Sean Hayes will host the Tonys

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#1Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:33am

I just saw this on the Tony Awards' twitter:

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/news/articles/2010-05-23/201005231274639799214.html

I think he'll do a great job!

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:34am

He's too gay to host it! Everyone will think about how he likes to take it up the butt!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#2Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:36am

Maybe he should've hosted the Drama Desks, then.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#3Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:36am

Was his headshot taken in his hotel bathroom?

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#4Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:37am

Are you kiddin', Phyllis? Sean is a top.

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"

Gothampc
#5Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:37am

It's never a good idea to have one of the nominees also be the host. If he wins, it's awkward. If he loses, it's AWKWARD!!!

Couldn't they get Matt Morrison to host?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:39am

Phyl, only the guy who wrote that article will.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with for him to do. Although I am a bit tired of seeing Neil Patrick Harris everywhere, it might be fun if thet co-hosted together. JMO

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 5/24/10 at 10:39 AM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#7Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:39am

Who?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Gothampc
#8Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:40am

"Was his headshot taken in his hotel bathroom?"

I don't know, but that Max Factor facial stubble is as fake as his portrayal of Chuck Baxter.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 5/24/10 at 10:40 AM

#9Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:49am

Is he playing the role of a "gay host" or a "straight host"?

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#10Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:53am

“As the new guy on Broadway, it's an honor to be included in the established alumni.”

WTF Sean??? Hope he sticks to the script at the Awards!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#11Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:54am

Phyllis Rogers Stone, your post broke me up. I always enjoy your contributions to the Board.

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#12Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:56am

Thanks!

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#13Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:57am

Hugh Jackman hosted and won - was that a problem?

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#14Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 10:57am

It's never a good idea to have one of the nominees also be the host. If he wins, it's awkward. If he loses, it's AWKWARD!!!

Hugh Jackman hosted the year he won for Boy From Oz...not awkward at all.

Anyway I think Sean Hayes will be great!

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#15Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 11:04am

Wonderful news!
And we thought PROMISES, PROMISES might not perform...
They'll be performing all night!

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.
Updated On: 5/24/10 at 11:04 AM

WOSQ
#16Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 11:06am

Good choice.

Kathleen Turner hosted the year she was nominated for Cat and did not win. She had Bruce Vilanch-type jokes ready and used them.

Will Newsweek be invited...?

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

Gothampc
#17Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 11:08am

"Is he playing the role of a "gay host" or a "straight host"?"

We do not want a repeat of the Nathan Lane naked but for an apron incident. Glenn Close was shocked to her foundations.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#18Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 11:40am

Seems that Newsweek brouhaha was the perfect thing to reverse the bad taste people had in their mouths about that Advocate interview he gave.

rebelroyalty07@aol.com Profile Photo
rebelroyalty07@aol.com
#19Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 11:49am

aw i am so excited! i love sean hayes so much. he is hilarious in anything he does, so its sure to be fantastic. plus he seems to be so genuinely honored to be on broadway in interviews and such so he will definitely appreciating being part of broadway's big night :)

"In any color, shape, or fashion, there is no denying passion" <3 http://candiceelyse.blogspot.com/

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#20Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 11:58am

"Seems that Newsweek brouhaha was the perfect thing to reverse the bad taste people had in their mouths about that Advocate interview he gave."

Ain't that the friggin' truth! Well done, Lady Setoodeh! You might even hand him the win!

Which would not be undeserved. Hayes was wonderful in PROMISES, PROMISES.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#21Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 12:19pm

I'm quite satisfied with Hayes' hosting. Hopefully this will be the third straight year of having a good host(Whoopi, NPH, and now Hayes).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#22Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 12:28pm

I think he'll be great. But will he draw viewers?

Brick
#23Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 12:42pm

PalJoey, good call.

And this is great news.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#24Sean Hayes will host the Tonys
Posted: 5/24/10 at 12:47pm

I'm quite satisfied with this. Host is better than no host, and Sean Hayes is entertaining. I think I enjoyed his performance in Promises, Promises more than most. No wonder their show got the green light to perform at the Tonys.

I don't think it will be awkward because he's a nominee. Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick hosted during the year that was The Producers, and only Nathan won. Thankfully, the Best Actor in a Musical prize is towards the end of the ceremony, so he won't really have the opportunity to sulk on screen when he loses.

~Steven

Videos