pixeltracker

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?- Page 11

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?

Pashacar
#250YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 4:00pm

Strange Lupone said: "FOUR comps per member??? I’m gonna get fourand I’m not showing up. Sing to the empty seats, nepo baby!!!!"

Broadway has sexual abusers, wage thieves, and countless other ne'er-do-wells, but all the trolls come out to hate on Ben Platt than basically any other figure in the industry. Why?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#251YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 4:25pm

Azúcar! said: "Equity lounge offering upto 4 comps per member for performances this week. Also .. no surprise .. it’s on tkts."

Thanks for sharing this as I mentioned the other day that I was offered comps from someone else and they just asked how many did I want.

When I mentioned this Luscious said I was full of crap.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

mshalo18
#252YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 4:42pm

Probably the easiest lottery win ever. I entered for the hell of it and won for tomorrow. 

Strange Lupone
#253YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 4:47pm

mshalo18 said: "Probably the easiest lottery win ever. I entered for the hell of it and won for tomorrow."

Ouch.

gibsons2
#254YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 5:07pm

Pashacar said: "Strange Lupone said: "FOUR comps per member??? I’m gonna get fourand I’m not showing up. Sing to the empty seats, nepo baby!!!!"

Broadway has sexual abusers, wage thieves, and countless other ne'er-do-wells, but all the trolls come out to hate on Ben Platt than basicallyany other figure in the industry. Why?
"

I think it's general lack of self awareness and humility on Ben's side. He's the epitome of an extremely privileged kid (not without a talent, to be fair), whose dad produces his work, who has never been said "no" and who got upset when he realized not everyone likes him or finds him cute. Ben's reaction to DEH movie internet vitriol just proved that he's a bit detached from reality. He has thin skin, people immediately see it and are happy to double down. I don't condone online mobbing but Ben makes it too easy. Bless his heart.

alovingfan Profile Photo
alovingfan
#255YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 6:38pm

Pashacar said: "Strange Lupone said: "FOUR comps per member??? I’m gonna get fourand I’m not showing up. Sing to the empty seats, nepo baby!!!!"

Broadway has sexual abusers, wage thieves, and countless other ne'er-do-wells, but all the trolls come out to hate on Ben Platt than basicallyany other figure in the industry. Why?
"

They came out to hate on all those people as well.  Platt is not special in this way either.  

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#256YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 6:40pm

I don't hate Ben Platt, but it's a little funny to me in a sad way that his broad mainstream success came via the infamy of the movie and the discourse that followed, and the poor sales of his performance at the Palace slot so easily into that narrative that it's kind of hard to ignore.

MysteriousLady
#257YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 6:57pm

Charley Kringas Inc said: "his broad mainstream success came via the infamy of the movie and the discourse that followed, "

What? 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#258YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 7:26pm

Huss417 said: "Azúcar! said: "Equity lounge offering upto 4 comps per member for performances this week. Also .. no surprise .. it’s on tkts."

Thanks for sharing this as I mentioned the other day that I was offered comps from someone else and they just asked how many did I want.

"

True, an actor friend of ours said Equity is giving out free tickets but we couldn't go this week.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

DJD4
#259YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 7:48pm

god this has all been so entertaining to read. Almost as fun as the old "Funny Girl" thread that deleted any slightly critical comment about Lea Michele. 

Look, I'm no fan of Ben and I have expressed that opinion, and even I think that some of the vitriol against him is a little extreme. HOWEVER, I am far more concerned by the people avidly and vehemently defending him to the point of attacking and questioning practically every poster that isn't directly praising him. People have opinions, and people are allowed to not like your favorite person. This is a broadway chat board for petes sake, where everyone can share their opinions, so share that you disagree and you love Ben and move on.

In terms of his management having him play big houses that he can't sell out, I feel like that had to have been a Ben decision. I can just imagine it all stemming from him saying "I wanna play the Palace, I wanna play MSG, I wanna play Radio City" and nobody saying no. AGAIn, not a hater, not jealous, just opinionated :)

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#260YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 7:48pm

Robbie2 said: "Huss417 said: "Azúcar! said: "Equity lounge offering upto 4 comps per member for performances this week. Also .. no surprise .. it’s on tkts."

"

True, an actor friend of ours said Equity is giving out free tickets but we couldn't go this week.
"

Apparently Manhattan Plaza residents also have been offered tickets.

Strange Lupone
#261YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 8:19pm

They can’t even give ‘em away. It’s gonna be a looooooong three weeks!

Alexander Lamar
#262YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 8:30pm

Regardless of how you feel about Platt, I think we can all agree that the re-opening of the Palace was expected to be an EVENT and the lead up to this has been really lackluster. Womp womp. 

Azúcar!
#263YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 8:45pm

Pictures of the empty seats are popping up on insta .  Checkout naughty gossips account.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#264YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/28/24 at 9:29pm

Azúcar! said: "Pictures of the empty seats are popping up on insta . Checkout naughty gossips account."

YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#265YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/29/24 at 3:40am

Strange Lupone said: "They can’t even give ‘em away. It’s gonna be a looooooong three weeks!”

Some people got it and make it pay!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#266YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/29/24 at 6:29am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Azúcar! said: "Pictures of the empty seats are popping up on insta . Checkout naughty gossips account."

YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
"

Those aisle railings are high and now I can see why the aisle mezz seats are marked as obscured/partial view.

Azúcar!
#267YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/29/24 at 11:53am

Is the balcony just closed off?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#268YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/29/24 at 11:58am

Azúcar! said: "Is the balcony just closed off?"

Tickets are being sold in the balcony as well.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
CurtainsUpat8
#269YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/29/24 at 1:17pm

I am pretty sure i am pointing out the obvious here. I look at this event from a more historic viewpoint.
The Palace Theater. Playing the Palace as a solo has been reserved for entertainment titans. Liza, Judy, Shirley, Bette... etc. 
I saw Ben in DEH at 2nd Stage and thought it was one of the most perfect combinations of actor and role I had seen in a long time. He was excellent in that role. He deserved the Tony Award.  I did not see him in Parade. I wish I had. I would be he was great.

That being said.... Opening the PALACE Theatre in NYC..... THAT is a gig reserved for a Patti Lupone, a Bernadette Peters... or maybe both of them together. Or maybe others of that caliber. Audra.
Ben has one song that I would associate with him.. Waving Through a Window.  I am not the least bit interested in his own music.
How many times can they mention  the word "residency"....?   Geesh.... His father and he set themselves up for a huge failure.  What is it 18 nights?  Are they serious?
Again.. I am not saying anything new, but I get where all the "hate" is coming from. ( I don't like to use the word "hate".., I don't think it's that... it's just he's really obnoxious and Noah is running a very close second. I am a gay man but these two together are a bit much) lol sorry, not sorry.....

Updated On: 5/29/24 at 01:17 PM

DJD4
#270YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/29/24 at 2:01pm

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I am pretty sure i am pointing out the obvious here. I look at this event from a more historic viewpoint.
The Palace Theater. Playing the Palace as a solo has been reserved for entertainment titans. Liza, Judy, Shirley, Bette... etc.
I saw Ben in DEH at 2nd Stage and thought it was one of the most perfect combinations of actor and role I had seen in a long time. He was excellent in that role. He deserved the Tony Award. I did not see him in Parade. I wish I had. I would be he was great.

That being said.... Opening the PALACE Theatre in NYC..... THAT is a gig reserved for a Patti Lupone, a Bernadette Peters... or maybe both of them together. Or maybe others of that caliber.
Ben has one song that I would associate with him.. Waving Through a Window. I am not the least bit interested in his own music.
How many times can they mention the word "residency"....? Geesh.... His father and he set themselves up for a huge failure. What is it 18 nights? Are they serious?
Again.. I am not saying anything new, but I get where all the "hate" is coming from. ( I don't like to use the word "hate".., I don't think it's that... it's just he's really obnoxious and Noah is running a close second. I am a gay man but these two together is a bit much) lol sorry, not sorry.....
"

Thank You! I tried making this point a few pages back and nobody agreed with me. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#271YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/29/24 at 4:19pm

Luscious said: "Huss417 said: "Call it what you want but I was asked how many did I want and there is no charge. So I guess that's a reasonable price. Also if the new stage is anything like the old stage at the Palace front row folks will have a very sore neck."

I really don’t think that anyone who wants to be close enough to sit in the first row will care if they have to crane their neck a bit. I sat in the first row for Liza’s at The Palace and it was thrilling. As far as them giving you as many free tickets as you want… I think you’re as full of sh!t as they come. 💩
"

I guess by now you have seen the amount of posts about papering, comp tickets and such.

So just wanted to say I found your comment out of line. But then again the majority of your posts have come across rude to anyone who doesn't agree with your narrative.

MezzA101
#272YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
Posted: 5/29/24 at 4:52pm

Watch "Kacey Musgraves & Ben Platt: "Rainbow" LIVE at th…" on YouTube Kacey Musgraves & Ben Platt: "Rainbow" LIVE at th…:

https://youtu.be/ixOoOMqUp-w

Videos