pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 21

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

theatrekid3302
#500New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/15/21 at 10:06pm

I hope Alison Luff comes back and does the tour after Talia is done with the role. It hasn't played in Tampa since 2017 so I would assume they would bring it back to Tampa in 2023 or soon after. 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#501New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/16/21 at 1:52am

^I don't see Alison coming back to the role on tour as she's currently starring on a Starz TV show and would likely rather originate a role on Broadway or in New York than tour again. 

I also think [hopefully] we'll be seeing women of color replacing Talia and Lindsay respectively when their contracts are up on tour and Broadway. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

killerqueen
#502New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/16/21 at 5:56pm

Hannah Florence has joined the company, presumably as the new Nessa!

KingOfTheMine Profile Photo
KingOfTheMine
#503New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/24/21 at 4:50pm

Official casting announcement is out for the Broadway return. Even though we've known most of these folks would be returning, there are a couple interesting bits in here.  Mili Diaz will make her Broadway debut as Nessarose.  Also, Kathy Fitzgerald will be filling in as Morrible from 9/14 to 9/26.  Alexandra Billings then returns to the cast.  Link below:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lindsay-Pearce-Ginna-Claire-Mason-Alexandra-Billings-and-More-Announced-for-WICKEDs-Broadway-Return-20210824

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#504New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/24/21 at 4:52pm

Were the Glinda and Elphaba the two playing the roles when the shutdown happened last March?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#505New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/24/21 at 4:53pm

I saw Mili Diaz in that role on tour. She’s great!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#506New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/24/21 at 5:09pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Were the Glinda and Elphaba the two playing the roles when the shutdown happened last March?"

Yes, Mason and Pearce were both in the B’way cast at the time of the shutdown.

Oh look, a bibu!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#507New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/24/21 at 11:09pm

Mason was fabulous on tour with Jessica Vosk so I’m excited to see her again. I’m happy I held off until October because I really wanted to see Billings as Morrible.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#508New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/24/21 at 11:13pm

Yes, Hannah Corneau left about two weeks before the shutdown and Pearce was her replacement. I didn’t know that either until I checked IBDB.

killerqueen
#509New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/25/21 at 7:56am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Were the Glinda and Elphaba the two playing the roles when the shutdown happened last March?"

Principal cast is identical, save for Mili stepping in as Nessa (Shoba Narayan was Nessa before, but is off to Aladdin). Oh and obviously Kathy temporarily filling in for Alexandra too.

Apart from GCM and Michael McCormick who had been in for a while, most of this case were still fairly new at the close. I think Lindsay and Sam had been in for two weeks, and several of the others had only joined about a month or two before that.

To be honest, there's very minimal changes to the ensemble at large too. Couple of new faces in, but by and large this is the same cast that left in March 2020.

Updated On: 8/25/21 at 07:56 AM

theatrekid3302
#510New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/28/21 at 12:12pm

How is Lindsay Pearce as Elphaba? I am debating whether or not to see Wicked when it comes back or waiting until a new cast comes since I already saw Ginna Claire Mason and most of the other cast members.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#511New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/28/21 at 5:36pm

killerqueen said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Were the Glinda and Elphaba the two playing the roles when the shutdown happened last March?"

Principal cast is identical, save for Mili stepping in as Nessa (Shoba Narayan was Nessa before, but is off to Aladdin). Oh and obviously Kathy temporarily filling in for Alexandra too.

Apart from GCM and Michael McCormick who had been in for a while, most of this case were still fairly new at the close. I think Lindsay and Sam had been in for two weeks, and several of the others had only joined about a month or two before that.

To be honest, there's very minimal changes to the ensemble at large too. Couple of new faces in, but by and large this is the same cast that left in March 2020.

"

And it’s still a very white cast too, unfortunately

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

James Kerrigan2
#512New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/29/21 at 11:09pm

Christy Altomare would be a great Glinda

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#513New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 8:30am

Call_me_jorge said: "killerqueen said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Were the Glinda and Elphaba the two playing the roles when the shutdown happened last March?"

"

And it’s still a very white cast too, unfortunately
"

I saw someone online say the same thing, and I get it, however, from my understanding, Wicked offered everyone who was with the show at closing their job back, and then recast from there. Other long running shows, didn't do that...I could be wrong, but that is what I heard. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#514New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 11:14am

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might be), but don't they legally have to offer a return contract to the people who were previously employed prior to the shutdown? I remember seeing that somewhere on another thread, but again, I might be wrong. 

I also anticipate (and hope) that when it comes time to replace some of the current cast - both on Broadway and on tour - they will be casting more roles with BIPOC performers. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

James Kerrigan
#515New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 1:46pm

Arianna DeBose would be perfect as Elphaba with Christy Altomare as Glinda.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#516New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 1:52pm

Just left the box office and the cast was rehearsing “No One Mourns The Wicked” upstairs in the lobby and you could hear them crystal clear downstairs and it kinda brought a tear to my eye, standing there.

theatrekid3302
#517New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 10:34pm

James Kerrigan said: "Arianna DeBose would be perfect as Elphaba with Christy Altomare as Glinda."

She was outstanding in the concert last night. I hope the casting directors at Wicked took note of the incredible job she did. Would be one of the better Elphaba's which we haven't had on Broadway since Jessica Vosk. 

Ariana DeBose - The Wizard and I

BCfitasafiddle
#518New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 8/30/21 at 10:39pm

Maybe an unpopular opinion... but I didn't enjoy DeBose doing this song. Didn't do it for me. There are better choices for the film.

TravisOKC
#519New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/10/21 at 11:32pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Maybe an unpopular opinion... but I didn't enjoy DeBose doing this song. Didn't do it for me. There are better choices for the film."

Totally agree, but i would add that DeBose is a fantastic singer...

BCfitasafiddle
#520New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/11/21 at 1:13am

TravisOKC said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Maybe an unpopular opinion... but I didn't enjoy DeBose doing this song. Didn't do it for me. There are better choices for the film."

Totally agree, but i would add that DeBose is a fantastic singer...
"

Me as well. Maybe it was just an off performance. 

James Kerrigan2
#521New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/11/21 at 8:55pm

Does anyone know when Curt Hansen is supposed to return as Fiyero on the national tour? He just had a baby and his role is currently being rotated by his understudies. 

Jordan Catalano
#522New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/12/21 at 9:23pm

Was anyone at today’s dress rehearsal?

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#523New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/12/21 at 10:14pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Was anyone at today’s dress rehearsal?"

I was.

Really enjoyed both Pearce and Mason! Though my brain was confused that Glinda was inches taller than Elphaba. lol

Jordan Catalano
#524New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/12/21 at 11:28pm

I’m jealous! I bet the audience went wild.