - which I find very unlikely for a Rudin production. Something tells me he would not put someone's name on a marquee without a signed piece of paper. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#237Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 12:53pm

Denee Benton as her replacement?

GeorgeandDot
#238Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 12:59pm

Ruthie Ann Miles, Denee Benton, and Katie Rose Clark would all be great.  I'm wondering if there's a reason why Henry is the only lead cast member who's a PoC.  They might be playing with some themes that wouldn't work if a WoC were cast as Carrie.  I'm interested to know.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#239Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:04pm

Jigger (Amar Ramasar) is also a POC. 

GeorgeandDot
#240Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:05pm

poisonivy2 said: "Jigger (Amar Ramasar) is also a POC."

I know.  I meant the main cast (Mueller, Henry, Fleming, Gemignani).

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#241Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:07pm

Laurabell22 said: "I've been thinking about who would be a good replacement & Erin Davie came to mind. She was so wonderful in Side Show & her acting is always on point.I wish Betsy the best & hope there are some exciting things coming for her."

Erin Davie was also her replacement in the Drood revival.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

BeNice Profile Photo
BeNice
#242Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:16pm

I think she's doing Tina but Adrienne Warren would be   my pick.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#243Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:26pm

What about emily Padgett? She's currently in a jack O'Brien show.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#244Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:32pm

If you're not on Instagram (and thus can't view stories), here's JTF's dramatic reading of post #100:

https://twitter.com/jessetyler/status/910550231334322176

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#245Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:40pm

Call_me_jorge said: "What about emily Padgett? She's currently in a jack O'Brien show."

Or Kerstin Anderson who led The Sound Of Music tour recently.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#246Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:42pm

LizzieCurry said: "If you're not on Instagram (and thus can't view stories), here's JTF's dramatic reading of post #100:

"

He did another one which is still on his insta stories (which is now 23 hours ago so it will go away soon). It's pretty hilarious as well.

PurpleSummerHathaway Profile Photo
PurpleSummerHathaway
#247Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 1:48pm

Valentina3 said: "LizzieCurry said: "If you're not on Instagram (and thus can't view stories), here's JTF's dramatic reading of post #100:

"

He did another one which is still on his insta stories(which is now 23 hours ago so it will go away soon). It's pretty hilarious as well.
"

He just posted that one (mine) on twitter too. I'm so glad I don't use my real name on this board lol that is both awesome and embarrassing 

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#248Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 2:12pm

PurpleSummerHathaway said: "Valentina3 said: "LizzieCurry said: "If you're not on Instagram (and thus can't view stories), here's JTF's dramatic reading of post #100:

"

He did another one which is still on his insta stories(which is now 23 hours ago so it will go away soon). It's pretty hilarious as well.
"

He just posted that one (mine) on twitter too. I'm so glad I don't use my real name on this board lol that is both awesome and embarrassing

"

I feel the same way lol 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#249Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 3:02pm

Ferguson's reading of post 100 is the funniest thing I have seen in weeks. That said, a Broadway actor turned television star making fun of Broadway fans is a little gross. It's like, they were once the hand that fed you, dude - enjoy your high tower in Los Angeles.

Still hilarious though.

Videos