pixeltracker

K-POP On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread- Page 13

K-POP On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#300K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/14/22 at 10:28pm

Wick3 said: "Wait I’m confused. Today is Monday but they cancelled Wednesday matinee m? Is Tuesday eve performance still happening? I hope cast is ok."

I hope so because I was planning to go again tomorrow night.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Phillyguy
#301K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/14/22 at 10:36pm

JoeW4 said: "For anyone curious, I did a breakdown of how the show's book changed for Broadway (along with my thoughts on why most of their decisions didn't quite work).

See my post here

And I wasn't even able to get to all the changes they made! That's how much the show was overhauled!
"

That was a great summary!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#302K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 2:51am

ACL - Have you seen the show or do you just enjoy popping into this thread to make comments about when it’s closing will be announced? I haven’t kept up too much with this thread so I apologize if I missed the fact you’ve seen it and didn’t like it, but the constant comments about the pending closing (true or not) just seem incredibly tacky. We get it - the show isn’t doing well financially and you seem to enjoy harping on it. 

Back on topic - I have a ticket for Tuesday (tonight) and I’ll curious to see if the show goes up or not. I know someone involved in the show and there definitely is sickness and regular exhaustion from the preview period going through the cast. 

I’ve seen the show twice (three times tonight pending) and while it’s not perfect by any means it’s a lot of fun and the cast is so incredibly talented. It’s also great to see an almost entirely Asian cast in a show that isn’t harping on subject matter like Miss Saigon and The King and I. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I’m rooting for them and I so hope (regardless of what happens post opening) we get a cast recording because the score is fire.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 11/15/22 at 02:51 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#303K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 11:09am

I hope tonight's performance is not canceled (but if cast members are sick or not feeling well, then obviously they should rest.) I plan on seeing the show at least one more time once it's frozen.

On Instagram, they finally released a clip of LUNA singing her anthem "Phoenix"!!!!! 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ck_HLvfro6y/

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#304K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 1:07pm

Luna sounds incredible in this clip. I really hope we do get an album out of this. Everything they've released sounds great. (There's also an audio clip of "Hanguknom" they just posted.)

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#305K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 4:29pm

Wick3 said: "I hope tonight's performance is not canceled (but if cast members are sick or not feeling well, then obviously they should rest.) I plan on seeing the show at least one more time once it's frozen.

On Instagram, they finally released a clip of LUNA singing her anthem "Phoenix"!!!!!

"

Tonight's performance is now cancelled.

Oh look, a bibu!

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#306K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 4:43pm

I can't help but notice in that clip that Luna has TWO mics and STILL looks like she is lip syncing.  

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#307K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 4:45pm

They all wear body mics throughout and then sometimes use handheld mics. Also, this is likely b-roll, which is typically lip-synced and/or edited.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#308K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 7:32pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Wick3 said: "I hope tonight's performance is not canceled (but if cast members are sick or not feeling well, then obviously they should rest.) I plan on seeing the show at least one more time once it's frozen.

"

Tonight's performance is now cancelled.
"

What a mess. A shame it's COVID, but now that tomorrow is also cancelled makes it seem unlikely tomorrow night goes ahead.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#309K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 7:58pm

Phillyguy said: "JoeW4 said: "For anyone curious, I did a breakdown of how the show's book changed for Broadway (along with my thoughts on why most of their decisions didn't quite work).

See my post here

And I wasn't even able to get to all the changes they made! That's how much the show was overhauled!
"

"

You're just the coolest!!! Nice tiktok video.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#310K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 8:30pm

Well my tickets for tonight were cancelled, I'll have to go during Thanksgiving week. Assuming it actually has an opening night. To keep some criticism vague, it's really interesting to see some of the cast out and about, personal reasons and press, when they probably should've been isolating,..

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#311K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 8:31pm

Phillyguy said: "JoeW4 said: "For anyone curious, I did a breakdown of how the show's book changed for Broadway (along with my thoughts on why most of their decisions didn't quite work).

See my post here

"

"

BIG thanks for this one! It popped on the FYP earlier today and I found it fascinating and very informative.

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#312K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 9:38pm

I think Bryan the Business Analyst has been discussed on here, what's the thoughts on his declaration that this could possibly close ASAP after opening (like November 27th)? This is the video Incase anybody is confused. https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRQ62Eoh/

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#313K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 11:53am

dearalanaaaa said: "I think Bryan the Business Analyst has been discussed on here, what's the thoughts on his declaration that this could possibly close ASAP after opening (like November 27th)? This is the video Incase anybody is confused.https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRQ62Eoh/"

There is a lot of talk of this and it's VERY likely but I could also see them bleeding money to limp through the holidays so they can be seen by as many Tony nominators and voters as possible because there are elements of the show that are in VERY good shape for some nominations. Even as a mess as this is, I can see it easily securing nominations in Chorography, Lighting, and Score. In a lesser season of leading females, Luna would be in a good position for a nomination as well but it's a loaded season that I think it just too full for her to sneak in.

Thought yeah, it closing right after open is also very likely which, as a fan of this little show that I wish it could, breaks my heart. The marketing on this show is not reaching the people that this show is meant for and would love this show.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#314K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 2:19pm

Unless they end up getting rave reviews and a surge in ticket sales, it's closing November 27.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Doug Giffin Profile Photo
Doug Giffin
#315K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 2:23pm

ACL2006 said: "Unless they end up getting rave reviews and a surge in ticket sales, it's closing November 27."

In case anyone missed it the previous three times you've said this... 

Ensemble1665759202
#316K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 2:28pm

ACL2006 said: "Unless they end up getting rave reviews and a surge in ticket sales, it's closing November 27."

It's rare to see people death ride a show so hard but here we are. I highly doubt it closes November 27, and I look forward to hearing from you on November 28 where you admit you were wrong.

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#317K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 5:44pm

Doug Giffin said: "ACL2006 said: "Unless they end up getting rave reviews and a surge in ticket sales, it's closing November 27."

In case anyone missed it the previous three times you've said this...
"

Take a shot for every time they’ve posted this. Like girl. We get it.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

Ensemble1665759202
#318K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 10:36pm

For anyone else (like me) who has seen the show and is waiting for the cast recording, they dropped another clip on their instagram today of F8 - https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClCYy_ILT9W/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#319K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 11:34pm

I think that's the worst song from the show! Haha, but can't wait for the cast recording.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#320K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 12:08am

I haven't posted in a long time, but I just got back from tonight's performance and wanted to put my two cents in. I had tickets for last nights and last week and both shows were canceled. I decided to grab a rush ticket when tonight's was not canceled, just in case. 

Understudies:

Ruby - Marina Kondo (first time on)

Sonoma - Lina Rose Lee

Camera Operator - Timothy H. Lee

Today Tix Rush gave us B 104 - 106 which was absolutely amazing. 

Just a quick couple of things. The director came out and gave the same speech about swing and understudies and don't be upset if you see an actor on stage with a card reading from it or if they do not match up with the person on the screen. The audience seemed very pumped up, which was great. But it was empty on the sides and lots of single seats in the center open. 

I thought the technical portion of the show was incredible. It better get nominated. The lighting, set and sound is the best thing I have ever seen in the Circle in the Square. The entire cast is insanely talented and work their butts off for 2 hours. It was Marina's first first performance as Ruby and in the beginning I had no idea she was an understudy. I love that, but as soon as the backstage video footage started I figured it out. When there were long dramatic scenes she had large index cards to read from, no worries, we get it. I am happy she is there to help the show go on. The issue was I do not think there was rehearsal with the other cast members because the line readings were stepping on each other. Scenes between Ruby and MwE were honestly rough.  But the audience had her back. There were many tech issues, in act 2 right before the finale when the entire company enters after MwE  exits through the floor, the trap never closed and the show and music kept going. A few of the actors kept walking around the open floor trap, 2 stage managers ran on and stopped them and one screamed "STOP". The audience cheered and the cast exited. The reset the lights and music and started again in a few minutes, but that was a close call on safety issue. Also the black main platform stairs, actors were tripping coming down it on multiple occasions and catching each other. It was giving me anxiety. 

The cast received much deserved love from the audience. When Marina bowed she got extra love from the cast and audience and the audience loved MwE. 

I just don't know, after 2 cancelled performances, how this performances was not full? But I certainly was entertained. Amazing talent on that stage. I absolutely adored RTMIS! Those harmonies are crazy and they are hysterical. 

I do wish them the best. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#321K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 2:11am

how has this show not been on the usual papering sites?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#322K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 10:02am

Opening night has been delayed to the 27th.

Oh look, a bibu!

BCfitasafiddle
#323K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 10:08am

That's probably for the best. If so many are out with COVID they'll want the critics to come when they're back.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#324K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 10:59am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Opening night has been delayed to the 27th."

But haven’t you heard? It’s closing that night. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos