#25LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:34pm

LOL!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#26LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:36pm

I'm actually quite excited about Amanda Seyfried...however, I wonder if she is going to be a brunette in the film; I know they were originally looking for someone who resembled Anne Hathaway.

Taylor Swift just puzzles me...not so much with the acting, as I feel there's some hope...just vocally how is she Eponine? I guess time will tell...

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

BWNUT
#27LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:37pm

C'mon, people. None of you were at the audition. Hooper must have seen something he liked. I refuse to render judgment now but will be the first to boo at the theater if she mangled the role.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#28LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

I'm sorry, but the notion that Taylor Swift "brings in a huge audience" is utter crap. We've seen time and time again that the music buying public does not translate to movie going public. How many massively huge pop stars star in films that bomb?

T. Swift didn't add any more money to Valentine's Days box office then she would to Les Miz.

#29LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

I am truly disappointed! CRAP

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#30LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:38pm

I don't get them even offering Taylor Swift a part in this film. I guess the sound engineers will be hard at work! What- no Justin Bieber or Rihanna? I love HBC- she'll be fantastic. I also love Anne Hathaway- girl can sing- so can Amanda! Absolutely love Hugh Jackman but can Russell Crowe sing? I think he looks the part. Anyway- this is one of my favorite stage shows so I know I will probably see the movie but still- Taylor Swift? Eponine? Geesh!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#31LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:40pm

Michelle Bachman would bring in a new audience to Les Miz, too. I hope she gets Mme. Thenardier.

I was really hoping for some talented no-names in those ingenue roles. A couple of "and introducing" cards.

But I guess with the big fat budget, Universal wants as many names as it can get as security. Don't they realize yet that an all-star crap-fest will keep them away in droves? It' doesn't matter if there's 13 names in your cast, if the movie sucks!

Not saying it will, but ...

This is REALLY going to test Tom Hooper's directorial skills. As far as Amanda being "operatically trained," I have yet to hear her sing anything other than a thin tone with a jack-rabbit vibrato. She has a confident voice and a high range, though. Doesn't mean it'll be pretty.

As for Taylor ...

This is REALLY going to test Tom Hooper's directorial skills.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#32LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:41pm

Disappointing. I was hoping for that Justin Bieber girl as Eponine.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#33LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:41pm

I happen to like Taylor . . . which is exactly why I don't want her to do this. I like for what she is, a cute kid who sings some catchy songs. But she'd be totally wrong for this role and just get a lot of people mad at her. It needs the kind of voice that she just doesn't have. I hope this isn't true.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#34LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:43pm

That part should have gone to Lourdes Leon.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#35LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:44pm

Justin Bieber is busy preparing for his leading role in the Joyce Bulifant Story. He is unavailable.

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#36LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:46pm

Actually, I'd rather Lindsay Lohan in the Les Mis movie. She has the acting chops and can carry a power ballad, especially if autotuned.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#37LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:46pm

I wasn't at Swift's audition and I don't need to be. I heard her sing on a country music awards show earlier last year when she managed to hit every single key in the musical spectrum including some that haven't been discovered yet. In one song.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#38LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:48pm

Lindsay Lohan is the right age for it, except she looks 50 now.

Jordan Catalano
#39LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:50pm

Was there no role available for Vanna White?

Jordan Catalano
#40LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:53pm

LES MISERABLES

Starring Taylor Swift, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Marilyn Manson, Cesar Milan, Lindsay Lohan, Sally Struthers, Joan Van Ark and Larry Hagman.

Coming This Christmas To A Redbox Kiosk Near You.

nasty_khakis
#41LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:55pm

Vanna has actually been offered the role of "Hair Hag" or "Locket Crone"(her choice). Since the role will require her to uglify herself with makeup and a false nose she is now the front-runner for next year's Oscar race!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#42LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 10:58pm

are the Thenardiers confirmed also?? I wouldn't say the cast is complete then. I like Seyfried, but really hoping Swift joining the cast is false.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ComingUpRoses2 Profile Photo
ComingUpRoses2
#43LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:13pm

Seyfried's terrific. She can act and was one of the few people (well, only people) in Mamma Mia who could carry a tune.

Taylor Swift, while not terrific, at least didn't make me cringe in Valentine's Day. In her fairness, she wasn't given anything to work with. I trust the director, though. He could possibly want the film to flop, right? Either that or one of the studio heads is putting a gun to his head.

bwaylvsong
#44LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:15pm

I like Seyfried, but feel bad for all the girls who went to the open call a few weeks ago.
I'm sure Swift will be fine with lots of autotune.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#45LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

"What? I.. I got the part? Me? Really? WOW! I just... Oh wow! Thank you, just.. omigosh, thank you!"

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#46LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

are the Thenardiers confirmed also?? I wouldn't say the cast is complete then.

There's a link at the beginning of this thread. Opening it and reading it might give you a few answers...

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#47LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:30pm

The audience will be more miserables than any of the characters in the film now.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#48LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:32pm

Everything has been ruined FOREVER.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#49LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:39pm

I did read the link, but considering where the course is coming from I'm still not 100% it's accurate. I would prefer a better source confirming Seyfried, Swift, Bonham Carter & Cohen. As of last week, both Bonham Carter & Cohen were still rumored, there's been nothing official confirming them.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos