pixeltracker

Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20- Page 2

Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20

watson123
#25Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 11:59am

Is there any chance of still watching? Did anyone screen record ?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#26Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 12:08pm

The YT link was still up this morning and working. I am hoping they leave it up for a couple weeks because I'd love some of my friends to watch it.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#27Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 12:10pm

It’s gone now.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#28Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 12:33pm

Check your PMs, Jordan.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#29Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 12:40pm

Ugh why would they take it down? I know many people interested in watching!

Pashacar
#30Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 1:01pm

Adding my voice to the chorus of praise. A wonderful piece done justice by a strong cast and excellent direction, even in this new format. What happened to this play commercially and at the Tony's is a real shame.

While I preferred the live version, this worked so well for the medium, and I'm so glad they produced it. I didn't feel that the depth of all of the performances came through quite as well as live, though as some have said, Barbara Barrie was surprisingly exceptional last night.

I hope, as some have said, that this becomes a movie. In the right hands (Ryan Murphy is a great idea...), it could be so exceptional – and will last longer than a one-time-only livestream.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#31Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 1:01pm

I watched the first half this morning then thought of finishing it up later today after work but it's gone now. :/ I thought they'd keep it up for at least 24 hours.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#32Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 1:07pm

HenryTDobson said: "Ugh why would they take it down? I know many people interested in watching!"

Because it was a one night only event, like November was last week, and Love Letters will be next week.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1122334

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#33Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 1:09pm

Watched the first act last night and thought it'd be up for 24 hours so I could watch this morning. 

Dang, I wish I could watch the second act.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#34Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 1:28pm

It was so, so, so good. I'm disappointed it looked like it only peaked at 1,500 viewers at one point - it was magic and such a blessing to have this week.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#35Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 1:39pm

CT2NYC said: "HenryTDobson said: "Ugh why would they take it down? I know many people interested in watching!"

Because it was a one night only event, likeNovemberwas last week, andLove Letterswill be next week.

"

Leaving the video up for at least 24 hours makes sense. It's a lot of work for one night only. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#36Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 2:09pm

HenryTDobson said: "CT2NYC said: "HenryTDobson said: "Ugh why would they take it down? I know many people interested in watching!"

Because it was a one night only event, likeNovemberwas last week, andLove Letterswill be next week.

"

Leaving the video up for at least 24 hours makes sense. It's a lot of work for one night only.
"

I believe it's a licensing issue, which is why a lot of the play readings are one-time events.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#37Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 2:24pm

I'm glad I was able to catch this last night. Such a simple play - a simple story - no major surprises - but so human and so well done.  I echo all the praise for Mendez and Barrie. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#38Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 3:06pm

There is something odd about the non-availability. Except for the presenter, the players involved in this are the same as for every other streaming show that has allowed to remain up for a short duration. I have a guess as to the difference, which is that this is a commercial venture and they want to sell future access. Just a hunch.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#39Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 4:54pm

I just tried the link again and... :) literally laughing right now as Gideon and Lindsay casually sing Celine. Lol

Updated On: 5/15/20 at 04:54 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#41Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 6:44pm

Well acted.

But really?  He's crushed because he couldn't find a boyfriend and he's the 3rd wheel in all of his girlfriends lives?  What year does this take place in?  Haven't these subjects been explored ad nauseam?  

Reminds me of the end of COMPANY.  OK...so now - get going and get a life, K?

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#42Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 8:12pm

Re Skip23, my read is that Jordan is also a manic depressive who's just lost his support system. But that's based on subtext and Glick's performance.

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#43Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/15/20 at 9:14pm

I saw this off Broadway. Did she cry onstage during that line about life being a book? I can't remember but last night it ripped my heart out. It was so timely and it just seemed to hit her as she was saying it last night.

I don’t remember the line reading being so emotional on Broadway. It definitely felt spontaneous.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#44Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/16/20 at 12:46am

The last half hour or so, from Laura’s bachelorette party on, makes feel human in a time when everything feels so strange and unreal. Barrie’s line about life being a long book and the present being a difficult chapter was what made me cry. So true.

Monday will be 10 weeks of living and teaching in quarantine and it’s getting hard. The played moved me deeply when I first saw it because it was relatable to me—I was very much the odd one out amongst my friend group and could sympathize with a Jordan. Situations change, but watching this made me feel alone again.

Glick gave a truly masterful performance that was a victim of time. If it could have even held out a month longer, we may have seen a different outcome. As we saw last season with Mockingbird and this year with Little Shop this year, Gideon Glick is proving himself to be a dynamic young actor. He just keeps getting better,

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#45Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/16/20 at 8:53am

I missed seeing this play on Broadway but for those who did see it, how did they do that pool scene with John Behlmann? The way they did it in the live reading was really good!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/16/20 at 10:56am

MrsSallyAdams said: "Re Skip23, my read is that Jordan is also a manic depressive who's just lost his support system. But that's based on subtext and Glick's performance."

That’s also how I read it- Jordan came off to me as someone who is clearly dealing with mental health issues, based on his behavior. But this is going off of my impressions after seeing it Off Bway and on Broadway, which was years ago.

And I guess that’s my issue with the play- it’s not clear if it’s a play about modern gay experience, or a play about a troubled character who happens to be gay. Frankly, I think Harmon tries to have it both ways and it ends up being successful at neither. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 5/16/20 at 10:56 AM

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#47Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/16/20 at 11:48am

Wick3 said: "I missed seeing this play on Broadway but for those who did see it, how did they do that pool scene with John Behlmann? The way they did it in the live reading was really good!"

I believe he was in a special on a platform, nothing fancy.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#48Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/16/20 at 11:52am

HeyMrMusic said: "Wick3 said: "I missed seeing this play on Broadway but for those who did see it, how did they do that pool scene with John Behlmann? The way they did it in the live reading was really good!"

I believe he was in a special on a platform, nothing fancy.
"

He was also wet and in a bathing suit, which, since it’s John Behlmann, was basically a special effect on its own.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#49Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20
Posted: 5/16/20 at 12:49pm

Behlmann certainly has that special “something”.

Videos