pixeltracker

TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches- Page 2

TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches

LxGstv
#25TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 2:23pm

hearthemsing22 said: "LxGstv said: "I really don’t care about who asks for bootlegs or whatever else, but in my experience actually attending shows, it’s usually the older crowd who: check their phones during the show, forgets to silence or turn them off and try to sneak pictures during the show or curtain call.

Just last week at Moulin Rouge an older woman actually argued back to an usher while she was filming More More More segment.
"

^^NO WAY. Seriously??? That's awful. What happened?
"

She pulled out her phone and started filming it, the usher waved the flashlight at her and told her to stop, she nodded but kept on filming... so the usher kept telling her to put it away, she argued back saying the show was already over... when she saw the usher wasn’t giving up she stopped filming... the second the usher stepped away she started to film again...

And this was a premium seat btw, center orchestra, 5 rows from the stage.

trpguyy
#26TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 2:26pm

Anyone wishing to video record the show will just have to use a camera, as has been done for decades.

MemorableUserName
#27TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 2:33pm

I admit, I'm one of those annoying folks who takes a photo of the Playbill before the show to post on FB/IG. A bit sad I won't be able to (presuming the phones will be sealed before Playbills are given out), but I get it.

Also worth noting from the job listing is the possibility of the show extending through July 19.

https://www.playbill.com/job/front-of-house-yondr-team/00000170-9cbf-d096-a5f4-febf460c0000

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#28TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 3:05pm

You can still find pictures of the original cast online. That's probably what they're worried about. Once it's on the internet it's there forever.

Pashacar
#29TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 3:35pm

MemorableUserName said: "I admit, I'm one of those annoying folks who takes a photo of the Playbill before the show to post on FB/IG. A bit sad I won't be able to (presuming the phones will be sealed before Playbills are given out), but I get it.

Also worth noting from the job listing is the possibility of the show extending through July 19.

https://www.playbill.com/job/front-of-house-yondr-team/00000170-9cbf-d096-a5f4-febf460c0000
"

At FLS, you could from the area behind the seats. The pouches were distributed when you entered the aisles.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#30TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 3:44pm

hearthemsing22 said: "HA this will be the reaction of every young person who goes to see the show. They can't go (insert time length of show) without using their phone, or "getting audio". Absolutely no respect. They're seeing an A-list cast! They should just be living in the moment without that."

I find this statement hilarious, considering it’s never a “young person” checking their phone during a show or having it loudly ring mid-show (good luck even finding someone you would define as “young” who leaves their phone on ring anyway). It is nearly always someone older.

Leave your unfounded ageism at the door.

brian1973
#31TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 4:04pm

All theatres should have these now. Ignorant people using their phones ruin it for everyone else.

BwayinVan
#32TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 4:31pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "HA this will be the reaction of every young person who goes to see the show. They can't go (insert time length of show) without using their phone, or "getting audio". Absolutely no respect. They're seeing an A-list cast! They should just be living in the moment without that."

I find this statement hilarious, considering it’s never a “young person” checkingtheir phone during a show or having it loudly ring mid-show (good luck even finding someone you would define as “young” who leaves their phone on ring anyway). It is nearly always someone older.

Leave your unfounded ageism at the door.
"

yup the worst experience I’ve ever had with phones was at a matinee of The Little Foxes. The same phone rang 4 times through the show and it’s owner, a woman probably in her late 60s at first didn’t even clue in it was her phone ringing and then had no idea how to make it stop, it was painful. In my experience any time a phone has rang when I’ve been in a theatre it has belonged to somebody north of 40. This makes sense given the nudity and I have no issue with it

Islander_fan
#33TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 4:33pm

The only reason as to why they are doing it for this show is that there’s a good deal of nudity in it. Hell, I’m willing to bet that if these were around for the recent revival of Equus they would be used there too.

Trust me, these will never become a “thing” at all Broadway
Theatres. The only reason why it’s being done here is because the the funding for this, the producers and the theatre landlords are all one in the same. Second Stage. But, none of the commercial companies such as Shubert or Nederlander would ever spend their own money on this. They want Broadway to
be a good event. And, as someone who works as house staff, many of the issues would fall on us. People upset that they have to use it etc. For example, a buddy of mine worked at a The Booth during Freestyle Love Supreme. I asked him
About how those pouches are working and the response he said was it was a cluster **** of a dumpster fire.

MemorableUserName
#34TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 4:35pm

Pashacar said: "MemorableUserName said: "I admit, I'm one of those annoying folks who takes a photo of the Playbill before the show to post on FB/IG. A bit sad I won't be able to (presuming the phones will be sealed before Playbills are given out), but I get it."

At FLS, you couldfrom the area behind the seats. The pouches were distributed when you entered the aisles.
"

Thanks! It's sad how happy that makes me, but here we are. Hopefully they do the same at the Hayes.

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#35TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 8:06pm

CATSNYrevival said: "You can still find pictures of the original cast online. That's probably what they're worried about. Once it's on the internet it's there forever."

In addition to the full video I have of the OBC.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#36TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 8:13pm

markypoo said: "In addition to the full video I have of the OBC."

Yes. I was hesitant to mention that...

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#37TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 8:21pm

MemorableUserName said: "Pashacar said: "MemorableUserName said: "I admit, I'm one of those annoying folks who takes a photo of the Playbill before the show to post on FB/IG. A bit sad I won't be able to (presuming the phones will be sealed before Playbills are given out), but I get it."

At FLS, you couldfrom the area behind the seats. The pouches were distributed when you entered the aisles.
"

Thanks! It's sad how happy that makes me, but here we are. Hopefully they do the same at the Hayes.
"

I’m happy they’re doing this. Yes, it’s inconvenient, but not more so than seeing/hearing phones during performances. I also like to take pics of my playbill from my seat, but another idea is to do so after the show with the playbill against the backdrop of the marquee. Could make a great photo. 

Updated On: 3/3/20 at 08:21 PM

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#38TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 8:28pm

I am so happy that this is happening and hope for the day the pouches are used in every theatre. Attended an Ellen Degeneres event at San Francisco's Davies Symphony Hall (capacity is 2700+ seats) and we were in and out in no time, as the ushers were at every exit to unlock the pouches.
And remember that you keep the pouch with you at all times.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#39TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 10:05pm

"I just saw that Second Stage will be requiring all attendees to put their phones and Apple watches into Yondr pouches.  Good for them!!  The size of the Helen Hayes makes the process of opening the pouches on the way out a bit easier -- but it would be great to see this start happening in all theatres!"

Just curious, can you get your phone at intermission to check up on your children for example?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#40TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 10:08pm

yankeefan7 said: ""I just saw that Second Stage will be requiring all attendees to put their phones and Apple watches into Yondr pouches. Good for them!! The size of the Helen Hayes makes the process of opening the pouches on the way out a bit easier -- but it would be great to see this start happening in all theatres!"

Just curious, can you get your phone at intermission to check up on your children for example?
"

I’d imagine you could do so in the lobby. But that’ll eat into your bathroom/merch line/refreshment line time. 

Evans2
#41TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 11:30pm

This is just stupid.

I went through this at Freestyle Love Supreme and while it wasn't as annoying as it could have been, there's really no reason for it. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#42TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 11:34pm

Evans2 said: "This is just stupid.

I went through this at Freestyle Love Supreme and while it wasn't as annoying as it could have been, there's really no reason for it.
"

Maybe if you were performing in the nude, you might feel differently. Maybe you have been in some rare audience where everyone turned their phones off before Act 1 and left them that way. I have not. But if this bothers you so much, you’re welcome to stay away from the show and play on your phone instead. 

Dollypop
#43TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/3/20 at 11:44pm

MemorableUserName said: "I admit, I'm one of those annoying folks who takes a photo of the Playbill before the show to post on FB/IG. A bit sad I won't be able to (presuming the phones will be sealed before Playbills are given out), but I get it.

"

Take a picture outside the theater in front of the marquee and holding the Playbill. Variety is the spice of life, you know!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#44TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 12:46am

I get it, but as someone who often goes to shows alone, the idea of sitting through intermission without my phone is a turn off, but I get it. 

I will say, leaving the Golden after Hangmen, and they didn't open the side exits, so everyone had to go out of the main entrance, and the amount of assholes I encountered  - i was in the front row so I waited awhile - and people complaining about just having to stand in line for a bit. It's annoying. People need to learn patience. 

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#45TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 2:38am

Dollypop said: "MemorableUserName said: "I admit, I'm one of those annoying folks who takes a photo of the Playbill before the show to post on FB/IG. A bit sad I won't be able to (presuming the phones will be sealed before Playbills are given out), but I get it.

"

Take a picture outside the theater in front of the marquee and holding the Playbill. Variety is the spice of life, you know!

"

yeah, but anybody can do that, all you have to do is buy a playbill and then stand in front of the theater and act like you saw the show. Lolz. I can see people on Instagram doing that for likes, bragging rights or to be with the popular crowd. Haha

Darreyl with an L!
Updated On: 3/4/20 at 02:38 AM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#46TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 2:47am

darreyl102 said: "Dollypop said: "MemorableUserName said: "I admit, I'm one of those annoying folks who takes a photo of the Playbill before the show to post on FB/IG. A bit sad I won't be able to (presuming the phones will be sealed before Playbills are given out), but I get it.

"

"

yeah, but anybody can do that, all you have to do is buy a playbill and then stand in front of the theater and act like you saw the show. Lolz. I can see people on Instagram doing that for likes, bragging rights or to be with the popular crowd. Haha
"

Buy a Playbill? kk millennial.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#47TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 5:11am

blaxx said: "darreyl102 said: "Dollypop said: "MemorableUserName said: "I admit, I'm one of those annoying folks who takes a photo of the Playbill before the show to post on FB/IG. A bit sad I won't be able to (presuming the phones will be sealed before Playbills are given out), but I get it.

"

"

"

Buy a Playbill? kk millennial.
"

You've never bought a playbill for show you never saw? I certainly have, I collect them. What age do you consider a millennial?

Darreyl with an L!
Updated On: 3/4/20 at 05:11 AM

ellbellthomps
#48TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 9:13am

It makes complete sense to me because of the nudity. There should be some sort of exceptions, though. My sister has her diabetes data logged into her phone and the only way she can fix it without interrupting the audience is to just grab her phone quick and check her blood sugar. 

Or, if you have small kids. Phones are used for more than entertainment.

hearthemsing22
#49TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 9:20am

ellbellthomps said: "It makes complete sense to me because of the nudity. There should be some sort of exceptions, though. My sister has her diabetes data logged into her phone and the only way she can fix it without interrupting the audience is to just grab her phone quick and check her blood sugar.

Or, if you have small kids. Phones are used for more than entertainment.
"

Is her phone the only way she can log that information? It might be the most convenient, on the go way, but there has to be other ways. There has to be other, less distracting ways to do that. 

Videos