INTO THE WOODS Reviews

inception Profile Photo
inception
#500INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/1/22 at 7:52am

Thanks for posting the clip, I don't keep track of what is on daytime TV.

Other than Patina Miller, it seems to have lost a lot of the star power it had in the summer so I'm not surprised sales are down. 

Most New York locals have probably seen it already & are now looking at all the new shows opening. 

I know for myself, when I am not on a vacation,  during my regular work week, I only go out to shows Saturdays.  Even a Friday night feels like too much effort.  Even stadium concerts mid-week I will pass on if it is someone I am only slightly interested in. 

Honestly not sure how most Broadway shows do it trying to fill a house 6 days a week.

Updated On: 11/1/22 at 07:52 AM

MadsonMelo
#501INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/1/22 at 3:44pm

The New York City Center Encores! production of James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim's revival of Into the Woods will now offer general rush tickets for every performance at $59 per ticket. As previously announced, Into the Woods has extended for the final time, by popular demand, through January 8, 2023.

The general rush policy offers a very limited number of tickets available - they will be first come, first served and can only be purchased in-person at the box office beginning at 10:00 AM ET the day of the performance. There is a two ticket limit per audience member. Tickets will be $59 each.

WanderFul
#502INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/1/22 at 4:10pm

I will be in the city the weekend of 11/11 and thinking I want to catch the 11/12 matinee. Can anyone recommend the best way to get good seats without having to pay full price? I see this is on TKTS alot, does anyone know if the seats have been good?

MadsonMelo
#503INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/1/22 at 4:19pm

I'm also torn about the best and cheapest way to get a ticket haha

BCfitasafiddle
#504INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/1/22 at 4:39pm

Smart to start rush tickets. 

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#505INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/7/22 at 12:55am

Anyone know how Brian D'Arcy James is doing in the show with Stephanie? And who is the new face that was going to come in?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#506INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/7/22 at 1:12am

MagicalMusical said: "Anyone know how Brian D'Arcy James is doing in the show with Stephanie?"

They're lovely together. Never saw Sebastian or BDJ before so can't compare, but they have nice chemistry and sound terrific.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#507INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/7/22 at 7:23pm

I’m going to be in NYC in January. One of biggest impetuses   for this trip was seeing ITW before it closes. I was planning on trying to see it Thursday night of my trip, but then remembered Patina Miller isn’t performing during the week (I believe) and Montego Glover is. 

I am admittedly a pretty big Patina Miller fan after seeing her in Pippin. I also know that the full cast has not been announced for the remainder of the run so things could change. 

But assuming things stay the way they are now, for those that have seen the production already, would you recommend seeing Patina or Montego? 

I thought Patina was electrifying in their performance on the view recently, but I know others on here have been less enthusiastic. 

Luckily I don’t have any tickets purchased for Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (last three days of my trip) yet so I can still juggle some things around. 

Also, I was hoping to be able to get discount tickets once they hopefully release a discount code for December and January. Otherwise, it’ll likely be TKTS. I was hoping for front orchestra but I’m wondering if it’s possible being too close. Ideal seating. I tend to like being close.

*I’m tall so stage height isn’t too obstructive for me, but it potentially would be for my seat mate. 

chrishuyen
#508INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/7/22 at 7:36pm

I personally preferred Patina Miller, but I didn't hate Montego Glover either.  I think Patina adds a bit more depth while Montego plays the role a bit more broadly, especially in the funnier scenes.

They do have rush tickets now, so that could also be an option for you.  Before they announced their official rush policy, my friend was able to get front row side orchestra tickets for $69 just by walking up to the box office a couple hours before the show.  The stage is fairly low so she had no problems with it (she's 5'3''INTO THE WOODS Reviews, though admittedly she'd seen the show before so she didn't mind being off to the side, but I don't think it ever gets too obstructed (unless you're on house left, where the narrator's stand could get in your way).

BCfitasafiddle
#509INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/7/22 at 8:23pm

You can likely get rush tickets as the day goes on. A close friend of mine went yesterday and got a rush ticket an hour before curtain. There are plenty of tickets to sell.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#510INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/8/22 at 5:07pm

inception wrote:

"Other than Patina Miller, it seems to have lost a lot of the star power it had in the summer so I'm not surprised sales are down."

Please don't go there again.

Stephanatic

MadsonMelo
#511INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/8/22 at 5:18pm

Where the rush tickets have been for the show?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#512INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/9/22 at 10:18pm

Just noticed that SeatGeek updated their info:

THE BAKER’S WIFE
Stephanie J. Block will be performing through the end of the run, with the exception of absences noted below.

THE BAKER
Brian d’Arcy James will be performing through January 1, 2023.

THE WITCH
Patina Miller will be performing at Friday-Sunday performances until December 18, 2022, with the exception of absences noted below.
Montego Glover will be performing Tuesday through Thursday through December 18, 2022.

CINDERELLA
Krysta Rodriguez will be performing through November 20, 2022, with the exception of absences noted below.
Denée Benton will be performing November 21 through December 24, 2022.

WOLF/CINDERELLA’S PRINCE
Gavin Creel will be performing through the end of the run, with the exception of absences noted below.

RAPUNZEL’S PRINCE
Andy Karl will be performing through November 23, 2022.
Joshua Henry will be performing November 25 through the end of the run, with the exception of absences noted below.

Little Red Riding Hood will be played by Katy Geraghty, Jack’s Mother will be played by Ann Harada, and The Steward will be played by Jim Stanek.

INTO THE WOODS also features Ta’Nika Gibson as Lucinda, Annie Golden as Cinderella’s Mother/Grandmother/Giant’s Wife, Albert Guerzon as Cinderella’s Father, Brooke Ishibashi as Florinda, Kennedy Kanagawa as Milky White, David Patrick Kelly as the Narrator/Mysterious Man, Nancy Opel as Cinderella’s Stepmother, Cole Thompson as Jack, and Alysia Velez as Rapunzel will continue with the production, with Delphi Borich, Felicia Curry, Jason Forbach, Alex Joseph Grayson, Cameron Johnson, Paul Kreppel, Mary Kate Moore, Diane Phelan, and Lucia Spina as understudies

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#513INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/9/22 at 10:22pm

So, the only announcements left are:

Closing Baker 1/3-1/8 (Presumably Sebastian)

Closing Witch 12/20-1/8 (Heather Headley, please)

Closing Cinderella 12/26-1/8 (?)

Updated On: 11/10/22 at 10:22 PM

WanderFul
#514INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 8:52am

Has anyone tried both rush and lottery, and can advise on best route to take? If the lottery is digital and I don't have to be in Times Square at 10 to get the rush seats, I'd prefer the digital lottery. Again, trying to snag the best seats possible this Saturday so just wondering if anyone has a strong opinion.

Or do I just head to TKTS booth?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#515INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 9:01am

I'm so excited to finally see this next weekend on my trip! I know Stephanie J.Block will be out, but I'm still so excited.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

chrishuyen
#516INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 11:11am

WanderFul said: "Has anyone tried both rush and lottery, and can advise on best route to take? If the lottery is digital and I don't have to be in Times Square at 10 to get the rush seats, I'd prefer the digital lottery. Again, trying to snag the best seats possible this Saturday so just wondering if anyone has a strong opinion.

Or do I just head to TKTS booth?
"

Not sure where the lottery seats have been lately but I had a friend get orchestra L a couple months ago, so I don't think they have specific seats set aside for lottery.  Since it occurs a day before, you could always enter lottery to see if you get it and then if not just rush day of/go to TKTS

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#517INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 5:46pm

TaffyDavenport said: "So, the only announcements left are:

Closing Baker 1/3-1/8 (Presumably Sebastian)

Closing Witch 12/20-1/8 (Heather Headley, please)

Closing Cinderella 12/26-1/8 (?)
"

As much as I would love for Headley to return, I think it far more likely that Montego Glover will take over full-time. And I wouldn't be surprised if Krysta Rodriguez is back to finish out the run. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#518INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 5:57pm

Sebastian is closing as the Baker. And The Witch is neither Montego, Patina or Heather. 

MemorableUserName
#519INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 5:58pm

ChairinMain said: As much as I would love for Headley to return, I think it far more likely that Montego Glover will take over full-time. And I wouldn't be surprised if Krysta Rodriguez is back to finish out the run."

Rodriguez is in The Collaboration, which opens 12/20. She's not coming back.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#520INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 6:42pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Sebastian is closing as the Baker. And The Witch is neither Montego, Patina or Heather."

I swear if it’s Bernadette*, my soul will catapult into nirvana 

* I realize this is very wishful thinking.  

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#521INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 6:45pm

It’s not anywhere near as exciting as that lol.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#522INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/10/22 at 7:10pm

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s not anywhere near as exciting as that lol."

*cry face* 

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#523INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/12/22 at 11:39am

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s not anywhere near as exciting as that lol."

Hint? Maybe? Scavenger hunt? Anagram? 

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#524INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 11/12/22 at 12:08pm

Not sure where the lottery seats have been lately but I had a friend get orchestra L a couple months ago, so I don't think they have specific seats set aside for lottery. Since it occurs a day before, you could always enter lottery to see if you get it and then if not just rush day of/go to TKTS"

I went last Monday (11/7) and the people in front of us and next to us all were lottery winners. Front Mezz Row B 1,3 and C 5, 7. Hope this helps. They were darn good seats. 

I went in with negative thoughts about Montego, but was pleasantly surprised. She had some moments of "blank face" and "why am I here I should be catching up on The Crown." But otherwise she had some great moments and sounded fantastic. Stephanie, Krysta and Katy were just absolutely at the top of their game. I absolutely loved this cast. 

But from what I am hearing lotto seats, for weekdays, have been very good. 

I hope this helps.

Videos