pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 31

The Official TDF Thread

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#750The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/5/17 at 12:44pm

Interesting, Broadway plays have been priced at $41/ticket on TDF but M..Butterfly is $45/ticket.

Emkyga12
#751The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/5/17 at 12:54pm

Some are $47, depends on the show.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#752The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/5/17 at 1:48pm

I paid $47 each for 2 superb center orchestra seats to a Wed. matinee of "Groundhog Day." 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#753The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/5/17 at 1:55pm

$47 has been the going rate for Broadway musicals for at least 3 years, with $41 the going rate for Broadway plays. Perhaps they are raising the prices again, but some Broadway plays (like Time and the Conways) are still listed as $41. Either way, it's still a good $100 lower than a full-priced ticket, so I'm not complaining.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#754The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/5/17 at 2:01pm

EthelMae said: "Interesting, Broadway plays have been priced at $41/ticket on TDF but M..Butterfly is $45/ticket."

Gotta pay that Julie Taymor premium, henny

EDIT: It's showing up on mine as $41.00, but I bet it's $45.00 after the $4 fee. 

Updated On: 10/5/17 at 02:01 PM

nasty_khakis
#755The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/5/17 at 2:06pm

I just got this email from TDF-

Dear TDF Member,

We have made an error and posted the incorrect price and category for this
play which is not a musical. We originally had $45.00 per ticket.  The
correct price is $41.00 per ticket plus the $4.00 handling charge per
order.  Your credit card will reflect the correct price of $41.00 per
ticket.

10086sunset
#756The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/10/17 at 7:44pm

Spongebob Squarepants is up for three performances in the first week of previews.

10086sunset
#757The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/11/17 at 2:49pm

M. Butterfly is now up

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#758The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/11/17 at 4:44pm

More SpongeBob performances were just added including Friday and into the 2nd week of previews. 

sppunk
#759The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/11/17 at 6:31pm

Got War Paint tickets. Anyone know where they typically are? I don’t care much, just curious. My first actual TDF purchase.

ahhrealmonsters
#760The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/11/17 at 11:00pm

My War Paint tickets were mid/rear side orchestra.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#761The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/12/17 at 11:24am

Grabbed a Spongebob ticket out of sheer curiosity. I'll report back on seating after I go.

Alfie6
#762The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:43pm

Latin History is up, only for tomorrow night (10/19)  but I'm sure it will be back with more dates eventually. 

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#763The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/19/17 at 8:12pm

Anastasia is up for the first time! ?? 10/31 performance 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#764The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/19/17 at 8:23pm

Famebroadway2 said: "Anastasia is up for the first time! ?? 10/31 performance"

Anastasia has been up a few times before. This is not the first time.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

brdwybuff
#765The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/21/17 at 8:15pm

Hello Dolly is up for the nights that Donna Murphy is filling in for Bette. I just got $47 tickets for Friday, Nov 3rd. I feel like this is the best dealing going right now.

Age_of_Mendacity
#766The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 12:41pm

Any idea when Once on This Island might appear? Starts previews in a couple weeks, and am surprised it hasn't popped up yet.

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#767The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:05pm

I believe Once On This Island will not offer any discounted tickets on any platform.

"In memory, everything happens to music"

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#768The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:16pm

BakerWilliams said: "I believeOnce On This Islandwill not offer any discounted tickets on any platform."

Is this just conjecture, or did I miss something?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#769The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:25pm

Also curious where you got this info from.

Once On This Island is Ken Davenport, who is pretty picky about discount tickets... but I do recall tickets to Godspell, Groundhog Day, The Visit, Kinky Boots (maybe?), and Play That Goes Wrong have all been on TDF.

Age_of_Mendacity
#770The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:39pm

Yep, Play That Goes Wrong is up there now, and I got tix to Groundhog a week or two before it closed.

BroadwayBeebe
#771The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 2:59pm

BakerWilliams said: "I believeOnce On This Islandwill not offer any discounted tickets on any platform."

I believe Davenport is billing this production as Broadway's first ever best price guarantee. I believe I saw that the best prices available will always be directly on the show's website or telecharge. I also have been curious to see if this translates to it not being on TDF. 

pnewelljr
#772The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 3:02pm

BroadwayBeebe said: "BakerWilliams said: "I believeOnce On This Islandwill not offer any discounted tickets on any platform."

I believe Davenport is billing this production as Broadway's first ever best price guarantee. I believe I saw that the best prices available will always be directly on the show's website or telecharge. I also have been curious to see if this translates to it not being on TDF.
"

I was wondering the same thing. According to the site it doesn't apply to TDF:
The show will only be responsible for matching prices offered on approved sales ticketing partners, including but not limited to BroadwayBox, Theatermania, Playbill, and Goldstar. A select number of charitable organizations are excluded from price matching, including but not limited to the Theatre Development Fund.

Alfie6
#773The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 4:42pm

Once on this Island has tickets for $59.50 which isn't too far from what TDF would charge for a musical- it is not that massive of a theater where the seat location would honestly matter in my experience. 

Age_of_Mendacity
#774The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/23/17 at 5:16pm

But there are already discount codes ...

Videos