EponineThenardier
#25re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 1:29pm

What makes you say that Bobby?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#26re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 1:31pm

I think the British spectacle is over. I'm not saying it's going to be good or bad, and I'm sure it will have it's share of fans, but I don't think it has a chance.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#27re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 1:48pm

I'd LOVE for Brian to take over n DRS.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#28re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 1:49pm

I think PIRATE QUEEN sounds exciting and Brian would be creating a new role, that's always a plus.
But i heard Brian is not doing it, so maybe he will do DRS.
I agree Staneck would be dynamite in this role, but although LESTAT's future is shaky I can't see him getting out of it yet. (too bad)

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#29re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 1:52pm

Wow, that's great that Norbert is going to tour with the show! I've never seen him live, but he sounds great on the OCR and the video clips of him on this site are hilarious. The whole show looks like a blast, I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes to Baltimore

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

dancersmom2 Profile Photo
dancersmom2
#30re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:17pm

I'm not sure where RentBoy's tour dates come from, but they are definitely different for the BWW list I linked. The only one I am certain of is Dallas. They are selling tickets for that one. I haven't researched any others. Sorry for the confusion.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:22pm

Got to see him last May in the show and his "Great Big Stuff" number and the "All About Ruprecht" number are just too funny! While not one of my all-time favorite musicals, I would see it again just for his performance.

Just give the world Love.

colleen_lee
#32re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:23pm

Whoa, I wasn't expecting Norbert to tour, at all. Didn't even cross my radar.

And this totally just made my day.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Ebonic_Singer
#33re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:27pm

I want to go back to see Norbert again, and if Brian does the show, a third trip is DEFINATELY in store for me.

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#34re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:45pm

YES!!! Im so excited to see him!

starletta8
#35re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:49pm

This is great news for all of the DRS and Norbert fans not near NYC.

I'm hoping to catch the show when it swings through my hometown, even though I'll have to drive 7 hours to see it. My family enjoyed DRS here, so I know they'll want to see it again.

This seemed to come completely out of left field, but that's great! I'm glad that the rest of the country is going to see this awesome performance.

xxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
#36re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:51pm

Wonderful and totally unexpected good news! And I was going to come to NY to see him one last time in June. BUT, what does this mean in regards to his TV deal?

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#37re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:53pm

Great news indeed if Butz takes DRS on the road - perhaps a return to the glory days when Bway stars took their acts to the "hinterlands" creating new fans all across the country ...

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Holly Therese Profile Photo
Holly Therese
#38re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 2:58pm

This makes me very happy, I hope they add dates for Detroit.

"You know, with the right volume, Patti LuPone can make a car bounce, too...." -Wonderwaiter

ProducersFan
#39re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 3:01pm

I am so going to take a weekend off and fly home to catch the show when it comes to Baltimore. No matter what it takes!

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#40re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 3:20pm

This is kinda funny cause a while back i started a thread asking if norbert would ever do the tour..and everyone (understandably) said no...so im THRILLED he's doing this. now watch me end up getting his understudy...

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#42re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 3:38pm

Ooooh, Brian D' Arcy James! I hope it's him!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

shesamarshmallow
#43re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 4:30pm

So the Pantages says DRS will be there August 15th - 27th
http://broadwayla.org/pantages/schedule.asp

It's not listed on the BWW schedule, but it fits. So where will it be 27th - Sept 19th?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#44re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 4:56pm

Wow. Just wow. He must really enjoy the role that much to be considering this. Personally, I feel its a fantastic idea, especially if he wants to get his name out in the country before his sitcom (if thats still in the works) comes to fruition. However, it is fair to say he is a broadway star. Isn't there an old saying that Broadway stars do not do tours?

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#45re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 5:32pm

im going to DRS in appleton during january... do you think he will still be there by then?? i HOPE so!!!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#46re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 5:35pm

Now if they announce dates in Chicago I'll be happy. re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#47re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 5:39pm

Is he still doing a sitcom? maybe it's so more people know his name and will watch it when it comes out...just a thought :)

broadwaybaby221
#48re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 5:40pm

I'm actually quite shocked in this news coming from the man who doesn't like doing a show for more than a year. It's wonderful for me though, considering I live in Pittsburgh.

~Sara~

kyguy78 Profile Photo
kyguy78
#49re: Butz to do DRS Tour; Inishmore Star Likely to Take Over
Posted: 5/2/06 at 5:44pm

I just hope he's in when the show comes to Louisville.

Videos