pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 33

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#800Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 2:19pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Why write new music when you already have great songs right there just waiting to be heard?"

Because those songs can't win him an Oscar... :-/

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#801Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 2:23pm

it looks like they kept all the songs from the movie and added 3 new ones.  I guess they didn't add the songs from the Broadway production. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.
Updated On: 5/23/16 at 02:23 PM

DigificWriter
#802Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 2:55pm

About the teaser: I'm one of those people who doesn't really like teaser trailers, but for something as well-established as Beauty and the Beast, I will make an exception. They gave us just enough to whet our appetites and give us a sense of what to expect while still allowing for some major surprises to come our way in the coming months.

About the song list: Director Bill Condon initially said that he wanted to include all of the Broadway songs in the film, but obviously something happened between him saying that and the film going into production that changed things (maybe the script as delivered didn't allow for them, maybe they tried to use them and couldn't make them work, who knows?). As much as I love the Broadway songs and the way that they alter the story, however, I'm fine with this being based more on the 1991 film with a few brand-new songs added where appropriate because it further expands the property and allows the filmmakers to create something that is both familiar and yet simultaneously different, which is exactly what was done when the story was adapted for Broadway.

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#803Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 3:03pm

DigificWriter said: "About the teaser: I'm one of those people who doesn't really like teaser trailers, but for something as well-established as Beauty and the Beast, I will make an exception. They gave us just enough to whet our appetites and give us a sense of what to expect while still allowing for some major surprises to come our way in the coming months.

About the song list: Director Bill Condon initially said that he wanted to include all of the Broadway songs in the film, but obviously something happened between him saying that and the film going into production that changed things (maybe the script as delivered didn't allow for them, maybe they tried to use them and couldn't make them work, who knows?). As much as I love the Broadway songs and the way that they alter the story, however, I'm fine with this being based more on the 1991 film with a few brand-new songs added where appropriate because it further expands the property and allows the filmmakers to create something that is both familiar and yet simultaneously different, which is exactly what was done when the story was adapted for Broadway.

"

I would agree but I can't imagine it without "Home".  Hopefully they fit it back in.   

Not to be confused with Dave19.

DigificWriter
#804Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 3:06pm

Dave13 said: "DigificWriter said: "About the teaser: I'm one of those people who doesn't really like teaser trailers, but for something as well-established as Beauty and the Beast, I will make an exception. They gave us just enough to whet our appetites and give us a sense of what to expect while still allowing for some major surprises to come our way in the coming months.

"

I would agree but I can't imagine it without "Home".  Hopefully they fit it back in.   

"

The story worked just fine before the Broadway material was ever conceived, so not having it isn't going to do anything other than give us fans 3 versions to chew on (the original animated film, the Broadway adaptation, and this new live-action film).

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#805Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 3:17pm

I am usually staunchly opposed to these rehashes (like Cinderella BLAH) but i actually really enjoyed this. The theme from the original movie sounded great and the castle looked amazing.

I may actually go see this!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#806Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 3:38pm

Dave13 said: "it looks like they kept all the songs from the movie and added 3 new ones.  I guess they didn't add the songs from the Broadway production. "

We've known they weren't using the Broadsay songs for like a year now. it is a bummer, I agree. Home is the big loss for me, but even things like No Matter What, A Change in Me and If I Can't Love Her I'm sad won't be in the film. And about him wanting to win more Oscars and that's the reason they cut them...he already has like 8 Oscars, how many more does he need? And was it Glenn Slater that wrote the new lyrics? Because in the past his lyrics haven't been very well received when juxtaposed with Howard Ashman's.

All in all I thought this was perfect for what it was supposed to do: tease us into wanting more. At least it worked for me that way.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#807Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 3:45pm

Tim Rice is credited with lyrics for the new songs in the film according to the new press release attached with today's teaser trailer.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#808Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 3:45pm

I rather liked the trailer. The music is just the right amount of haunting but familiar. Something that I noticed while watching the trailer on the computer compared to on the TV was how they aged the castle (putting the crack on the floor, having the spiderwebs creep up on the landing, etc.). 

skies Profile Photo
skies
#809Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 4:08pm

I'm fine with BATB being based more on the original animated film than the Broadway show, thus the jettisoning of the BW songs, since as mentioned before the original story can stand on it's own.

My bigger potential issue is how well some of the actors casted convey the film's characters, for example, having Ewan McGregor, who I personally love but am already ambivalent about his American accents, potray the Gallic Lumiere, well, I hope my misgivings are proven wrong.

No pressure on Emma Watson or Dan Stevens...LOL. 

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#810Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 4:38pm

I would understand just wanting to keep the superior and more essential Ashman-Menken songs, but the idea that they are excluding the Broadway numbers AND adding new Rice-Menken songs confuses me. Especially since one of the songs sounds like it will be very similar to the Ashman-Menken number "Human Again," which is not to be included? 

DigificWriter
#811Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 8:11pm

Based on what we know, Days of Sun sounds more like it's reminiscing about the objects' human lives rather than looking forward to resuming said lives, which is what Human Again is about.

Dave19
#812Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 8:28pm

westendfanatic said: "Tag said: "Let's us all pray that they come to their senses and replace Ewan McGregor.  That accent...crying"

i'm glad somebody else has noticed how bad Ewan's accent is. 

"

I agree, that accent is ridiculous. Very bad, it does not sound French at all. Why him?

Updated On: 5/23/16 at 08:28 PM

broadwayboy223
#813Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 8:48pm

I just think it's disappointing there won't be a solo song for Belle. 

willep
#814Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 8:59pm

I enjoyed the teaser, can't wait to see more.

I will echo what's already been said, I love me some Ewan McGregor, but that accent is not good.

DigificWriter
#815Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 9:08pm

broadwayboy223 said: "I just think it's disappointing there won't be a solo song for Belle. 

"

She has a solo song in the animated score; it's just not very lengthy.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#816Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/23/16 at 9:32pm

Have we even heard Emma Watson sing yet? We may not want to hear her sing a solo.

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
#817Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/24/16 at 10:23am

westendfanatic said: "the more i watch the teaser trailer now, the more i am getting used to it.

this was posted on the twitter page yesterday...

https://twitter.com/BeautyATBmovie/status/734439497786634241

it states that another surprise is coming our way in the next week regarding the film. hope it is photos of the rest of the cast or maybe another video clip. 

"

Probably the teaser poster. Theaters will be likely getting them sometime this week. I wouldn't expect too much- the teaser for Cinderella was just the slipper. But it's something.

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#818Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 5/24/16 at 11:07am

i just hope they keep the original BATTLE ON THE TOWER, THE BEAST LETS BELLE GO, TRANSFORMATION and THE WEST WING music because the compositions for those scenes, are simply stunning. i cannot wait to see the transformation scene to see Dan in all his prince attire. 

BATTLE ON THE TOWER = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anavjovVaQ (from 2:24)

THE BEAST LETS BELLE GO = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzQHlIzgcJ8

THE WEST WING = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yiv38eYr5Y

TRANSFORMATION = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkJzUxqciqk

Updated On: 5/24/16 at 11:07 AM

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#819Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 6/24/16 at 1:34am

***UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE***

According to the Hollywood Reporter, there was an exclusive extended preview of Beauty and the Beast (2017) shown at Disney’s product presentation at the CineEurope trade show in Barcelona. Apparently they showcased Emma Watson’s singing talents and a selection of clips featuring the cast, including Dan Stevens as The Beast and Luke Evans as Gaston.

ALSO the 25th Anniversary edition of Beauty and the Beast (1991) will be released on Digital HD on September 6 and Blu-Ray on September 20. It will include special features and a sneak-peak of the 2017 live-action version. It seems to me like it'll be more than just a teaser. 

broadwayguy91
#820Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 6/24/16 at 2:49am

why are people saying that Belle won't have a solo? Menken announced 3 new songs - one is sung by the animated objects, one is sung by the Beast (both replacing 2 existing songs in the stage musical) and one is most likely Belle's new solo.

I'm guessing he's writing a song that is tailored more to Emma's strengths (or weaknesses) as a singer. It most likely won't be a big belty song like A Change In Me, but more of a soprano-head voice type of song.

westendfanatic
#821Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 6/24/16 at 4:54pm

http://beautyandthebeastmovienews.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/beauty-and-beast-25th-anniversary-blu.html

do you think we will see the d23 expo footage on the bonus features of the live action film or do you think it will be just the teaser trailer?

jonahke
#822Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/7/16 at 9:43am

The official Twitter-account of Beauty and the Beast shared a new poster of the west wing.

Beauty and the Beast

Updated On: 7/7/16 at 09:43 AM

westendfanatic
#823Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/7/16 at 11:17am

Wish we could see more images of the film, such as Josh as LeFou, Luke as Gaston, etc...

jimmycurry01
#824Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 7/7/16 at 11:52am

westendfanatic said: "Wish we could see more images of the film, such as Josh as LeFou, Luke as Gaston, etc...

"

You will, but it will be a long slow tease. Disney knows what they are doing with the marketing. They will build everyone up, just giving us just enough to want more before the release.

Videos