BEETLEJUICE B'way Remount - Previews & News Thread

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#125BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/9/22 at 10:28am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Watch the full opening number from last night

https://youtu.be/xnLBSulmiW0
"

Yeah.  This musical is definitely not for me.  This was a tough watch and it’s the opening number.  Oy.  

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#126BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/9/22 at 11:03am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Watch the full opening number from last night

https://youtu.be/xnLBSulmiW0
"

Oh dear, the cocaine bit gave me pause for a show somewhat targeted at pre-teens/teens. Alex also seems to go in and out of the Beetlejuice voice. I suppose we can’t expect it throughout but was noticeable.

Thanks for scaring - I mean, sharing! wink

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#127BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/9/22 at 2:03pm

What’s the new attic scene like? Or was that just a joke?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#128BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/9/22 at 2:24pm

This is such a great tone setting opening for such a bonkers show. So much fun. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Bway96
#129BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/9/22 at 2:37pm

Love the energy in the audience. 

Alex looks super happy. Looks like they all had a blast. Love this! 

bwayplays
#130BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/9/22 at 3:07pm

Meeting a friend in NYC in two weeks. This was her pick. I hope it’s a good one! Although it wouldn’t be my first pick, I am looking forward to it. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#131BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/9/22 at 11:15pm

This number didn't impress me much on the 2019 Tonys, & not sure it does now. 

I thought the other video of the curtain speech was nice.  He seems like a really generous person for someone who is the star of a show.  That made me more willing to get a ticket...though I might watch for a discount code. 

Loopin’theloop
#132BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/10/22 at 8:06am

inception said: "This number didn't impress me much on the 2019 Tonys, & not sure it does now.

I thought the other video of the curtain speech was nice. He seems like a really generous person for someone who is the star of a show. That made me more willing to get a ticket...though I might watch for a discount code.
"

Half rhymes always really baffle me. I just can't see how any lyricist gets any joy from their work of it's so sloppy. I would say that about any walk of life though, I don't understand settling for mediocre in any job. 

Its a fun song but the haphazard lyrics irk me 

MattieIce2018
#133BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/10/22 at 2:04pm

Some changes that I noticed last night as well as some stuff I read on the Broadway subreddit:

1. The first half of Dead Mom is a half-step lower - the song used to start in A and end in Ab but is now in Ab the entire time.
  2. The spoken line "This house is actually pretty interesting. I'm sure dad will ruin it" during Dead Mom is now "This is the oldest wallpaper I've ever seen. Mom would've loved it" and someone on Reddit mentioned that there's something new in the orchestrations to transition out of that dialogue into the second verse.
  3. "Sadness is like kale salad. No one likes it. Throw it out" is now "Sadness is like a third nipple. It's part of you, but no one wants to see it"
  4. Instead of the long riff/scatting during the Invisible Reprise, Alex sang "Jason Derulo" and got a huge laugh.
  5. When she first meets them, Lydia tells the Maitlands that they look like people who would have run a struggling coffee shop and Adam says, "I always WANTED to run a struggling coffee shop!"
  6. The punchline to Beetlejuice's story about how he "made nachos with" Katharine Hepburn is now "got herpes from."
  7. "I am older but I'm glad I waited" in Creepy Old Guy has been changed to a Company reference - "Someone to ruin my sleep - I FINALLY understand it!"

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#134BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/10/22 at 4:03pm

Any news on a rush policy? They announced a digital lottery, but that seems about it. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#135BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 9:43am

I’ve heard the audience has calmed down a bit. So that’s good. 😂 

undercoveractor Profile Photo
undercoveractor
#136BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 5:52pm

Is 'Miss Argentina'....although that number seems very far removed from anything authentically Argentinian...still double cast with 'Delia'? I've seen some posts on IG and FB that give the impression those roles have been seperated.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#137BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 5:58pm

undercoveractor said: "Is 'Miss Argentina'....although that number seems very far removed from anything authentically Argentinian...still double cast with 'Delia'? I've seen some posts on IG and FB that give the impression those roles have been seperated."

And they are indeed separated. 

Oh look, a bibu!

BoringBoredBoard40
#138BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 6:01pm

Any new merch?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#139BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 8:51pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "undercoveractor said: "Is 'Miss Argentina'....although that number seems very far removed from anything authentically Argentinian...still double cast with 'Delia'? I've seen some posts on IG and FB that give the impression those roles have been seperated."

And they are indeed separated.
"

With Aravena out, who's been covering the role?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MemorableUserName
#140BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 9:12pm

Natalie Charle was on yesterday and today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcPM5sUuXXR/

MattieIce2018
#141BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 9:32pm

MemorableUserName said: "Natalie Charle was on yesterday and today.

"

I think she's been doing it since last week - I saw her in curtain call videos from Friday and she was on on Saturday as well. My Playbill slip on Saturday said that Gabi Campo was joining the company as Miss Argentina, maybe she's starting this week?

MattieIce2018
#142BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 9:32pm

MemorableUserName said: "Natalie Charle was on yesterday and today.

"

I think she's been doing it since last week - I saw her in curtain call videos from Friday and she was on on Saturday as well. My Playbill slip on Saturday said that Gabi Campo was joining the company as Miss Argentina, maybe she's starting this week?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#143BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/13/22 at 10:08pm

I loved the whole show when I saw it at The Winter Garden. Had a blast. But I would pay full price just to see Dana Steingold's Skye the Girl Scout again. "Girl Scout" had me literally in tears laughing. I had not laughed that hard at a show in years and haven't since. And I listened to that song on repeat for about three months after the cast recording came out. 

Just give the world Love.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#144BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/15/22 at 10:07am

I have ONE ticket for sale to BEETLEJUICE on 5/13/22 (Friday the 13th, teehee) at 8PM. Center Orchestra, Row B, Seat 113 (on the aisle). I paid $275 for it but would accept an even $200. Can transfer the ticket through TicketMaster as soon as I receive payment. I accept either PayPal or Cash App. PM me if interested. THANKS!!!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

Nolan LuPone
#145BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/16/22 at 8:57am

MattieIce2018 said: “I think she's been doing it since last week - I saw her in curtain call videos from Friday and she was on on Saturday as well. My Playbill slip on Saturday said that Gabi Campo was joining the company as Miss Argentina, maybe she's starting this week?"

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcX4Zq2ADUq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Video of Campo’s “What I Know Now”

jimmycurry01
#146BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/16/22 at 1:00pm

Loopin’theloop said: "inception said: "This number didn't impress me much on the 2019 Tonys, & not sure it does now.

I thought the other video of the curtain speech was nice. He seems like a really generous person for someone who is the star of a show. That made me more willing to get a ticket...though I might watch for a discount code.
"

Half rhymes always really baffle me. I just can't see how any lyricist gets any joy from their work of it's so sloppy. I would say that about any walk of life though, I don't understand settling for mediocre in any job.

Its a fun song but the haphazard lyrics irk me
"

Even Shakespeare used slant rhymes...

Bway96
#147BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/16/22 at 4:25pm

To me it makes them better, since there's clearly tons of direct rhymes as well, and changes things up from the good ol' ABAB scheme. I don't feel like using "sky" and "fly" and "me" and "be" and "you" and "to" is much more impressive. Updated On: 4/16/22 at 04:25 PM

Erik3
#148BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/16/22 at 6:12pm

Are they really planning on not offering any discounts? It seems aggressively priced, and they've barely sold a third of the house for dates past this coming week... Was hoping to catch this at the end of the month, but not sure I can justify the prices (higher than Funny Girl!) 

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#149BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
Posted: 4/17/22 at 10:59am

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Any new merch?"

Yes. I don’t actually know what it is, but the company has new stuff they’re waiting to roll out. 

Videos