pixeltracker

Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album- Page 3

Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#50Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 1:23pm

Finally listened to the whole CD- it's phenomenal. I know the score has come under some criticism, but I think it's a ton of fun and really great to listen to. And naturally, the lyrics are all pretty brilliant. I have to say, it's really a testament to the recording when I honestly don't know if I could pick a favorite song.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#51Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:44pm

I think by now im on my 12th listen to "Joseph Smith American Moses" and i cannot stop laughing! Easily my favorite moment in this show.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

bwayfan7000
#52Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 2:58pm

This is going to be the most-played CD on my iPod for a while. I'm glad I ended up not having to wait a month for this!

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#53Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 3:01pm

Awww, I love this. The music isn't particularly original, but the nod to Wicked in You and Me (But Mostly Me) is hilarious. I was half asleep when I saw the show (jet lag) and I totally missed this song.

I still don't get why people like Turn It Off though.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#56Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 6:37pm

"I can't believe Jesus called me a dick!"

WINNING!

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Mattbrain
#58Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 6:54pm

Is the reprise of Hasa Diga Eebowai still in the show and they decided not to record it or did they cut it?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Bellichka Profile Photo
Bellichka
#59Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 7:05pm

Yes! It's SO good!

"50 Cent is fabulous!" - 50 Cent.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#60Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 8:24pm

I'm just disappointed Rema Webb's "Circle of Life" isn't on the recording.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

CromTO
#58Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 8:45pm

I've been listening to a couple of songs (because I'm going to see it and don't want to ruin the whole thing for myself) ever since 1am this morning, and CANNOT stop. I'm so glad that I pre-ordered this! I agree with IdinaBellFoster, when Nikki M. James reprises
the 'Sal Tlay Ka Siti' melody in 'Man Up' I just get so pumped. I've been singing that, 'Hasa Diga Eebowa' and 'Hello' all day long. The songs just get better and better.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#59Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 8:48pm

"Is the reprise of Hasa Diga Eebowai still in the show and they decided not to record it or did they cut it?"

It's still in the show. They just didn't record it- or any of the few other little reprises of songs in the show.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Mattbrain
#60Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 9:10pm

Thank you!

Also, who's the character who sings, "I slaughtered the Chinese" in Spooky Mormon Hell Dream?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Updated On: 5/9/11 at 09:10 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#61Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 9:16pm

Genghis Khan.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#62Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 10:41pm

Which actors play which ensemble Elders? I can't tell from the voices during Hello. And who sings the "Hell-OHHHH!" near the end? So excited to see this soon.
Updated On: 5/9/11 at 10:41 PM

Astrid2 Profile Photo
Astrid2
#63Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 11:19pm

Edited because I totally misread the above question. Updated On: 5/9/11 at 11:19 PM

GIZMO2 Profile Photo
GIZMO2
#64Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 11:26pm

This is a freakin Christmas miracle.

EVERY. F*CKING. SONG.

I haven't listened to a musical score as good as this since . . . and I'm not kidding here . . . Les Mis?

How can anyone, on any level, not want to listen this over and over and over again?

April Saul
#65Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/9/11 at 11:32pm

Funny, because I love BOM and have seen it twice, but I didn't fully appreciate the score until just now, hearing it all again! Wonderful...can't wait to play it in my car and sing along, especially on an otherwise bad day!

ace33
#66Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 12:10am

Besides Price and Cunningham (and McKinley), the names of the ensemble elders aren't meant to be characters throughout the show.

But here is what i remember:
Elder Price - Andrew Rannels
Elder Cunningham - Josh Gad
Elder Green/McKinley - Rory O'malley
Elder Grant
Elder Young
Elder Weis
Elder Smith

Benjamin Schrader or Brian Sears sings the big HELLO! (they look alike so i dont remember who! :))
Updated On: 5/10/11 at 12:10 AM

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#67Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 12:28am

Aside from the language in Hasa Diga Eebowai, Joseph Smith American Moses, and (to a lesser extent) Making Things Up Again, I'm surprised by how tame the lyrics actually are. And I say that as a Mormon who went on a mission myself (just like Will Swenson!). The parts that made me blush had nothing to do with anti-religious statementsl they were the parts with the shocking language. You know the parts I mean.

Having not seen the show, I did note some inconsistencies which I'm sure are there for dramatic effect. For example, LDS missionaries receive the locations of their missions months before attending the Missionary Training Center; pairs of missionaries are referred to as companions, not brothers; they rotate to new companions every few months rather than serving together for the full two years.

But aside from that nit-picking, I'm really impressed with the quality of the score. The music is fantastic. I can't believe so many critics dismissed it as a bit of a weak link in the show. I can't help but wonder if that's just because the book is so funny - not unlike the dismissals of Sondheim's score for Forum. I've only listened through it once, but the melodies are definitely staying with me.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#68Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 12:30am

They're called mission companions in the show.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#69Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 12:34am

Thanks for clarifying. On the cast album I heard the - was it the mission president? - say "your missionary brother." Other than that, though, they really dug deep and nailed some beliefs a lot of Mormons don't even know they "believe."

Brywal88 Profile Photo
Brywal88
#70Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 2:22am

Is anyone else obsessed with "I Believe"?

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#71Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 2:49am

I wanted to not like it (because of Wonderland...whoops), but this is too good!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#72Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 3:05am

Me, Byywal88 me! I want the sheet music now!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

mpd4165
#73Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 9:15am

Byywal88 - YES!!! Not only do I love the music, but the fact Jackson County, Missouri is mentioned will have me cheering in the theatre on Saturday (Kansas Citian ya know).

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#74Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 9:37am

I'm still cracking up over You and Me (But Mostly Me)

... aka The Wizard and I (But Mostly I)

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Videos