pixeltracker

Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!

Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 3:37pm

No Charley yet?

Stanley is a very interesting choice for Gussie.
Updated On: 10/11/11 at 03:37 PM

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#3Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:22pm

Colin Donnell as Frank is perfection, so excited for this!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#4Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:23pm

Elizabeth Stanley is such a boring performer.

This whole cast is kind of a snooze-fest right now. Was this really the best they could muster up?

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
gcal
#6Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:33pm

Betsy will be an excellent Beth. Can't wait to hear her "Not a Day Goes By"!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#7Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:34pm

They seem too old to be young and too young to be old.

I liked it better when they were cast older to begin with (the cast led by John Rubenstein, Heather MacRae, Chip Zien, Marin Mazzie, and Mary Gordon Murray was my favorite).

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

bwayfan7000
#8Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:35pm

I don't know the show well enough to judge how appropriate any of this casting is, but I love everyone involved so far. I recently saw Stanley as Lucy in Jekyll and she was anything but boring- she ran away with the whole show.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#9Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:53pm

Elizabeth Stanley was wonderful in the Chicago production of "Xanadu." I think she'll be great in the role.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#10Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 5:18pm

They seem too old to be young and too young to be old.

I actually think casting older performers is the the most effective for this show. It's heart breaking and pathetic to see how their dreams and aspirations crumble; IMHO, watching younger cast members go through this usually never has the same effect.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#11Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 5:28pm

I think you can be flexible with the age of the actors playing the roles. Yes, perhaps older actors bring more gravitas, but the ages of these actors for the concert seem appropriate. Frank, Charlie and Mary are only about 40 (give or take) at the very beginning anyway.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#12Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 5:29pm

Betsy Wolfe seems like more of a Mary and Celia Keenan-Bolger more of a Beth. Interesting.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#14Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 5:34pm

^ She was a finalist for the role. For whatever reason, I guess they decided to go with CKB.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#15Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 6:46pm

I know, Leslie just cannot catch a break.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#16Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 9:41pm

It's so strange to me that her career has never... I guess, taken off? I mean, she gets work, but no huge star turn.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#17Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 10:24pm

Have there been no rumors about who's playing Charlie Kringas?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#18Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 10:44pm

After Lapine eliminated Booby S. he had two excellent finalists for Charley, then he decided to keep looking, he's being a real nudge about it.

Mattbrain
#19Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 10:48pm

Booby S?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

binau Profile Photo
binau
#20Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 10:51pm

Bobby Steggert?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#21Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 11:06pm

I, for one, think that Elizabeth Stanley is a brilliant actress and I'm happy to see she's cast.

Re: Kritzer, It's not like Celia Keenan-Bolger has had a "star turn" either, and I think shes a better choice for the part here. Leslie'll get her due.

broadwaybaby086
#22Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 11:20pm

I am not too familiar with Merrily, but I look forward to seeing Betsy Wolfe. She is a wonderful performer.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#23Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 11:28pm

Not too enthused about Elizabeth Stanley. Never really got her appeal, just a personal preference. I've grown to appreciate Celia, and I'm happy to see Colin in something new. Just keeping fingers crossed they can find a Charley that will tie everything together properly.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#24Celia Keenan-Bolger, Colin Donnell, Betsy Wolfe and Elizabeth Stanley to Star in MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG at Encores!
Posted: 10/11/11 at 11:51pm

Josh Grisetti, Daniel Breaker, Jesse Eisenberg, Lin Manuel Miranda - trying to guess who finalists along with Bobby Steggart might be for Charley Kringas...
Updated On: 10/11/11 at 11:51 PM