pixeltracker

Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th- Page 2

Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th

spicemonkey
#25Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/20/22 at 5:02pm

May not be helpful for your case, but sill wanna share in case someone else finds it useful:

last time when Skylar Astin was out because of COVID, I contact Telecharge to exchange my ticket. They asked me to purchase another ticket before they exchange my ticket. It's very weird as why couldn’t  they just do it intheir system? Anyway not a big problem as I was determined to see Astin.

For refund - i guess you should be able to do so, considering McClure is above the title.

Updated On: 7/21/22 at 05:02 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#26Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/20/22 at 5:10pm

Who's the Seymour understudy now?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#27Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/20/22 at 9:54pm

Out with Covid? Poor guy really can't catch a break.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

joshdog2014
#28Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/20/22 at 11:17pm

I was at the matinee today and super disappointed to miss Rob but Josh Daniel was perfect as Seymour! He embodied everything so well, no complaints other than him not being Rob McClure.

Also, Christian Borle went FOREVER during the “dying” part of It’s Just the Gas today seemingly to try to make Josh Daniel break, which I know he always does it long but it felt like twice as long as the other time I saw it. Josh was fighting so hard to hold in his laughter for a while until he finally broke and Borle pointed and laughed while still in character. I know he often tried to make the Seymour break during this scene and such but it was so much fun to see and I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed harder and the whole audience applauded when Josh finally broke.

Updated On: 7/20/22 at 11:17 PM

Square Peg2
#29Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/21/22 at 1:03pm

Alex M said: "Rob is out of the show with covid. Had tickets to see his opening night last week but was dealing with covid myself. Switched my tickets to tonight only to find out he was gonna be out. Sad but still hoping for a good show!"

The "I'm so sorry" in his social media post about getting covid broke my heart a little! It must be so upsetting to have to step out so soon into a run. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#30Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/22/22 at 3:49pm

There's seemingly a new Audrey coming in soon, has anyone heard of any rumors?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

hollebolle
#31Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/22/22 at 4:23pm

joshdog2014 said: "Also, Christian Borle went FOREVER during the “dying” part of It’s Just the Gas today seemingly to try to make Josh Daniel break, which I know he always does it long but it felt like twice as long as the other time I saw it. Josh was fighting so hard to hold in his laughter for a while until he finally broke and Borle pointed and laughed while still in character. I know he often tried to make the Seymour break during this scene and such but it was so much fun to see and I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed harder and the whole audience applauded when Josh finally broke."

TBH, I think it was a little much. I assumed he was trying to get Seymour to break, but Rob didn’t, so it felt like it went on and on with no ‘payoff.’

Broadwayfan1988
#32Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/22/22 at 9:14pm

Valentina3 said: "There's seemingly a new Audrey coming in soon, has anyone heard of any rumors?"

Can they please promote Chelsea turbin 

Hamilfan2
#33Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/22/22 at 11:20pm

Valentina3 said: "There's seemingly a new Audrey coming in soon, has anyone heard of any rumors?"

It’s Beanie Feldstein

Dollypop
#34Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/23/22 at 12:09am

Hamilfan2 said: "Valentina3 said: "There's seemingly a new Audrey coming in soon, has anyone heard of any rumors?"

It’s Beanie Feldstein
"

According to her agent:

"Ms Feldstein will be available for a limited amount of cancellations next season"

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 7/23/22 at 12:09 AM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#35Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/23/22 at 3:52pm

Anyone planning to go to the block party today 4-6pm to celebrate 40 years?

Very hot outside right now. :/

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#36Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/24/22 at 9:11am

I went at 5pm and it was AMAZING! So yes it was hot and I mainly stood in the shaded area. There was a DJ playing songs and from time to time cast sang a few songs. There were 3-4 ice cream trucks giving free ice cream!!!! Lines were long but it went by quickly. Longest line was for the van Leeuwen ice cream truck which took 10 mins.

sticky’s fried chicken was there too giving free food. The road was closed and it wasn’t that crowded. Overall a lot of fun though I did wish it was a tad bit cooler.

Hamilfan2
#37Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/24/22 at 11:49am

Wow, I cant believe I missed this.  Sounds like a ton of fun, I am surprised they didn't market it more.  I feel like the reason it wasn't crowded is because no one knew it was happening.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
willep
#39Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/24/22 at 4:41pm

Lolol amazing is an overstatement. It was fine. Free ice cream and chicken, a DJ and a raffle. Stopped by after seeing a show.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#40Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 11:08am

New Audrey is going to be Lena Hall! Also joining the cast is Andrew Call (replacing Borle). Looks like I'll be going back to the show this fall to hear Hall's Suddenly Seymour!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ElephantLoveMedley
#41Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 11:18am

LENA HALL!!!!! Absolutely brilliant casting!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#42Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 11:19am

This is such an upgrade over Tammy Blanchard! Lena Hall will be INCREDIBLE!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

pmensky
#43Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 11:26am

I feel like I like I predicted Lena Hall months ago  in another thread.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#44Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 11:53am

I think there’s a way for us to celebrate Hall without diminishing Blanchard’s run with the show. 

Updated On: 7/27/22 at 11:53 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#45Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 12:00pm

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I think there’s a way for celebrate Hall without diminishing Blanchard’s run with the show."

Sorry, but not sorry... Blanchard gave one of the strangest and worst performances I have ever seen in my life when I saw this. I am thrilled to finally have someone who will probably make a great Audrey. I found this production to be perfect in every way when I saw it with the exception of Blanchard's Audrey.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

PipingHotPiccolo
#46Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 5:59pm

Funny because I've thought Rebecca Naomi Jones would be perfect as Audrey, ironic it will be Lena Hall--who i can NOT imagine as a vulnerable ditz but who I am sure will knock it out the park (and might get me to return). 

Blanchard gave a near-brilliant performance that Lena Hall will definitely not replicate, and I look fwd to seeing what she comes up with. great news.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#47Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 6:58pm

Blanchard's performance is like cilantro. Some people loved it, some people hated it. I've been resisting a return to LSOH but I will do so now that she is leaving the cast.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#48Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 7:04pm

Blanchard’s performance is absolutely extremely divisive. I admired the swing for the fences, sort of unhinged conception of the character when I saw it when the production open pre-pandemic, but couldn’t embrace it. It’s too self-indulgent and divorced from the show as written and the production. And her vocals left much to be desired. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#49Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
Posted: 7/27/22 at 7:09pm

Why was my post deleted?

From what I can remember, it said:

"I think Tammy's Audrey was a wonderful and unexpected revelation, but I'm excited to see the great things that Lena Hall will also undoubtedly bring."

Am I missing something?

Videos