pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 12

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

ChiTheaterFan
#275The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/15 at 9:26pm

Looking forward to a report from someone who sees Rannells!  As much as I love Groff's King, I wish I had tickets during his run. 

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#276The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/15 at 9:49pm

Someone posted his own instrumental of My Shot on Youtube. Its pretty good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVYcKz2njiY

mfaye9
#277The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/15 at 11:18pm

Did anyone see Rannells tonight? Curious to hear how he did.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#278The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/28/15 at 7:13am

I saw Andrew's first performance and he did fine. Pretty much the same deadpan expression like Groffy (almost copying his acting)  except the end of What comes next where he went a bit more comedic. I'm sure he'll add more his own take as he gets more comfortable later in his run. BTW LMM got super emo during It's  quite uptown compared to Javilton. Maybe he was overwhelmed because he had to miss the show all last week.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#279The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/28/15 at 3:55pm

I am wondering, is there any way to search on Ticketmaster for a range of dates, as there is on Telecharge? If there is, I haven't found it yet. Thanks for any help!

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#280The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/28/15 at 6:56pm

Anyone hear anything about a performance in the Macys Day Parade? I can't find anything. 

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#281The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/28/15 at 7:22pm

Oh, I'm so moved by "It's Quiet Uptown." It's still one of my 3 favorite numbers in the musical, and its simplicity in performance is quite stunning.  Was Miranda more emotional than usual? Or just in contrast to Munoz?. I do think Munoz underplays the scene, perhaps with more feeling kept under the lyrics than released. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#282The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/28/15 at 7:27pm

Glitter, I have not heard but I have said previously that I do not expect them to be there, for the same reason they haven't performed anywhere else. They will all be at home giving thanks for being in the best and most important show in any of the lifetimes.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#283The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/30/15 at 2:10pm

In the recent playbill, it says Leslie will attend an Art Festival at the house (I forgot the name where LMM wrote a part of the show) tomorrow (10/31) at noon. I assume he won't be at the matinee show unless he can get back to the theatre on time? Not sure if he'll miss the evening show too. 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#284The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/2/15 at 3:11pm

In the past few weeks, Hamilton has brought in several new casts members as swings; I'm assuming this is because of vacations and on-going injuries.  Kamille Upshaw and Gerald Avery were the announced vacation swings, but they've been joined by Brandon Hudson and Daniel J. Watts, who is playing currently playing the role of Samuel Seabury until Thayne Jasperson returns.

broadwayboy223
#285The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/11/15 at 4:56pm

I got seats for my trip in Feburary in the rear mezzanine. It was all that was left. I know it won't be the best view but will I still have a good experience? I love the cast album 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#286The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/11/15 at 5:01pm

broadwayboy223 said: "I got seats for my trip in Feburary in the rear mezzanine. It was all that was left. I know it won't be the best view but will I still have a good experience? I love the cast album 

"

I was in the rear mezz....three rows from the back.  Not too awful at all.  Made fans of my entire group.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

broadwayboy223
#287The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/11/15 at 6:04pm

Thanks for the response! I'm so excited can't believe I get to see it. 

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#288The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/12/15 at 7:53am

Leslie Odom Jr. to be on Seth Myers next monday

StephieElise
#289The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/14/15 at 7:17am

I just booked seats for September...before booking flights or accommodation or even actually working out our dates! My mum and I will be sitting on opposite sides of the theatre in the side seats in row A. I know it won't be the best view, but as the seats next to us are $300 more I figure they hopefully won't be too bad!

FindingNamo
#290The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/15/15 at 3:09pm

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Completists will need this.

http://broadwaycares.stores.yahoo.net/caforcu20vo15.html

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#291The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/15/15 at 3:49pm

StephieElise said: "I just booked seats for September...before booking flights or accommodation or even actually working out our dates! My mum and I will be sitting on opposite sides of the theatre in the side seats in row A. I know it won't be the best view, but as the seats next to us are $300 more I figure they hopefully won't be too bad!

"

They are great seats for the price. My friend sat there and didn't miss much yet could see the actions up close!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#292The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/17/15 at 12:46pm

Chris Jackson is about to be interviewed on NBC's NEW YORK LIVE now!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#293The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/17/15 at 2:15pm

Rear mezz is just fine.  If you are besotted, don't wait, get a seat. The fear of the rear mezz should only apply to barns  Certainly not the Rodgers.  I was center  3 rows from the back, and had a terrific view. Someday I will see it closer; I'm glad I didn't wait.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Lilly7
#294The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/17/15 at 10:15pm

Lin, Daveed, and Jonathan will be in GQ.

They're also feature in this video for the president. 

http://video.gq.com/watch/celebrities-give-president-obama-the-weirdest-gifts

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#295The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/21/15 at 9:47am

I listen to a lot of podcasts, especially on Slate and NPR.  Hamilton's been showing up on a lot of them.  Here are two recent good ones if you're interested.

A great discussion of Hamilton on Slate's Political Gabfest.  They obviously loved it, but David Plotz commented that the female characters are underwritten. (Validation!) Don't worry, they gush over most of it. 

Also, Daveed Diggs and Leslie Odom were interviewed on Slate's Culture Gabfest.

Updated On: 11/21/15 at 09:47 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#296The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:21am

In the Gigantic musical, one of the fat camp attendees is ashamed that he is the descendant of President Taft, the nation's fattest president. At one point, there is a Taft segment that is very reminiscent of the opening number of Hamilton, with the cast snapping while he talks about Taft. So, that was pretty quick to get into another show... The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#297The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/21/15 at 3:52pm

Forgive me if this has already been discussed - if so I'd be grateful if someone could point me to the thread! I've been wondering about Tony nominations for those playing dual roles - for example, would Daveed Diggs be nominated for Lafayette/Jefferson or just for one or the other? The more I listen to the album and remember the show (which I was lucky enough to see in August, on my birthday) the more I think he definitely deserves a nomination. 

(And just as a weird aside, I was doing a rewatch of "Smash" and was amused to see a) Lin-Manuel's little cameo which he finishes up by saying "I'm gonna tweet that!" and b) Phillipa Soo as one of the "Hit List" dancers. I think she got one line!)

Maggie-the-schnoodle

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#298The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/21/15 at 3:59pm

The award is for best performance by an actor in a show, not in a role. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#299The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/22/15 at 1:01pm

HogansHero said: "The award is for best performance by an actor in a show, not in a role."

Exactly. For a recent example, Jefferson Mays received a nomination for his performance as The D'Ysquith Family, not for one of those many roles he played. It's performance by an actor, not performance in a role. 

Videos