pixeltracker

Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show- Page 2

Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#25Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:07am

And I totally agree with the above posters on 5 Napkin Burger! Updated On: 7/11/10 at 12:07 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:08am

Pigalle. They have a delicious blood orange mimosa.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#27Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:09am

Blockheads, Mother Burger, Kodama, Cosmic Diner, Westway Diner.

Hannahbelle
#28Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:33am

Thanks Bettyboy, I'll check it out next time I'm in town!

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#29Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:33am

Kad - Pigalle's Green Martini w/ cucumber vodka and champagne float is quite amazing too. I am also partial to their steak tartare (the half portion...the whole is very overwhelming).

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#30Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:47am

I totally forgot about Toloache on W50th-amazing authentic Mexican dishes. Super delish.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Elphaba43
#31Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 1:28am

Love breakfast at Juniors, as well as desserts!!!

For lunch and dinner, I love going to Ellen's Stardust Diner......I know most people think its annoying, with the waitresses and waiters singing and stuff. But I think it's one of the best times ever!

I am a bagel on a plateful of onion rolls. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you don't, you're on your own!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#32Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 1:35am

Applebee's in Times Square!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

tamra2
#33Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 1:48am

Vynl for sure
Blockheads

BellatrixxLestrangee Profile Photo
BellatrixxLestrangee
#34Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 2:04am

John's Pizza and Carmines

You gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for? -BP.

laura is broadway Profile Photo
laura is broadway
#35Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 2:16am

I love this thread because it involves my two favorite things

ThankstoPhantom
#36Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 2:37am

^ Mine, too.

I'm another John's Pizzeria fan. I go there every time I am in NY. Finally tried Angus McIndoe's last year during my stay and loved it. I like Carmine's a lot, but I don't frequent it.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Myron
#37Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 6:38am

I need the name of a traditional Chinese restaurant which serves Cantonese food (fried rice, chow mein, spare ribs, etc). We had been going to China Regency on 7th Ave for over a decade but they recently closed. Aren't there any Chinese restaurants in the Theater District left? I looked at Ruby Foo's menu and the food is not traditional and is expensive. Any suggestions?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#38Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 6:50am

I AM a fan of John's and often go when I am with a large group or with my kids. After having more, BORING pizza here in Boston last night -- I can't wait to go back!

I'll second Vynl's as well -- although I often forget about it.

Thanks for the other suggestions, now I have a few new places to check out!

(PS. I don't get the love for chains either, what a waste of a meal!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#39Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 7:26am

Better Burger on 9th between 42nd and 43rd. Great burgers (and veggie burgers, and hot dogs, and other fun stuff) and the way they cook them is healthier than others. Not really sure about what makes it healthier, but still yummy!

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

bwaylvsong
#40Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:55am

Bettyboy, my mom ate in Toloache a few weeks ago and has been raving about it since.
The Thai restaurants on and near restaurant row have delicious and really cheap lunch specials on weekdays.
Thalia is pricey but delicious, and they occasionally have specials that aren't that expensive.
Le Rivage has amazing French food in a huge prix fix meal that's expensive but a lot less than other French options.
Havana Central has big portions of excellent, moderately-priced Cuban food.
John's Shanghai has the best steamed juice buns (also known as soup dumplings) that I've ever had.

kooky
#41Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:58am

Good old "Sardi's" ..... "Joe Allen's" ..... my fav 2

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#42Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 9:36am

For a large group we love going to Carmines, otherwise, Da Marino's, Broadway Joes, and to the poster that said Vinyl- I love their frozen margaritas! Very good.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#43Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 9:36am

Those frozen margaritas put me on my ass FAST. Them sh*ts is skrong!!!!
Updated On: 7/11/10 at 09:36 AM

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#44Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 10:37am

When we were in the city back in January we did the Film Center Cafe for brunch- which for $15.00 you can add all you can drink mimosa or bellini- my wife didn't realize how much she was drinking because they come in these very thin, very tall glasses. Needless to say she ended up very tipsy, and then was on her way to a dance class while the rest of us went to matinees- she said it didn't really hit her until she walked outside and the cold air hit her- must of worked because the dance instructor said that she, and two others were the only ones that had any business being in an "advanced" class.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#45Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 10:56am

Love VYNL. I usually end up there before or after a show if I'm not feeling adventurous. Having it, however briefly, on the Upper East Side as well was one of the only things that made living there tolerable.

When I'm in the mood for a really nice meal, I treat myself to La Masseria on 48th, steps away from The Kerr. Some of the best, most authentic Italian food I've ever eaten. It's not cheap, but it's worth a visit.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#46Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 11:20am

My last time in NYC I discovered Hurley's right next foor to LA CAGE! AMAZING onion soup!

I also love The Pig & Whistle across from the Palace stage door, Dallas BBQ, VYNL, the little hole in the wall pizza place on the corner of 40th & 8th Ave (I always hit this place on my way to the Drama Bookstore), as well as another vote for John's Pizzaria. I also love that place next to the St. James (the name has escaped me like a dunce) because it is where I "stalked" Julia Murney once. heeehee

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

thenewmoon
#47Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:13pm

I always have to go to Rachel's on 9th Ave (between W43rd and W44th) at least once. I started going there because we happen to share a first name-- and that was already 6 years ago. The maitre d' and waiters always remember me and it's a great place to hear all the Broadway gossip and enjoy American food and cocktails in a casual, welcoming [read: no Noo Yawk attitude!] setting. They also have a back patio that's open in good weather, so you can actually eat outside (but not on the side walk!) And it's not expensive. I would encourage anyone stuck in the touristy places of Times Square to check it out.
However, I must admit that a guilty pleasure is the bar in the Marriott Marquis in its 8th-floor lobby. They have a silly colorful cocktail for every Broadway show, and you can make a light dinner from their appetizer menu while enjoying priceless views of Times Square bustling below.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#48Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:36pm

I'm throwing in another vote for 5 Napkin Burger. I went there for the first time after seeing Everyday Rapture a few weeks ago and thought it was delicious.

I've been meaning to try Vynl for some time, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll try it this week.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#49Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/11/10 at 12:45pm

I need the name of a traditional Chinese restaurant which serves Cantonese food (fried rice, chow mein, spare ribs, etc). We had been going to China Regency on 7th Ave for over a decade but they recently closed. Aren't there any Chinese restaurants in the Theater District left? I looked at Ruby Foo's menu and the food is not traditional and is expensive. Any suggestions?

I would recommend Jing, on 9th between 47th and 48th. I've eaten there a lot and always had a good, very filling meal. They have a very extensive menu with a LOT of options.

Videos