Miley Cyrus singing On My Own

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 8:17pm

Here's Miley singing a short version of OMO.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=544951

I've always loved her, and even though she does sound kind of pop here, I think there's a lot of potential.

What do you guys think?

SporkGoddess
#2Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 8:21pm

I thought it was awful. She missed a lot of the notes.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#2Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 8:23pm

It was beautiful at 0:00-0:05, then it just went downhill right after. Her voice is so thin, ick!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 8:27pm

I will say that I anyone here would enjoy that, it would be Jazz.

KathyNYC2
#4Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 8:40pm

Not a fan of hers so it's hard for me to be objective. Didn't care for it.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 8:40pm

Honestly? Nothing more than ordinary. I would think that any good hs singer would have done just as well. (Maybe very good.) In fact, nearly every hs girl DOES sing this song, and many of them just as well.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

N2N Nate. Profile Photo
N2N Nate.
#6Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 8:54pm

I thought she sounded fine. The problem with ON MY OWN is its relatively easy to sing. It's not very hard to sound good on it.

So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#7Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 9:14pm

yikes.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#8Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 9:42pm

She needs to stop, just go away.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Queen of the Night
#9Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 9:58pm

Yeah. Um, not good. I seriously hope Eponine is not in her future! She can't hit the notes and tries to turn it into a pop song. Just no.

Replacement Cast Profile Photo
Replacement Cast
#10Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 10:10pm

Awful. Get that over to Bernie Telsey! The last thing we need is all those Midwesterners spending their hard earned money on Miley Ray Cyrus trying to sing on Broadway. Do us all a favor and stay in your over-produced recording studio.

Nice is different than good.

Phantom4ever
#11Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 10:17pm

I have to give her credit for not auto-tuning herself (which is what we expect in these Glee-ful times), but she was off-key. And tellingly she stopped the song right before the big belty notes came. Maybe she would sing it better with an orchestra?

dramamama611
#12Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 10:21pm

To be fair, most people sound better with accompaniment. (But I won't need to hear her again.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611
#13Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 10:21pm

To be fair, most people sound better with accompaniment. (But I won't need to hear her again.)

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#14Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 10:23pm

i like her voice better than Amanda Siegfried & Roy.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#15Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 10:38pm

That's pretty cool.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#16Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 10:53pm

Awful. The twang turned me right off. She should stick to pop.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#17Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 11:03pm

^Hmph, no she shouldn't. She needs to stay away from pop and go straight to country.

RENT_is_Wicked2
#18Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 11:11pm

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great.

Liza's Headband
#19Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/28/13 at 11:12pm

No.

SuperSecretBoyband Profile Photo
SuperSecretBoyband
#20Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/29/13 at 3:01am

Does she have to riff on every other note?

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#21Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/29/13 at 9:03am

She sounded much better than I expected her to.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#22Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/29/13 at 10:34am

I was bored and decided to try to play the piano accompaniment along with her vocal. I've got good piano skills and it was still hard. Like level 9 of Tetris hard. I did appreciate her attempt to make Eponine sound Irish with some of those runs. The world needs more Irish Eponines.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#23Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/29/13 at 12:10pm

We are not talking about a professional recording here. It's not like she actually worked with a musical director like any actress would before performing on a show, she's not really performing the song. This was probably just her messing around with the voice memos on her iPhone.

Citygirl.grace Profile Photo
Citygirl.grace
#24Miley Cyrus singing On My Own
Posted: 7/29/13 at 12:17pm

I think this sounds good as a song for her album... but for sure not for Broadway.