Posted: 6/26/13 at 12:43am

Lilla Crawford

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#26Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 12:50am

"Asmeret!

(I haven't even seen this production yet...)"

Agree about Asmeret and also have not yet seen the production.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#27Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 1:10am

PINK is a trapeze artist!

jdrye222 Profile Photo
jdrye222
#28Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 2:59am

JULIA MURNEY please, and thank you.
That would get me to go back.

flyinghighwithwicked
#29Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 8:20am

Donna Vivino would be amazing if we are going color blind casting. She has the voice for it for sure and she's a terrific actress.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#30Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 8:57am

Anika Noni Rose!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#31Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 9:13am

LOL LIlla Crawford

BUT REALLY...I think Tracie Thoms would be great!

carousel94 Profile Photo
carousel94
#32Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 9:47am

I actually kinda love the idea of Pink doing it.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#33Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 9:57am

Yeah. I'd give it a year or so. Maybe the same kind of run as Sister Act. I don't think it's the kind of show that's going to lead itself to multiple casts, etc. This seems like a pretty strong dynamic ensemble, and look what happened to HAIR? It started so strong and then they replaced everybody with musical theater actors who had no sense of the show, etc. and then the show failed.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#34Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 9:59am

So....Raven Symone?

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#35Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 10:47am

Sara Gettlefinger.

I'm not sure if she could pull it off. I saw her in the Addams tour and wasn't a big fan, but I'm not gonna judge her off of one performance.

Jordan, as usual, I can't tell if your post was meant to be sarcastic or not, but I would actually like to see what Raven could do with the role.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#36Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 10:59am

I'm definitely on board with the P!nk idea.

Montego would be an awful choice. She can be the stage manager though. She's proven herself to be good at that.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#37Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 12:06pm

not sure why Pippin is being compared to Sister Act, but Pippin is selling out now and is grossing over $1 million weekly. Something Sister Act never did despite being in a much larger house. Pippin's weekly nut is also lower than Sister Act's. I see Pippin lasting for 3 years or so, just as long as they bring in proper replacements(stars or not).

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#38Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 12:25pm

Anika Noni Rose would get me to move to NY just to see her twenty times, of course she'd never do it, but how great would she be.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#39Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 1:01pm

Uzo Aduba did a reading, I believe. She's a wonderful actress, I'd love to see her take on the role.

rorschach37
#40Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 1:04pm

I think Montego is a fantastic singer and actress.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#41Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 1:07pm

Shoshana Bean! Please!! Someone call her up quickly (well...when Patina's leaving notice gets announced)

Updated On: 6/26/13 at 01:07 PM

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#42Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 1:29pm

Surprised people think Asmeret is beguiling and charismatic enough for this part. I've seen her in a few shows and while she's a wonderful dancer and a lovely singer, she doesn't have the bite, in my opinion.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#43Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 1:39pm

Having "the bite" is the most important quality along with tight dance skills. Im cool with colorblind casting as well as changing gender, so long as they can bring it.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#44Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 1:57pm

Sasha Allen is the name that gets me excited. I love her voice and energy and think she could be very good in this role.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#45Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 2:01pm

I can see Pippin being one of those shows that will run for a while, but will be bringing in lots of talented celebrities as the leads from time to time. Usher would be an interesting Leading Player, not sure if his vocals could handle the score, but his dancing defiantly will! I was surprised when I found out he was in Chicago, how was he? Did anyone see him?

Updated On: 6/26/13 at 02:01 PM

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#46Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 3:16pm

Probably couldn't do it because of Big Fish, but Krystal Joy Brown?

Anyways, isn't it just *a little* soon for people to already be talking about replacements just weeks after Patina winning the Tony? In the short term I just wanna see the show to see her in the role!

Visceral_Fella
#47Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 6:22pm

Usher seems like a realistic replacement especially because of his relationship with Ben Vereen.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#48Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 6:23pm

When Patina leaves, will the Leading Player now be a woman for as long as the production runs?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#49Montego Glover as Leading Player?
Posted: 6/26/13 at 7:00pm

Oh wow! Love the idea of Anika Noni Rose.