pixeltracker

Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise- Page 2

Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#25re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:21pm

(I was being sarcastic.)

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#26re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:22pm

Me too. re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise

A work of art is an invitation to love.

My2cents2 Profile Photo
My2cents2
#27re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:25pm

Felicia Finley is a wonderful performer and unknown by many - a Ballet trained dancer - who would wipe the floor with Charlotte. Why don't you ask Finley her thoughts of Ms D'Amboise's performance...

or for that matter the rest of the ACL cast...D'Amboise is awful. Point blank. This nom seems more like a "We just wanted to recognize your love to the community and how you're 'always there to fill in'". This nomination had nothing to do with delivery. Her Cassie is dreadful. Awful voice. Not a spark in her dancing. And you're darn right "she can fit in" with the ensemble, actually she fades behind them all. Everyone else shouldn't be able to out dance and out sing CASSIE! Heck, the swings could do the show better.

But all the ranting is pointless, someone clearly felt she deserved the nom. My question is: should those people really be ON the TONY nominating committee?!?

munkustrap178
#28re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:28pm

I happen to agree with everything you said, but what on EARTH does Felicia Finley have to do with anything?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#29re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:28pm

Muscle's signature is something she said about opinions; not only is it his signature, but he posted it in this thread to remind us all.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 5/15/07 at 01:28 PM

munkustrap178
#30re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:31pm

Oh, I see. I didn't connect the two.

My2cents2 Profile Photo
My2cents2
#31re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:31pm

Hahaha Munk, I was replying to a Felcia Finley quote that Muscle used.

Zeitoujo
#32re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 1:33pm

Cassie is a great role.
Charlotte Isn't Cassie.
Mara Davi and Natalie Cortez should have been nominated. not her.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#33re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 3:54pm

How in God's name did she get nominated? Honestly, no one in the cast deserved anything. It didn't even deserve revival. It's a return engagement with a pathetic cast!

Zeitoujo
#34re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 3:58pm

wow you must have no taste in theater. the current cast is just AMAZING! they all deserve a nomination.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

My2cents2 Profile Photo
My2cents2
#35re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:07pm

If you can honestly say that Charlotte D'Amboise deserved a nomination for a TONY (which is supposed to acknowledge excellence and mastery in the craft) for her "attempt" at CASSIE in A Chorus Line, then that makes me wonder about YOUR taste in theatre Zeitoujo...

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#36re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:07pm

I have great taste in theatre. I saw the original cast of A Chorus Line. They were spectacular. Had Bob Avian and company spent more time working with the actors instead of making sure they did everything the way it was 30 years ago so Michael Bennett's ghost doesn't cause a light to fall from the ceiling, perhaps they would have been better.

FosseForever3 Profile Photo
FosseForever3
#37re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:08pm

"wow you must have no taste in theater. the current cast is just AMAZING! they all deserve a nomination."

Yikes! I couldn't disagree with you more...but that's mee!! And I happen to have EXCELLENT taste in theatre re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise

This thread is a tad bit mean though. Even if she doesn't deserve a Tony nom, she got one. (sigh) So that's that.

"Now she wants to know WHY, if I'm so fabulous, I would WANT to take care of her child.....I answer with as much filigree and insouciance as I can muster, trying to slightly cock my head like Snow White listening to the animals. She, in turn, is aiming for more of a Diane-Sawyer-pose, looking for answers which will confirm that I am not there to steal her husband, jewelry, friends, or child. In that order." The Nanny Diaries

My2cents2 Profile Photo
My2cents2
#38re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:13pm

you're right Fosse -

thats what I said earlier - clearly ENOUGH TONY voters thought she was TONY worthy for whatever reason...

I just can't help but to think "Who decides who votes for the TONYs?" Because to see ACL and nominate D'Amboise leads me to doubt their credibility!

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#39re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:24pm

She is deserving and bravo to her! I, for one, am glad she was nominated. She has worked really hard and the committee is clearly recognizing that. Although I believe Ms. Wilson will take the award, good for Charlotte, for she DOES deserve the recognition!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#40re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:26pm

I think it's the role that got her the nomination. But Charlotte is so talented - and I'm tired of having her be Broadway's replacement bitch. She deserves this!

keely2 Profile Photo
keely2
#41re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:40pm

Nobody's bashing Charlotte. Well... ah... we're eagerly exhorting the fact that she was completely and utterly miscast. However, nobody's actually attacking her... I loved her in Carrie (my secret favorite show), for example...

Good Prattle, my very NYC-friendly interview website: http://www.goodprattle.com

mrs felciano
#42re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:42pm

I just saw the show Saturday. I was very impressed with her dancing but her vocals, not so much.

husk_charmer
#43re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:49pm

I have a feeling she got this as a sentimental reason, as she usually doesn't originate a role to be nominable.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#44re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:53pm

The current cast is so not amazing, and I am glad that nobody else got a nomination. There's not one of them who doesn't reek of "I'm acting". As for Charlotte, she's not too old for Cassie; Donna was the same age when she returned to ACL and was better than ever. Charlotte may not be the strongest Cassie out there, but in a cast of weaklings, she's one of the strongest.

RockabyeHamlet
#45re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 5:04pm

Regardless of D'Amboise nomination (I have not seen her performance, so I wont comment,)I do find it kind of sad that two revivals this year were basically the carbon copies of the original. If your not going to change it, and it's been only a few years since the original has been gone, then why bother?

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#46re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 5:10pm

Personally, Hamlet, as someone who has been a fan of A Chorus Line for years, but never had the chance to see it due to my age, I was thrilled to see it as it originally was and I'm glad my generation has a chance to experience this excellent piece of theatre.

As for Les Mis, well, you're right.

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#47re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 5:38pm

didnt see charlotte in ACL but i thought she was beyond class in Chicago and Ive heard only great things about her other performances- isnt it possible that this nom wasnt for CASSIE but was for CHARLOTTE in recognition of her body of work? Ala Angela Lansbury (abeit on a smaller scale...)

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#48re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 6:00pm

A Chorus Line is the best show on Broadway in my opinion.
The cast is superb. She wasn't miscast at all. She was perfection.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#49re: Congratul;ations Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 5/15/07 at 6:04pm

A Chorus Line is the best show on Broadway in my opinion.
The cast is superb. She wasn't miscast at all. She was perfection

Well, that opinion explains everything...best show on Broadway???

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 5/15/07 at 06:04 PM

Videos