pixeltracker

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 36

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#875SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/20/23 at 11:18am

Won lotto for tomorrow night - Balcony row A, seats 27 and 29, all the way over on the left aisle. From a view from my seat they look pretty terrible. Just an FYI for anyone hoping to get something relatively decent.

Playbill_Trash
#876SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/20/23 at 3:40pm

Can anyone explain why on the telecharge seating chart, if you look further than a week out, the availability for any date looks the exact same?

I’ve been looking at getting tickets for this June and every date I look at in multiple weekends, the available seats are identical for each show time. I find it hard to believe that the exact same seats for all of those dates are already sold.

Is this a normal thing to see? I am looking for front row A center mezzanine and the exact same seats in A, B, and C are all showing as unavailable for each date this far out in the calendar (June).

Could the theatre be holding them as house seats so they’re not open to the public? Could a broker/scalper have actually bought them right when they went on sale? 

I’d appreciate an explanation from anyone who might know the real reason other than my speculation.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#877SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/20/23 at 4:50pm

Just went to the box office. Got rush tickets for tonight, right Orchestra row H.

Updated On: 1/20/23 at 04:50 PM

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#878SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/20/23 at 5:30pm

Playbill_Trash: Can anyone explain why on the telecharge seating chart, if you look further than a week out, the availability for any date looks the exact same?

I’ve been looking at getting tickets for this June and every date I look at in multiple weekends, the available seats are identical for each show time. I find it hard to believe that the exact same seats for all of those dates are already sold.

Is this a normal thing to see? I am looking for front row A center mezzanine and the exact same seats in A, B, and C are all showing as unavailable for each date this far out in the calendar (June).

Could the theatre be holding them as house seats so they’re not open to the public? Could a broker/scalper have actually bought them right when they went on sale? 

I’d appreciate an explanation from anyone who might know the real reason other than my speculation.

I just did a spot check on a few dates in June and there are different seats available in the center mezzanine. Row A has premium seats at $278,  row B premium at $205 and C is regular on aisle at $205.  I personally think they are holding seats back in those rows to create a sense of scarcity.  I checked using Telecharge.com not the app on my phone.  I would just call Telecharge 212-239-6200 and ask for specifically what you are looking for. They are always very helpful.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#879SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/22/23 at 10:33am

I would truly advise NOT doing lottery for this show. I got A 25 and 27 in the balcony. We were on the aisle, and I could maybe see 1/3 of the stage. Thankfully there were no seats behind the aisle seat, so I was able to sit sideways with half of my butt off my seat and lean on the bar (my poor back) and it made the view better. But I don’t think I’ve ever had a worse lotto/rush seat. 

The show was honestly so much fun, and I think of WOM catches on, like I think it’s currently doing, it has a really chance at winning Best Musical. It’s just a fun, splashy old fashioned musical that we don’t usually see anymore. The cast was fantastic. 

starlightlocamotion
#880SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/9/23 at 12:38pm

Saw this on Tuesday evening…Kayla Pecchioni made her SUGAR debut and was a delight. This gets a very strong 8/10 for me…LOVED the first act (with the exception of ‘OLD NICKEL MATINEE&rsquoSOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread…the second act seemed a bit off to me? The show doesn’t really end on a wow…though I guess there is nowhere to go but down after that INCREDIBLE chase number at the climax of act 2. All in all…I really had a nice time. But I would have personally taken another pass at SUGAR’s other two numbers in the show as DARKER SHADE OF BLUE is so much stronger than the rest of her material.  

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#881SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/10/23 at 11:22pm

Mariah visited the show tonight.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Coghis4LcOL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Updated On: 2/10/23 at 11:22 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#882SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 12:04am

“Have a great rest of your lives” lolololol

Updated On: 2/11/23 at 12:04 AM

Dolly80
#883SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 3:26am

I’m so happy to pretend I’m a producer on this show and meet the cast who I’ve never met before! Producing’ is east y’all !! Enjoy your lives!

OhHiii
#884SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/11/23 at 8:00am

Dolly80 said: "I’m so happy to pretend I’m a producer on this show and meet the cast who I’ve never met before! Producing’ is east y’all !! Enjoy your lives!"

Ya’ll are so weird about celebrities being producers on shows. Lol

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#885SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 10:58am

Email went out yesterday for a SOME LIKE IT HOT flash sale thru February 23rd - new price breakdown (including fees) for all weeknight performances: orchestra from $99, mezz from $79, and balcony from $49. I’m probably a broken record, but you have a great view from the mezz and balcony with this show.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

jacobsnchz14
#886SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/19/23 at 4:19pm

Catch J Harrison Ghee, Kevin Del Agulia, and the cast of #SomeLikeItHotMusical performing "LET'S BE BAD" on The View TOMORROW at 11AM EST!

GiantsInTheSky2
#887SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/19/23 at 6:23pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Catch J Harrison Ghee, Kevin Del Agulia, and the cast of #SomeLikeItHotMusical performing "LET'S BE BAD" on The View TOMORROW at 11AM EST!"

Overjoyed that they are doing other numbers from this show that are exciting and fun (all of the ensemble numbers are, but you get it). 

Also, Ghee is starring in the most recent (and Billy Porter directed) episode of Accused on Fox “as a drag queen wrapped up in a legal mess after getting involved with a closeted man from Southie.” 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#888SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/19/23 at 6:53pm

I believe The View performance is pre-taped so hopefully it was done on stage at the theater. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#889SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/19/23 at 6:58pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I believe The View performance is pre-taped so hopefully it was done on stage at the theater."

It would suck for the cast to have to get up early tomorrow after doing a 5-show weekend.

Just checked, and tomorrow's show was pre-taped on Thursday.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jacobsnchz14
mememe
#891SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/20/23 at 2:45pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "

That TV performance is truly awful. It’s such a mess. I’m sure it’s fun in the contest of the show but the choreography was sloppy and some of that singing was ragged. That’s not going to do anything to win anyone over. 

"

inception Profile Photo
inception
#892SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/20/23 at 4:00pm

The dresses on the ensemble members look like they came off the rack at TJ Maxx

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#893SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/20/23 at 8:15pm

While I agree- the costumes aren't great, the worst part of that TV performance was the horrible camera work. 

DrMonicaDeMoneco Profile Photo
DrMonicaDeMoneco
#894SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/21/23 at 1:17am

Let’s be bad…on national TV. That performance did them no favors. 

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#895SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/21/23 at 3:26am

All of the good reviews on here make me want to see the show.

The View and Seth Meyers performances do not.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#896SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/21/23 at 6:49am

If they were going to pre-record the performance it would have been better to do so at the theatre on the actual set instead of in the TV studio.   If people see this & think it is the actual set it looks bad.

I do think this song is better than the previous one done on TV with Borle. And I can see why all people who get cheap TKTS seats leave satisfied.  

Every few days someone posts on the Broadway Reddit about what a good time they had with prime orchestra seats they got for cheap.  Though that does give readers a bit of a false impression that you should be able to get such cheap seats for any Broadway show.

I remember my parents coming back from New York one time and raving about seeing Crazy For You that they got tickets for the day of.  Years later when I saw a regional production I wondered, "What the heck did they see in this show?"  But, it was just that they weren't big theatre buffs,  & so probably anything slighty saccharine done professionally would have satisfied them.  That was nearly 30 years ago, so not sure how viable it is in the current economy to be a show that is just good enough to satisfy tourists seeking cheap day of seats?

ShowBro Profile Photo
ShowBro
#897SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/21/23 at 7:23am

inception said: "If they were going to pre-record the performance it would have been better to do so at the theatre on the actual set instead of in the TV studio. If people see this & think it is the actual set it looks bad.”

No shade, but the *actual* set at The Shubert doesn’t look that much more impressive in person than the version on The View. 

I wanna know why they are still hiding Christian Borle in drags? No promotional materials/performances with him as Josephine. Why?

GiantsInTheSky2
#898SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/21/23 at 8:03am

The stage set does actually look much better and would be able to use their lighting, and not have those weird purple lit pieces of The View set. Plus they tried to cram this number into that small studio and onstage it has more room to breathe and take in the stage pictures and choreography. 

Not sure what people are getting in about with the costumes…it’s not the ball in Cinderella. They’re struggling traveling musicians who escape to Mexico for an evening of dancing and drinking when they’re not doing a show. I WILL say that I still miss Daphne’s original red dress that was cut during previews. 

They’re “hiding” Josephine because people already have tried to twist it into a negative statement/commentary on trans issues which it isn’t, and they’re putting forward their non-binary/fluid Daphne which is truly the heart of the show. We see Borle in non-drag just as much as we do the drag disguise anyways. Daphne does not go in and out as frequently. 

ManOfLaMuncha
#899SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 6:50am

J. Harrison Ghee starred in last night's episode of "Accused" ep. 5 "Robyn's Story".  He was great, and the episode was directed by Billy Porter.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7949212/

Videos