pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 24

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

JustinLovesSideShow
#575New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/11/21 at 11:29am

If that’s the case wonder who else is leaving soon

JustinLovesSideShow
#576New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/11/21 at 11:29am

If that’s the case wonder who else is leaving soon

Engineer Thuy
#577New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/11/21 at 4:24pm

My guess is that Jordan Litz will replace Curt. The new understudy Fiyero - Ryan Mac, appears to be covering Witch's Father/ Ozian Official, which is Jordan's current track. Unless, Jordan is also leaving the tour.

killerqueen
#578New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/16/21 at 6:43pm

Engineer Thuy said: "My guess is that Jordan Litz will replace Curt. The new understudy Fiyero - Ryan Mac, appears to be covering Witch's Father/ Ozian Official, which is Jordan's current track. Unless, Jordan is also leaving the tour."

Yeah it was Jordan! He confirmed it on Instagram earlier today, he starts one week from today.

I wonder if anyone else is going to be leaving shortly. I vaguely recall seeing that Sharon was coming up to the end of her Morrible run before the lockdown, and she joined the tour the same time as Curt did, so maybe she'll be off in the near future?

James Kerrigan2
#579New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/30/21 at 12:50pm

Does anyone know Lindsay Pearce's return date? I know it is in December but they didn't give an official day yet.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#580New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 11/30/21 at 1:14pm

I think the last thing she posted on Instagram was mid-December. No specific date, probably because it depends on her recovery.  However, also based on her IG, she was supposed to start rehearsals today. So we should know soon. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#581New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 10:51am

It’s good to see her, isn’t it?

Starting on February 14, Brittney Johnson will become the first woman of color to take on the role of G(a)linda full-time on Broadway! In addition, Jordan Barrow joins the Broadway cast as Boq starting tonight (first Black full-time actor in that role, too), as Lindsay Pearce returns from her injury and defies gravity once again as Elphaba.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 12/7/21 at 10:51 AM

James Kerrigan2
#582New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 11:02am

Jordan Levinson said: "It’s good to see her, isn’t it?

Starting on February 14, Brittney Johnson will become the first woman of color to take on the role of G(a)linda full-time on Broadway! In addition, Jordan Barrow joins the Broadway cast as Boq starting tonight (first Black full-time actor in that role, too), as Lindsay Pearce returns from her injury and defies gravity once again as Elphaba.
"

Lindsay returns on Dec 11

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#583New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 11:04am

James Kerrigan2 said: "Jordan Levinson said: "It’s good to see her, isn’t it?

"

"

Thanks for the confirmation / correction. Playbill Vault said she would be returning tonight. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Rainah
#584New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 11:07am

Thrilled by this. Brittney is a no-brainer, it's been a while since I've seen so much buzz for a Wicked replacement actor and based on all reports, she's incredible. 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#585New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 11:10am

To be cliche as heck, I simply couldn't be happier to see Brittney is being promoted to full time. Her Glinda is absolutely perfect and it brings me so much joy thinking about how audiences will get to see her play this role 8 times a week and how many young black women and girls will get to see themselves represented in this way. Brittney's Thank Goodness is truly an absolute masterclass of a performance and I am just so excited for her. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

James Kerrigan2
#586New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 11:25am

She would be great with Alyssa Fox. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#587New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 11:38am

Great to see Brittney's casting getting mainstream attention!

PEOPLE MAGAZINE: Wicked Announces Broadway's First Black Glinda, Brittney Johnson: It's an 'Awesome Responsibility'

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#588New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 11:42am

Brittney is incredible. Good for her. 

Zion24
#589New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 12:00pm

i have to say, im not usually on the "must cast people of color for the sake of casting people of color" bandwagon but when it comes to fantasy/fiction, the pointed ABSENCE of people of color is so utterly glaring and Wicked has always been such a prime example of that. Elphaba is GREEN and have they ever had a principal Black actress playing the role full time? (If so, it took years...).  So great to see this being belatedly rectified at the Gershwin and letting talent shine

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#590New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 12:25pm

Serious question, does having a POC playing Glinda and now also Boq, change the narrative in the show, when the whole point is that Elphaba is supposed to be different because of the color of her skin?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#591New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 12:38pm

Probably not. She's still the only one who's green.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#592New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/7/21 at 1:49pm

Tag said: "Serious question, does having a POC playing Glinda and now also Boq, change the narrative in the show, when the whole point is that Elphaba is supposed to be different because of the color of her skin?"

I don’t think so. There have been Black Fiyero’s, Black members of the ensemble. A Black Wizard. 

In the world of Wicked, it’s green skin, talking animals, or being a munchkin that seems to stand out.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#593New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/8/21 at 4:45pm

Jordan Levinson said: "James Kerrigan2 said: "Jordan Levinson said: "It’s good to see her, isn’t it?

"

"

Thanks for the confirmation / correction. Playbill Vault said she would be returning tonight.
"

I had also heard she was returning 12/7 and was not pleased when I got last minute tickets to find out she was not back yet. I love Jen DiNoia, I'd just already seen her several times and was looking forward to Lindsay

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
MadisonGuy
#594New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/9/21 at 1:37pm

Can we assume that February 13th will be Ginna Claire’s final performance or will it be earlier? Has there been an announcement?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#595New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/9/21 at 3:15pm

James Kerrigan2 said: "She would be great with Alyssa Fox."

Love this idea.

Wonder how much longer Lindsay Heather Pearce is expected back for.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ElphabaGoodman
#596New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/13/21 at 12:47pm

Allie Trimm will be joining the company, as the standby for Glinda 

hearthemsing22
#597New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/28/21 at 10:51am

I’m confused. Lindsay HP literally just came back to the show. Why are we already questioning who’s next? Give her a chance goodness. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#598New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/28/21 at 12:00pm

LP is not up for the task. How many shows has she done since her start of her run ? 12?

Updated On: 12/28/21 at 12:00 PM

QueenTwinnied
#599New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/28/21 at 12:13pm

Yeah I think Jennifer Dinoia has still done quite a few shows recently after Lindsay’s return.