pixeltracker

2005 High School Musicals Across the USA- Page 2

2005 High School Musicals Across the USA

personB
#25re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:14pm

Joseph. The casting's weird as ever. We think the director's on crack.

me101 Profile Photo
me101
#26re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:17pm

>>Am I right in saying that Mrs.Medlock in the Secret Garden does not sing?

Yes, you are correct. Thats an awesome show, we did it last year. This year we're doing Finian's Rainbow and I'm in the ensemble

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. -Dorothy Parker

actor465
#27re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:18pm

Crazy For You, and I'm Bobby. It's very exciting!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#28re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:20pm

We're doing...oh wait, our school can't handle a musical...we're too cheap.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#29re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:33pm

Our school might be doing "Little Shop of Horrors," but we need approval from the national tour because it's going to be in our state during the time of our musical. We're praying we get the OK. Does anyone know how things might go? Is it more likely they'll say "no" than "yes?"

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#30re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:36pm

Quib- We were doing LSOH while it was on Broadway(and we are pretty close to NYC) and it was no problem.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#31re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:40pm

That's good to hear. When we called to get the rights, they said we had to get permission from the tour. It's going to be about 50 miles (an hour and a half drive, maybe) away two weeks after our final performance. So, here's hoping!

Elphie6689 Profile Photo
Elphie6689
#32re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:41pm

My school is doing "Funny Girl"! and I'm playing Fanny Brice, I'm so excited!

"And if I'm flying solo.. at least I'm flying free..."
Updated On: 1/14/05 at 10:41 PM

lizzie1326
#33re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:46pm

Our school is doing "Once on this Island", and I am Mama Euralie. Updated On: 1/15/05 at 10:46 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#34re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:59pm

my school is doing WICKED and I'm playing Elphie I'm so excited!

FabalaCohen
#35re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:08pm

My old hs is doing "Beauty and the Beast" (an acquitance of mine is playing Lumiere) and my sister's school is putting on Honk! Jr.

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#36re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:18pm

My high school did Beauty and the Beast. I played Lefou. I still have bruises. But was a great show.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

FabalaCohen
#37re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:20pm

I might go see my school's show during one of our "mini-breaks." For a small high school, it's extremely talented.

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

jarred03
#38re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:22pm

I go to community college but it's pretty much the same as high school, so we're doing Romeo and Juliet this spring instead of a musical, but we will be doing Guys and Dolls over the summer.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#39re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:27pm

Oklahoma!-I'm ali hakim :)

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

bwaymargie Profile Photo
bwaymargie
#40re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:31pm

Well our school is doing "H2$" This year...I am somewhat looking forward to it, except for my previous bitching which you can read about in the Patience thread.

I am pushing for "TMM" next year or senior year because next year our auditorium is FINALLY getting redone...because I would make a fabulous Millie IMHO....I'm the only girl who can really tap and belt a C without ruining her voice. (Okay, okay, excuse the ego.)

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#41re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:34pm

i know of a high school around that is doing fiddler on the roof.... hmm... we will see how that one goes... from what ive heard at last count they had like 5 guys trying out...

Love, Miss Britt

iheartmark
#42re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:36pm

My friends' high school is doing the sound of music and in the summer I'm doing Pippin and Jesus Christ Superstar.
..Someone said they're doing Man of La Mancha? yay! I was just in that recently, I was the housekeeper in one performance! It's an intense show but its fun to do. Break a leg.

"Kali, why is Roger on a cliff?" "Because the cliff is love, Rachel." "Oh."

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#43re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:45pm

Lil Abner

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

Luckydave14
#44re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:52pm

Into the Woods...I'm the understudy for Jack...I'm then only freshman to get a part in a long time so I'm excited :)

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#45re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 12:03am

Once Upon a Mattress. Blah dee blah.

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#46re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 12:09am

Hello Dolly
I'm Dolly re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA

OhSoWicked
#47re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:06am

I'm in college, but my high school is doing Oaklahoma...and my brother's high school is doing Guys & Dolls. I *think* my college might be doing Pippin.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#48re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:10am

At Michael Jackson High they're doing Naked Boys Singing! (sorry couldn't resist that one).

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#49re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:35am

my alma matter is doing "Beauty and the Beast" but I don't know how they are going to pull it off with such a small space!

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

Videos