pixeltracker

What’s Next For The Barrymore?- Page 4

What’s Next For The Barrymore?

RUkiddingme
#75What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/25/22 at 9:12pm

""I'll never understand why some people fret about other people's problems. It's 2022;""

Isn't that what the internet chats are for? 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#76What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/25/22 at 10:42pm

RUkiddingme said: "Isn't that what the internet chats are for?"

Perhaps, at least to some, but that doesn't mean I understand it.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#77What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/25/22 at 10:48pm

I am curious about something concerning the Ethel Barrymore Theatre?    Would someone like Drew Barrymore (great niece of Ethel Barrymore) get free admission to any of the shows at that theatre?  Just wondering....

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#78What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/25/22 at 10:57pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I am curious about something concerning the Ethel Barrymore Theatre? Would someone like Drew Barrymore (great niece of Ethel Barrymore) get free admission to any of the shows at that theatre? Just wondering...."

No. That’s not how that works - it was named after Ethel Barrymore to honor her. but as a business, the Shuberts have no affiliation with that family. 

That said, as a very famous person with a talk show, Drew Barrymore could still probably get free tickets to any Broadway show, including those that play the Barrymore. 

saxpower
#79What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 1:17am

OhHiii said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Cancelling all the St. James tickets and making people buy again just seems much more feasible to me, since advance sales weren't particularly strong anyway."

There is zero, and I mean zero chance that PL would have taken this deal if that was a move they'd need to make. It takes months and months to amass a show's advance even if it's a pathetic sum, there's absolutely no way they're canceling all orders unless they're completely changing the run dates and for some reason PL moves to Spring. I imagine a sticking point of the deal and probably a reason why it was a "hard no" per troynow was insuring transference of all purchased tickets.
"

There is also the problem of people losing their preferred seats and not re-purchasing.  That said, from an  "internal" standpoint, this may be what happens, with the difference being the tickets are automatically repurchased at the new venue after the St. James tickets are refunded.  End result is customers see the refund and re-purchase on their statements posted the same day.  This may be easiest from a bookkeeping standpoint, while making sure people get as close as possible to their original seats.  (Yes I know, worrying too much about other's problems [I don't have PL tickets], but its interesting to speculate)

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#81What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 9:05am

Shubert Alley Cat said: "So if I already purchased two second row orchestra seats for PL at the St James, will these automatically be transferred over to the corresponding seats at the Barrymore? Wondering how this process will work since St. James is the horrible SeatGeek and Barrymore is the slightly less horrible Telecharge."

Question answered:

"All current ticket holders will be moved to the Ethel Barrymore automatically and will receive a confirmation email in the coming days."

BwayinVan
#82What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 10:19am

just got an email from SeatGeek that I will receive an email from telecharge later today and also this below…

“The date and time of your performance is the same, but your seats may have changed to comparable locations. If you are not happy with your seats, you will have the option to exchange. Your current tickets for the St. James Theatre are no longer valid. Two weeks before your performance date, you will receive new tickets from Telecharge.”

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#83What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 10:26am

At least they are doing the best they can to make this transfer less complicated. I am just anxiously waiting for the ITW Extension announcement!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

TaffyDavenport
#84What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 10:33am

Silly me. It hadn't occurred to me that they've been working on the seat transfers this whole time, before the announcement. I questioned the efficiency of both ticketing services working together, but, clearly, they've given themselves the time to make it as seamless as possible.

Just got my new seat assignment, and, somehow, they decided that rear mezzanine N 30 corresponds to rear mezzanine E 4.

Updated On: 7/26/22 at 10:33 AM

jenn328 Profile Photo
jenn328
#85What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 11:02am

I'm in the same exact seat I had at St. James...Orch row O, seat 7

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#86What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 11:35am

Same here . . . exact same seat locations at the Barrymore.

Row BB Seats 113-114

I did notice the communication from Telecharge says you will receive a refund from SeatGeek and then be charged again through Telecharge.

But I do appreciate that all of this tranfer work was done behind the scenes and I literally don't have to do anything if I am happy with the new seat.

TaffyDavenport
#87What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 11:42am

The email says that you'll receive a refund from SeatGeek and see a new charge from Telecharge if you use the exchange option. If you keep the seats, that won't happen.

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#88What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 11:59am

Thanks for that clarification, Taffy.  I guess my reading comprehension is on the fritz . . . sorry to all for spreading some disinformation.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#90What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 12:09pm

To repeat: this is [was] not a big deal. In 1922, it would have been, but not in 2022.

BwayinVan
#91What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/26/22 at 1:04pm

FWIW I had a look and it appears that prices have gone up. The very same ticket I have is more now than what I paid

PeterC6482
#92What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 12/22/22 at 1:03pm

I wanted to get this thread going again.

Perhaps Pal Joey for Spring 2023?

Any other ideas?

ElphabaGoodman
#93What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 12/22/22 at 1:21pm

PeterC6482 said: "I wanted to get this thread going again.

Perhaps Pal Joey for Spring 2023?

Any other ideas?
"

I think Pal Joey will wait until Stephanie J. Block is available

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#94What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 12/22/22 at 1:23pm

I don't know if I missed anything in other threads, but is there any validity to the rumor of Good Night, Oscar looking to move to the Barrymore?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#95What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 12/22/22 at 1:24pm

Pal Joey remains in extremely early/hopeful stages of development. It isn’t even doing a workshop until this coming winter/spring.

BETTY22
#96What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 12/22/22 at 1:25pm

it is not the notebook  

Updated On: 12/22/22 at 01:25 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#97What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 12/22/22 at 1:30pm

I feel like The Notebook might be a nice fit for either this house or the Jacobs.

Oh look, a bibu!

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#98What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 12/22/22 at 2:43pm

^in your eyes, it won’t matter, no? It will be gone by May. Why bother to speculate? 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#99What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 12/22/22 at 3:04pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "^in your eyes, it won’t matter, no? It will be gone by May. Why bother to speculate?"

Crummy mood that day. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Videos