pixeltracker

Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!- Page 6

Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!

Will3700 Profile Photo
Will3700
#125Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/18/17 at 3:26pm

Well I haven't done stage door for a while as it just seemed too much trouble in my "old age" so I guess I wont miss it much  I did stage door Hair and Priscilla and have nice signed window cards  

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#126Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/20/17 at 9:20pm

I booked tickets through the Audience Rewards thing and got an email that said the purchase has gone through but the email said that it wasn’t confirmed until the credit card charge goes through.  There was also a link to the website.

It looks like it is confirmed but don’t understand why the tickets weren’t emailed yet, seems simple enough since they already took the money.

JBC3
#127Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/20/17 at 10:14pm

Took a few days for me to get my tickets as well but they did come through today.

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#128Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 12:44am

Should only take about 72 hours max for the e-tickets to be emailed to you.  Not to worry.

I'm attending 6/2 matinee and purchased back row of the mezzanine.  Looks like sightlines will be fine.  I actually prefer to be seated further back in the smaller houses.

My annual NYC visit will include FROZEN on 5/29, HARRY POTTER [parts 1 & 2] on 5/30, CAROUSEL on 5/31 and TBITB matinee on 6/2.  Still have slots to fill evenings of 6/1 and 6/2. 

Got very lucky with HARRY POTTER first time around.  Purchased 6 six tickets in left orchestra, row R.  Keeping three, but have the other three up on StubHub.

perfectliar
#129Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 11:21am

Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "Got very lucky with HARRY POTTER first time around. Purchased 6 six tickets in left orchestra, row R. Keeping three, but have the other three up on StubHub."

Wow, you did get lucky! You know what would have been great? If you only purchased the 3 tickets you needed and allowed those other 3 to go back into the system and give another verified fan, the majority of whom did not get access to the sale, the chance to buy tickets at a reasonable price and also feel "lucky," rather than you making money off the whole situation.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
Nycat63
#131Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 11:37am

perfectliar said: "Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "Got very lucky with HARRY POTTER first time around. Purchased 6 six tickets in left orchestra, row R. Keeping three, but have the other three up on StubHub."

Wow, you did get lucky! You know what would have been great? If you only purchased the 3 tickets you needed and allowed those other 3 to go back into the system and give another verified fan, the majority of whom did not get access to the sale, the chance to buy tickets at a reasonable price and also feel "lucky," rather than you making money off the whole situation.
"

Thank you for saying what I wasn't brave enough to say!  I get that the verified fan system brought out the worst in a lot of people but I expect more from those who consider themselves true theater fans.  You'd think you'd have a greater appreciation and respect for the rest of us who are just trying to get tickets for ourselves and/or our kids because we, too, love theater.  

And at only $1350 per ticket per part.  What a guy.

Updated On: 12/21/17 at 11:37 AM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#132Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 1:28pm

Isn't it enough that you get to see a show that lots of people want to see? Do you have to be a snake, as well?

JSquared2
#133Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 1:47pm

perfectliar said: "Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "Got very lucky with HARRY POTTER first time around. Purchased 6 six tickets in left orchestra, row R. Keeping three, but have the other three up on StubHub."

"

Hopefully, karma will bite him in the ass, and he'll come down with food poisoning the day of the show and have to miss it.  Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#134Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 3:34pm

JSquared2 said: "Hopefully, karma will bite him in the ass, and he'll come down with food poisoning the day of the show and have to miss it. Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!"

That would just give him more tickets to sell...

JSquared2
#135Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 4:04pm

haterobics said: "JSquared2 said: "Hopefully, karma will bite him in the ass, and he'll come down with food poisoning the day of the show and have to miss it. Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!"

That would just give him more tickets to sell...
"

Not to get too far off topic --- but if you've ever had food poisoning, you'd know that sitting at a computer trying to unload tickets the day of the show would be the least of his worries --- he'd be far too busy in the bathroom "unloading" things of a completely different nature...

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#136Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 5:03pm

Actually, guys and gals I have been saving people thousands of dollars on Broadway-to-San-Francisco touring shows since Beatlemania waaay back in the late 70s.  It is a hobby of mine and I pay my own way when we attend discounted performances, which I acquire through local group sales.  If I get comped into any of the SF touring shows I also treat one of my friends with my plus-one ticket.  I am also extremely lucky that I can travel to NYC and support the Broadway community once a year.  I also treat one or two needier friends to shows when in NYC and any profit I might make on this one-time stroke of luck will be going back to the entertainment communities in SF, NYC and Disney World [I'll treat a friend to a trip there].

You can still feel free to judge me, but I justify it as a continued contribution to the arts and artists on both east and west coasts.  I'm a 70-year old retiree on a budget and am just happy for this possible windfall.

Yours In Ethel Merman.

perfectliar
#137Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 5:53pm

Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "Actually, guys and gals I have been saving people thousands of dollars on Broadway-to-San-Francisco touringshows since Beatlemania waaay back in the late 70s. It is a hobby of mine and I pay my own way when we attend discounted performances, which I acquire through local group sales. If I get comped into any of the SF touring shows I also treat one of my friends with my plus-one ticket. I am also extremely lucky that I can travel to NYC and support the Broadway community once a year. I also treat one or two needier friends to shows when in NYC and any profit I might make on this one-time stroke of luck will be going back to the entertainment communitiesin SF, NYC and Disney World [I'll treat a friend to a trip there].

You can still feel free to judge me, but I justify it as a continued contribution to the arts and artists on both east and west coasts. I'm a 70-year old retiree on a budget and am just happy for this possible windfall.

Yours In Ethel Merman.
"

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but whatever you need to think, go on ahead. I doubt anyone else selling their tickets feels any guilt, so at least you're likely in good, greedy company.

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#138Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/21/17 at 6:59pm

Well, at least the 60 people in San Francisco who I obtained $110 tickets for the May 2017 Hamilton run are happy for me.  And there should be more in early 2019 who will be happy when Hamilton returns. 

I'm on Facebook as Don Gregory Presents.   Don't know if others on this site get group discounts for up to 372 people without recompense or not, but it's  "What I Did [Do] For Love" 

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread ....  See you at The Boys In The Band matinee on 6/2/2018.  Should be interesting to see it on Broadway for my first time.  Was serving my country back in the late 60s/early 70s when I traveled from McGuire AFB in NJ to see the off-Broadway production.  Was out and proud during my service and it was quite interesting to see back-biting, neurotic and self-loathing New York queens on full display in the play.  Guess we've travel far from those stereotypes now.  Yes?  

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#139Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/22/17 at 9:47am

Wow what a martyr! Thank you for all that you do for the theater community and the pockets of ticket reselling companies. 

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#140Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/30/17 at 12:48pm

Well this thread certainly bummed me out. Had no idea these ticket resellers thought they were helping the community!

ANYWAY...

These presage ticket prices are a bit absurd. I’ve paid that much for many shows, but for this?! Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not that excited for this cast. I’m only excited because Mantello and Murphy are involved. Is anyone else staying away because of the prices?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#141Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/30/17 at 1:10pm

Is anyone else staying away because of the prices?

I stopped myself from buying tickets in advance so I'll just do the same-day discount route when the play finally makes its debut.  Plays are always much easier to obtain discounted tickets for, regardless how successful they claim to be.  

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#142Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 12/30/17 at 4:04pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "I stopped myself from buying tickets in advance so I'll just do the same-day discount route when the play finally makes its debut. Plays are always much easier to obtaindiscounted tickets for, regardless how successful theyclaim to be."

Thanks for responding. I was thinking the same thing. Good to know I’m not alone.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#143Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 1/26/18 at 5:09pm

FYI, there a lot of seats available on Telecharge for opening night, which is Thursday, May 31.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#144Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 1/26/18 at 5:39pm

WELL THAT CERTAINLY WAS AS BITCHY AS THE BOYS IN THE BAND!!...i got my ticket the hard way...(G)...by calling up TicketMaster and securing a great seat the old fashioned way...June 15th i will be there to see these amazing actors in this must see event!!

LightsOut90
#145Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 1/27/18 at 3:09am

my friend sent them some tweets saying he was disappointed in how white the casting was for this and how insulted he was as a multi-ethnic gay man and they blocked him......so that's certainly not making me want to buy a ticket. 

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#146Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 1/27/18 at 9:27am

LightsOut90 said: "my friend sent them some tweets saying he was disappointed in how white the casting was for this"'...

but wait...the original casting of color matches this casting with color...it is a revival not a re-calculation...i for one am completely happy with the casting here...

Updated On: 1/27/18 at 09:27 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#147Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 1/27/18 at 9:42am

LightsOut90 said: "my friend sent them some tweets saying he was disappointed in how white the casting was for this and how insulted he was as a multi-ethnic gay man and they blocked him......so that's certainly not making me want to buy a ticket."

Not every show needs to be multi-ethnic. As a black man, a theatre lover and fan of the movie,  had they done that with this show, I would have skipped it.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 1/27/18 at 09:42 AM

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#148Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 1/27/18 at 2:38pm

A multi-ethnic cast would completely undermine Bernard’s story. If there were other nonwhites in the room, Michael would certainly attack them with racism as he does to Bernard. As it is, a Latino Emory will take some of the pathos out of their relationship (unless deJesus plays Emory as white).

JSquared2
#149Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!
Posted: 1/27/18 at 2:52pm

LightsOut90 said: "my friend sent them some tweets saying he was disappointed in how white the casting was for this and how insulted he was as a multi-ethnic gay man and they blocked him......so that's certainly not making me want to buy a ticket."

Good for them!  Enough with the PC bulls***.

Updated On: 1/27/18 at 02:52 PM

Videos