pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 24

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Petrichor
#575HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/26/16 at 4:15pm

Oh man, totally bummed out that I'll be missing Renee Goldsberry now! Was so looking forward to seeing her as Angelica not even two weeks later.

neonlightsxo
#576HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/6/16 at 1:23pm

Maybe just me, but I'm surprised we still don't have a replacement for Daveed at this point...Is Equity just looking the other way on this?

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#577HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 3:36am

Updated On: 9/7/16 at 03:36 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#578HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 7:18am

I'm sure they have some sort of agreement....likely the men are being paid as principals, but not given the role.   But I agree: this is a bit ridiculous not having a replacement yet.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#579HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 9:13am

Jmjazz said: "wish i were here2 said: "https://twitter.com/JevonMcFerrin/status/768507477700800512

He tweeted about it yesterday! Also, the website lists him as standby for Lafayette/Jefferson and Hamilton. :)

Probably only got the job because of who his father is. Connections.  I think Hamilton management is horrible BTW. Agree totally with the posters here who have stated the same."

That's quite insulting to the actor, who has to work very hard to be on a Broadway stage. If the work is bad, he wouldn't be up there.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

neonlightsxo
#580HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 9:15am

Paying the covers as principals is a given...

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#581HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 9:15am

Exactly, Valentina3. Moreover, jmjazz, Hamilton really isn't in the business of celebrity (or in this case, semi-celebrity) casting. Do you honestly think they cast a McFerrin because they need to rake in a couple more bucks in the box office? I have no doubt he is a talent.

I will say, however, that it is frustrating that we still don't have an official Laf/Jef. Just cast the damn role already!

Notadiva2
#582HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 11:39am

They must be waiting for someone's hair to grow out like Daveed's.

neonlightsxo
#583HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 11:40am

I assume that's a joke, but Andrew Chappelle's hair is pretty much like that.

Notadiva2
#584HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 11:44am

Yes. Humor. 

neonlightsxo
#585HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 12:52pm

I mean, I wouldn't call that humor, but OK.

AlanR2 Profile Photo
AlanR2
#586HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 12:54pm

It is interesting that when BVD was interviewed, he mentioned that he turned down the offer to play Burr three times before he finally accepted.  There was much discussion on this board about poor management and the lack of adequate replacement, when in fact, they had a very strong candidate targeted and went after him repeatedly.  Having seen it a few weeks ago I am so glad they did and I believe strengthened the show.  I am thinking they might have similar Lafayette/Jefferson irons in the fire which is why the permanent replacement is still vacant.  Time will tell.

neonlightsxo
#587HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 1:17pm

Poor management has absolutely nothing to do with BVD turning the role down. He didn't want to be a replacement, and then he found himself out of a job, so he changed his mind.

I don't see the correlation with management and BVD at all, actually.

Updated On: 9/7/16 at 01:17 PM

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#588HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 1:45pm

What's odd to me is that they have cast a Lafyette/Jefferson for Chicago, so if they really can't seem to locate anyone else to play the role full time, shouldn't they just bring him to new york?

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

MyLife
#589HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 4:28pm

neonlightsxo said: "Poor management has absolutely nothing to do with BVD turning the role down. He didn't want to be a replacement, and then he found himself out of a job, so he changed his mind.

I don't see the correlation with management and BVD at all, actually.

I think AlanR2 brought that up to support that it there isn't poor management. Alan was saying that management knows exactly what they want and they are persistent in going after it. He is wondering if the same is being followed for Daveed's replacement.

"

neonlightsxo
#590HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 4:33pm

I understood what he said. He's not correct in correlating the two. Management and casting are not the same.

smidge
#591HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 8:45pm

Does anyone know how many of the original cast from the Public are still with the show (including ensemble)

Mediamaven2
#592HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 8:46pm

AlanR2 said: "It is interesting that when BVD was interviewed, he mentioned that he turned down the offer to play Burr three times before he finally accepted.  There was much discussion on this board about poor management and the lack of adequate replacement, when in fact, they had a very strong candidate targeted and went after him repeatedly.  Having seen it a few weeks ago I am so glad they did and I believe strengthened the show.  I am thinking they might have similar Lafayette/Jefferson irons in the fire which is why the permanent replacement is still vacant.  Time will tell.

That's interesting that he turned the role down 3x before saying yes. Would like to see / read the intv. Do you have a link you can post?

It does seem ridiculous that Daveed hasn't been replaced officially yet. I don't get why they don't NAME the person? I don't know anything about equity rules etc it 's all very inside baseball to me, reading this. But I am bummed that the gift I am giving friends of tickets purchased many many months ago for end of September show has not only almost every originating cast member gone but not even their REPLACEMENTS ? just covers/standbys/understudies?  

"

Notadiva2
#593HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 10:02pm

Mediamaven2 said:
It does seem ridiculous that Daveed hasn't been replaced officially yet. I don't get why they don't NAME the person? I don't know anything about equity rules etc it 's all very inside baseball to me, reading this. But I am bummed that the gift I am giving friends of tickets purchased many many months ago for end of September show has not only almost every originating cast member gone but not even their REPLACEMENTS ? just covers/standbys/understudies?  

I understand your disappointment, but your friends will (I hope) enjoy the show regardless! The last time I saw the show, Seth Stewart was on as Lafayette/Jefferson. I thought he did an excellent job and I saw Daveed in the role in March. My aunt saw Andrew in the role when Daveed was on vacation in February and she truly enjoyed him. I haven't seen Chris Jackson as Washington. Even my husband, an admitted OBC snob, did not enjoy the show less for having missed almost everyone by the time we saw it together in August. These actors have been covering these roles for months and they're professionals. 

Updated On: 9/7/16 at 10:02 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#594HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 10:12pm

To be fair, Mediamaven2, when you're buying tickets to a show several months in advance, when most of the original cast already did a previous run, it shouldn't be that surprising that you're going to see some mystery people. And if they had even had full-time replacements they may have been out anyway. Yay live theatre!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

NZBOY2
#595HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 10:17pm

I was bummed not seeing my favorite Glee actor . But Rory did not disappoint 

aaaaaa15
#596HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/7/16 at 10:52pm

I agree that it's annoying that they haven't announced a full-time replacement yet but I don't feel any sympathy for anyone seeing the show. Expecting to see the OBC after almost two years is ridiculous, how often does the full cast stay for that long? Plus you have two time Tony-nominee Brandon Victor Dixon and acclaimed Broadway pro Mandy Gonzalez as these measly 'replacements'. I dare say if before Hamilton people had been asked to choose between those two and Leslie/Renee, most would have chosen the former. As for getting understudies not replacements, I've seen more praise for Andrew and Seth than I have for someone like Lexi who is a replacement as well as people saying that Andrew/Seth would do well in the role full time.

Updated On: 9/7/16 at 10:52 PM

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#597HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/8/16 at 3:05am

Having seen the OBC and both Seth and Chappelle, I think Chapelle is a fine choice for Lafayette/Jefferson or to go on for Oak as Hercules/Madison, if need be - but Seth is not a good Lafayette or Jefferson and really isn't suitable for anything else.   They also desperately need some new John Laurens covers - Chappette is physically to big to play Phillip and he got inappropriate laughter over it which interrupted the story several times - and, while I hate to be negative about someone's performance, Thayne looks the part and has the small stature to pull off Phillip - but does not sing or act well enough to play Laurens in my opinion.

I LOVED Dixon as Burr - and Lexi's Eliza was a bright spot!

neonlightsxo
#598HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/8/16 at 8:30am

" I don't get why they don't NAME the person? "

Because they haven't cast anyone yet.

MyLife
#599HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/8/16 at 8:50am

nicnyc said: "Having seen the OBC and both Seth and Chappelle, I think Chapelle is a fine choice for Lafayette/Jefferson or to go on for Oak as Hercules/Madison, if need be - but Seth is not a good Lafayette or Jefferson and really isn't suitable for anything else.   They also desperately need some new John Laurens covers - Chappette is physically to big to play Phillip and he got inappropriate laughter over it which interrupted the story several times - and, while I hate to be negative about someone's performance, Thayne looks the part and has the small stature to pull off Phillip - but does not sing or act well enough to play Laurens in my opinion.

I LOVED Dixon as Burr - and Lexi's Eliza was a bright spot!
"

The beauty of live theater and opinions. It's funny how we differ on just about everything you wrote. 

Videos