pixeltracker

Broadway star sightings!- Page 8

Broadway star sightings!

nygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
#175re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/21/07 at 9:59pm

>Why are people surprised when an actor seems less than thrilled to be stopped and gushed at when they are going about their personal business? I'm sure those who posted were polite, but still.<

I don't think I would be very nice if someone stopped me out of the blue. I get stopped many times a day by people asking for money or trying to tell me about their religion or trying to sell me something--Mormons used to harass me daily (no kidding--they would follow me onto trains and try to grill me about my personal life and religious beliefs...politely excusing myself and ignoring them didn't work) until I told them to f*ck off. So hair-triggered are my instincts from living here that I think I'd assume someone was trying to hustle me, and then just walk away quickly.

This evening I made the huge error of pausing for two seconds on a street corner to see which street I was on. When I turned back around, a guy was right THERE and said, "Hi..." I think I put my hand up and then I hurried away. I didn't stop or respond. Which is why in the unlikely event of someone coming up to me on the street and saying, "I'm an agent and would love to audition you for this awesome movie," I'd probably scamper off in a huff before s/he could utter more than a syllable.

Which is why I never bug actors when I recognize them. 'Cuz you never know how their day is going. I keep my starstruck fangirly displays of shamelessness at stage doors. :) I've seen Jennifer Ehle at the Duane Reade on West 79th. She smiled at me, but I didn't engage her at all. I really wanted to congratulate her on her Tony nomination, but I just can't seem to break into anyone's personal space.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#176re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/22/07 at 1:05am

I saw Karen Ziemba walking down 8th today towards Curtains. I usually don't stare or anything but I noticed that she was talking and no one was with her. She didn't have any visible cell phone or anything either. It was pretty hilarious. I also saw Michael Berresse walking towards the escalator at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Times Square.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson
Updated On: 6/24/07 at 01:05 AM

Andergoat Profile Photo
Andergoat
#177re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/24/07 at 4:48am

I sat next to Annie Golden on the train right after Xanadu. I was too afraid I'd blurt out "I used to be from Kansas myself.", so I didn't tell her how much I enjoyed the show.

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#178re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/24/07 at 12:35pm

i saw Jane Krawoski (if thats how you spell her name..) at Angus McIndoe's
and Chyrssie Whitehead walking down the street, as well as Stephanie J Block
didnt talk to any of them though (duh), haha

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

MOXIEINTHECITY
#179re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/24/07 at 1:37pm

Bobby Cannavale (Will & Grace, Hurlyburly) at Blondie's on 79th and Broadway yesterday afternoon. Our softball team went there after the game and he came in with a friend. On our way out I stopped by his table and said I loved him in Hurlyburly and he smiled and said thatnk you then I heard him tell his friend that he loves getting notriced for his stage work more so than TV/Movies. Totally gracious and just as handsome in person, even with a bit of buffalo hot sauce on his cheeks.

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#180re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/24/07 at 1:48pm

What softball team are you on? You may have kicked my ass at some point last month. :)
Updated On: 6/24/07 at 01:48 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#181re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/24/07 at 6:52pm

"but I noticed that she was talking and no one was with her."

That's how some of them keep the fans away. It's in the Equity handbook.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#182re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/24/07 at 9:32pm

LOL

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

ashley0139
#183re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/24/07 at 9:36pm

Saw Patrick Page in the East Village today.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

mrslovett7
#184re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/24/07 at 11:10pm

I walked by Michael Beresse *swoon* on his way to Chorus Line.

Stephen Sondheim sat 2 rows behind me at the Sweeney final performance and during curtain call they acknoledged him and when I turned around he was *right* behind me. I could have touched him....but I would have been arrested

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

broadwayjim42
#185re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/3/07 at 11:01am

I'm such a dweeb...I kept a running list this time:)

Edward Hibbert (second sighting in two trips--8th Avenue before, Chelsea this time)

Howie Michael Smith--on his way to work

John Glover--walking past the O'Neill while I was in the ticket line for "Spring" (didn't buy)

Tom Cavanaugh--on the subway

Kathleen Chalfant--Times Sqaure on her cellphone--wanted to tell her how much I wanted to see "Spalding" but it closed two days before my trip.

Nathan Lane and Andrea Martin--at "Xanadu" going in and coming out of the stage door.

Not Broadway but still caught my eye--Jim from "Shear Genius" on Bleeker St

beyonddizzy31 Profile Photo
beyonddizzy31
#186re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/3/07 at 9:37pm

I rarely see bway celebs when I'm in NYC, but the last time I was there I saw 5 in one day.

David Hyde Pierce walking down the street.
Brad Anderson and Michael Paternostro from ACL at Eatery
Maggie Gyllenhaal and her mother at Company.
Michael Berresse at the 42nd St subway stop.

Years ago when I was in HS my friends and I spotted Christopher Sieber when he was still on that Mary-Kate and Ashley sitcom.

Oh, and its not Broadway related, but my parents and I almost hit Gwenyth Paltrow with our car in the parking lot of the Clark Art Institute in Williamstown, Massachussetts. I love that story. re: Broadway star sightings!

I also saw Steve Henderson... twice a week for a year, he was my acting teacher at the University at Buffalo re: Broadway star sightings!

Face life with a little guts and lots of *glitter*
Updated On: 7/3/07 at 09:37 PM

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#187re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:21am

Lea Michele seeing Grey Gardens!
John Gallagher Jr on the street
Josh Strickland on the street many times

mll85
#188re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:59am

I saw Jeremy Kushnier and Steve Gouveia at an ice cream shop in San Francisco. Didn't realize it was Steve until he turned around after paying for his cone and didn't recognize Jeremy until I stepped outside of the shop.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#189re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:05am

Mark Richard Ford at the Metreon when the Benny tour of Rent was in SF. re: Broadway star sightings!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#190re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 2:29am

Stephen Lynch half-naked on a bicycle, biking outside JERSEY BOYS :).

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#191re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 8:38am

I see Matt Cavenaugh, Norm Lewis, and Brian D'arcy James all the time at the gym.
Christine Ebersole walking on 9th ave the other day.
I used to see Ethan Hawke all the time just walking.
David Hyde Pierce sitting in a dog-run.
Raul Esparza in front of me in a line at Starbucks on Greenwich Ave.
Josh Strickland at Vinyl.

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#192re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 9:21am

I was stopped looking at puppies in a window on 9th- and Stephanie J Block walked right up next to me to look at the puppies.

Yay cute fluffy animals.

Also- I was walking from Steps (the dance studio) to the subway station and I'm pretty sure I walked by Bernadette Peters on the way.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#193re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 7:38pm

Tony Yazbeck walked right by me as I was waiting to go into Jersey Boys this afternoon.

Chrissy*J
#194re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 10:05pm

I see Marie Danvers (former Christine in Phantom), and Robert Gallagher (former Javert in original run of Les Miserables) ALL THE TIME at my school because Robert teaches an acting class there, and Marie is a director/choreographer for some of our shows.

Chrissy*J

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#195re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/4/07 at 10:28pm

When I was visiting my friend in CT, I saw Debbie Shapiro Gravitte walk out of a library. She's a pretty lady. Oh, and my friend's voice teacher used to do a lot of Broadway, but I went to her improv class so it was a forced sighting.

That all counts right? Right.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#196re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/5/07 at 1:54am

i saw sutton foster walking down 8th looking really mad about a month ago, and not too long ago i saw lea michele and jonathan groff in central park.

Can, can I have it?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#197re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/5/07 at 2:13am

I was on the subway getting on at Union Square friday before the SAT's. I was texting a friend with what little cell phone signal I had left and I have a problem of sometimes quietly saying what I am typing. My friend wanted to know if I wanted to rush A Chorus Line with him and I was texting him back saying that I couldn't and had to go home because the SATs were the next day and my parents didn't want me to go out. I look up and see this woman drinking a Jamma sp? juice and smiling. Now, I am not one to ask someone " pardon me but are you so and so" due to the fact that I get imbarassed if the answer is no. But anyways, I asked her " Mame, why are you laughing?" She told me that she was in A Chorus Line and that she heard me mudder it when I was texting. Lo and behold it turnes out that it was Mari Davi. She and I were talking about the show and how I did a bennifit sp? with a couple of the actors in the show. I went to the theatre after my SAT's to see the show and got there just as the 2 PM saturday show was ending and just waiting around for lotto to start. I was at the stage door and when she came out not only did she rember my name but she asked me how were the SATs. I just found that cool.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Rachel2789 Profile Photo
Rachel2789
#198re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/5/07 at 2:22am

A couple of years ago when The Pillowman was still open, I saw Jeff Goldblum walking toward the theater, smiling, with an umbrella...on a perfectly sunny day.

At first I thought it was a little odd, but then remembered that it was Jeff Goldblum, haha. Such a nice guy though, even if he is a little out there. re: Broadway star sightings!

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#199re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 7/6/07 at 12:07am

Bumped into Jim Dale on the day of last year's Tony Awards, physically bumped into him, on the corner of 51st, way early in the morning as I made my way to a dance class.

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

Videos