pixeltracker

"Hamilton" in Los Angeles- Page 5

"Hamilton" in Los Angeles

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#100Hamilton LA
Posted: 9/19/17 at 7:28pm

Are there scheduled days off for Luwoye and Henry?  When the tour was in SF, Ryan Alvarado was the usual alternate for Hamilton on Sundays.  

sm33 Profile Photo
sm33
#101Hamilton LA
Posted: 9/21/17 at 4:18pm

Saw the show last night, and wow, Michael Luwoye was amazing as Hamilton. I had read people here saying he was fantastic, but I feel like they were still somehow underselling him. It is weird how much he sounds like Lin, but with a fuller, richer voice, and his acting was incredibly effective. I was sobbing during "It's Quiet Uptown" and I was not alone. 

Solea Pfeiffer was out, so I can't comment on her Eliza, but I enjoyed Raven Thomas in the role. I only have the OBCR and the recent Chicago cast to compare to, but on balance, the LA cast was more impressive. Chris Lee remains the superior Lafayette/Jefferson, though, and I missed Karen Olivo's pipes. This Washington (Isaiah Johnson) didn't really grab me until "One Last Time", but for that he was great. I wasn't as blown away with Joshua Henry as I thought I would be from all of the comments here, but he was a fine Burr. 

We had seats on the aisle in Row R, and missed most of "My Shot" thanks to the ushers taking two or three minutes to decide where to seat several late couples in my row and the rows in front of and behind me. I was incredibly annoyed that they haven't developed a better system for seating late guests - they had a gaggle of eight or so people standing in the aisle and having a conversation right next to my seat, and I am sure they were blocking the view of everyone behind me as well.

Aside from that, I was happy with the view, but I felt so far away, and row R is only halfway back in the auditorium. I can't imagine how far away you feel in the back of the theater. You really get a different visual experience from the orchestra than you do from an elevated perspective - the turntables are far less noticeable from the floor seats.

I'm gonna keep entering the lottery - I would love to see this show from the front row, especially now that I've seen it from far away a few times. 

Alessio2
#102Hamilton LA
Posted: 9/23/17 at 6:02pm

Finally saw this and was prepared to be majorly let down after so much hype and two years running on Broadway.  I'm always happy to be proven wrong and this was certainly the case here.  I loved the show and this cast was superb!  My question is has anyone here in LA won the lottery for the show and if so, where were your tickets located?  

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#103Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/8/17 at 10:30am

I am 0-50 on the LA lottery, but I have seen people post on Twitter their winning lottery seats. I have seen Row A and Row C seats posted. I am still wondering about the cancellation line, so if anyone has info, please let me know. Id love to keep the price below $300 per ticket, and SH and TM prices are far above that for the seats I want.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#104Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/8/17 at 12:29pm

I am seeing this production this coming Saturday and i cannot wait...the more i hear the OBC on SIRIUSXM Broadway,  the more i want to see this show in person...while i did not enter the lottery i instead paid for the exact seat i got...i will be sitting 2nd row Mezz in the center...so i hope that is a good seat for over-all production viewing...

Jordyn77
#105Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/8/17 at 3:28pm

defygravity2 said: "I am 0-50 on the LA lottery, but I have seen people post on Twitter their winning lottery seats. I have seen Row A and Row C seats posted. I am still wondering about the cancellation line, so if anyone has info, please let me know. Id love to keep the price below $300 per ticket, and SH and TM prices are far above that for the seats I want."

2 standard (i.e., non-resale) singles for ~$250 in row B for tonight's show.  

defygravity2
#106Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/8/17 at 6:33pm

^^ That will be a great seat to see the show! Being in the center, front mezzanine should be fantastic...I think the mezzanine hangs over Row T of the orchestra section in the Pantages (not as close a the mezzanine in the RR in NYC, but still not too far away). Enjoy the show!

defygravity2
#107Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/8/17 at 6:36pm

Jordyn...thanks for that...what great prices! I am being super picky and want to see Michael as A.Ham, and someone told me he has Sundays off. I really appreciate the price update...I'll keep checking!

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#108Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/8/17 at 6:40pm

defygravity, he actually IS in on Sundays. He is off Tuesdays.

https://twitter.com/MichaelLuwoye/status/911641304039284738

ThatsMyQ
#109Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/8/17 at 6:41pm

defygravity2 said: "Jordyn...thanks for that...what great prices! I am being super picky and want to see Michael as A.Ham, and someone told me he has Sundays off. I really appreciate the price update...I'll keep checking!"

I wouldn't worry.  We saw Michael L as A. Ham a few Sundays ago during the matinee.  All the main cast was there (except we had the understudy for Laurens/Phillip).   Seeing it again in Mid-November (ironically on another Sunday)  :)

neonlightsxo
#110Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/8/17 at 6:44pm

Is Josh Henry staying through the end of the year? Anybody know?

Waverly4
#111Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/9/17 at 12:48am

Is there a way to get day-of cancellations for Hamilton at the Pantages box office?

conealpetterson
#112Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/9/17 at 1:22am

Some friends saw it today and Ryan Vasquez was on as Hamilton.  

defygravity2
#113Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/14/17 at 3:33pm

Yesterday morning I drove 2 hours up to the Pantages and parked my chair in front of the theater at 8:30am...nobody joined in the line before the box office opened (apparently, the early line isn't a thing in LA...who knew?). At 10:00 the box office opened, and there were 4 random single seats available for $401 each. I inquired about what time unclaimed lottery seats would be released, and the box office guy said that 'there aren't any unclaimed lottery tickets' (not sure if he meant for yesterday or if they just make them a cancellation seat).  He said that cancellation tickets don't usually get released until a couple hours before showtime, and that premium seats are usually sold for $250-$401. He also said that there were only 3 premium seats released the day before, but since I was first in line, I had a good chance of getting in because I was willing to wait. I passed on those seat choices and hunkered down ready to wait for the next nine hours. Fifteen minutes later, he called me over and said he had 2 left center 6th row seats available for $398 each. It was more than I wanted to pay, BUT the seats were too good to pass up, AND the thought of not having to sit for 9 hours and not be guaranteed cheaper/better seats made my decision easier.  So I was all done by 10:25 am, and we had amazing seats for much cheaper than I would have found on StubHub.

Unfortunately, I saw Michael Luwoye's tweet at noon that he was not going to be Hamilton for the night...to say I was bummed would be a major understatement...he was the main reason I chose yesterday to drive up and buy tickets! I missed him in NY and now in LA, and I will just have to win that dang lottery to try to see him before he leaves (I hope he is feeling better soon). That being said, the touring cast was INCREDIBLE! I saw Hamilton in NY back in January, and I must say that I enjoyed the touring cast even more than the Broadway cast. Every cast member was strong....I cannot speak highly enough of the talent that is on that stage every second of the show! I didn't expect to discover any new thing about the music of this show, but I had several aha moments based on how these actors portrayed the characters.....simply stunning! Go see this incredible cast before they leave LA....you won't regret it! Hamilton LA 

conealpetterson
#114Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/14/17 at 10:03pm

The Pantages seems to put last minute tickets on Ticketmaster, so there is no need to wait in line.  I saw some pop up about an hour before the show the other night - prime orchestra for $250 each.  Right now there are some great resale tickets for tonight's show in Row F for only $203 each plus fees.  

Sivan2 Profile Photo
Sivan2
#115Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/14/17 at 11:18pm

I kept playing the lottery until I eventually gave up. I honestly have no desire to see Hamilton and only want to see it due to the hype. $10 is how much I would spend honestly seeing it. 

FrankieSay Profile Photo
FrankieSay
#116Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/14/17 at 11:31pm

Honestly? In the same sentence you say you don't want to see Hamilton and that you want to see Hamilton. Honestly.

Oh, segne deine Herzen

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#117Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/14/17 at 11:35pm

Sivan2 said: "$10 is how much I would spend honestly seeing it."

Cool story, bro!

yanks02
#118Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/19/17 at 12:33am

I'm in LA tomorrow and Friday to visit a friend and was thinking about doing cancellation line. I've seen Hamilton a bunch so I'm not willing to pay premium prices, but would be okay with paying $200 for tickets. Has anyone gotten non premium priced tickets through the cancellation line? I'll check ticketmaster the day of as well.

bear88
#119Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/19/17 at 2:38am

I have no firsthand knowledge, but based on a relative's experience (which is backed up by people on this thread), you should basically just hover obsessively on Ticketmaster all afternoon and tickets close to face value may pop up. I know my in-law was able to get four orchestra tickets very close to the stage (two on each side) at a decent price.

The LA cast, the same group I saw twice in San Francisco earlier this year, is a very solid set of performers who now have months of experience together. The original Broadway cast can't really be beat, but this is an outstanding touring production. And if you haven't seen Joshua Henry as Burr, you really ought to take your shot.

Updated On: 10/19/17 at 02:38 AM

yanks02
#120Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/19/17 at 12:38pm

Thanks for the info! I've actually seen the show many times and caught Henry as Burr in Chicago, SF, and LA. I agree, he's amazing! I loved the touring cast in SF and again when I saw them in LA and would like to see Michael, Joshua, and Isaiah again since I'm in La for a few days. We'll see how it goes!

BeachGirl2
#121Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/19/17 at 5:34pm

I conquer that obsessive Ticketmaster stalking is the way to go.  Just be prepared to purchase as soon as you see tickets pop up.  The first time, I hesitated too long and they were gone.  Then the next time I was prepared and made the purchase right away and scored "discount" premium tickets at almost half the regular price.  Good luck!  And I agree the LA cast is pretty fabulous.  

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#122Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/20/17 at 9:10pm

So, it's quarter to 6 on a Friday night, and I decide to check out Ticketmaster for Hamilton tix for this weekend.

Starting with this evening's performance, there were 4 really good seats (Orchestra Row H, on the aisle) for only $252 each.  I was tempted, but moved on....

There continued to appear a few scattered tickets -- all close, all Orchestra -- for the next 3 performances. All priced at $252-$269.  These are primo $650 seats usually.

Got to Sunday night and saw one lonely little ticket sitting in Center Orch, Row E, priced at $252. Mine! Mine! Mine!

Here's the weird part: Put it in my basket and went to check out. Somehow, the price (and my jaw) dropped to $195 in the time it took me to click on it.  With fees, it came to a whopping $218.  I have no idea what is going on, but I checked my account and the ticket is definitely there.

Note:  There are still a handful of really good individual seats available for this weekend at 1/3rd the usual cost.  All are direct sale by Ticketmaster, not re-sell.

chelseaburnside
#123Hamilton LA
Posted: 10/22/17 at 6:17pm

Hi! I have a ticket for Thursday, 11/2 - right-center Orchestra, Row G. I was hoping to see if anyone was looking to trade for another night, because something has come up & I can't make it that night anymore. If not, I'll be selling it which would definitely be a bummer because I'm really looking forward to seeing this cast. Please message me if you're interested in trading, or if you're interested in buying it should I wind up having to sell!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#124Hamilton LA
Posted: 11/14/17 at 6:20pm

Joshua just announced his concert in LA will be in December 11th, and if it’s anything like his concerts in Chicago and San Fran(which were both the day after he finished performing in each city) I would bet his final day is December 10th.

https://instagram.com/p/BbfjikHj74W/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Videos