Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 126

LATEST NEWS

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3125Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/11/24 at 3:49pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I would love to see Nick Adams as Billy Flynn!"

Now, Nick is talented enough to play either Roxie or Velma. He’s more than qualified to handle the original revival choreography for both roles.  

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3126Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/11/24 at 4:26pm

No surprise, but AFW has already missed several performances since she came back last week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#3127Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/20/24 at 6:40pm

This article just enlightened me to the fact that Sofia Vergara played Mama. I had no idea. I just finished watching her in Griselda on Netflix. She kills. 
https://people.com/celebrities-who-starred-in-chicago-on-broadway-6046159

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3128Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/20/24 at 7:46pm

Melissa25 said: "This article just enlightened me to the fact that Sofia Vergara played Mama. I had no idea. I just finished watching her in Griselda on Netflix. She kills.
https://people.com/celebrities-who-starred-in-chicago-on-broadway-6046159
"

Yup. This was weeks before she filmed the pilot for the now-classic ABC TV sitcom MODERN FAMILY so you’ll notice on the following press clip her accent is very slight and subtle. After MODERN FAMILY made its explosive debut, she would go on to use her character Gloria’s exaggerated accent as part of her own public persona:

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3129Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/20/24 at 9:25pm

ACL2006 said: "No surprise, but AFW has already missed several performances since she came back last week."

With Mary Claire King gone, the show is left with one Velma cover - Kristen Faith Oei. Dani Spieler is back for a short run as Liz.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3130Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/20/24 at 9:42pm

ACL2006 said: "ACL2006 said: "No surprise, but AFW has already missed several performances since she came back last week."

With Mary Claire King gone, the show is left with one Velma cover - Kristen Faith Oei. Dani Spieler is back for a short run as Liz.
"

I know she was only a maternity cover and recently signed on to Lempicka, but I wish Khori Michelle Petinaud had an opportunity to join the Velma rotation. She's a great Fosse dancer affiliated with the Legacy AND has some nice, smoky vocals. 

Also, I want Manuel Herrera in the Billy Flynn rotation as well - though he would be a better actor/dancer than singer for the role.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3131Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/22/24 at 7:17pm

Saw the tour last week as part of a subscription package. No celebrities, all unknowns and I thought they were excellent. It's nice to see Chicago in the hands of fresh young talent. Kailin Brown, Katie Friedeni and Ed Gotthelf as Fred Casely were the standouts for me. I know it's non-equity though and I hope the actors are being fairly compensated for their talent. I'd venture to guess this cast might actually be a bit more fun to see than the current Broadway cast, but I'll need to see both at some point to compare.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3132Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/22/24 at 11:01pm

I was surprised that Bianca Marroquin did not make a return as Velma Kelly.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3133Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/23/24 at 12:46am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I was surprised that Bianca Marroquin did not make a return as Velma Kelly."

Bianca and AFW retire already ladies from Chicago, enough! AFW is old to be playing Velma still!

Ariana is bringing in the crowds so happy for her as she has the right star quality from DWTS and VPR and her fans are supporting her! Over $1m for this show this week -WOW!!!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 2/23/24 at 12:46 AM