pixeltracker

Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have- Page 3

Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#50Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 3:02pm

I would also add seeing Patti in Anything Goes was very special. I always say it was my first gay experience. My first sexual experience would come later.

buddy 11432 Profile Photo
buddy 11432
#51Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 3:58pm

August, 1960

Saw Jackie Gleason in "Take Me Along" at a Wedneday matinee
Ethel Merman in "Gypsy" that night
Mary Martin in "The Sound of Music" the next night.

KathyNYC2
#52Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 4:40pm

Recently..Opening night of Kinky Boots and even better - the night after Billy Porter & co won many Tony Awards.

Not opening night... but first shows for quite a few of the Matilda's and the final night for Sophia Gennusa. Very touching evenings..

From way back when?..I have to think about that a bit..

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#53Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 5:08pm

Can't believe I forgot! I saw the first preview of the current On the Town revival. One of the best nights of theatre I have had!

forgetmenotnyc Profile Photo
forgetmenotnyc
#54Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 5:51pm

I saw 'Moose Murders' & 'Frankenstein' & was so young - I thought both of them were super!

I was at a matinee performance of the original 'Nine' when construction work on the outside of the wall behind the stage caused dust to come raining down & the decision to stop the show for a bit.

The Lincoln Center Follies had Mandy Patinkin getting tongue-tied & having to start over again with one of his solos & Carol Burnett's cue cards manned behind a screen for 'I'm Still Here' w/bright lights blinding the front orchestra seats so that she could read them clear enough.

Updated On: 12/1/14 at 05:51 PM

HighFlyingAdored97 Profile Photo
HighFlyingAdored97
#55Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 5:57pm

I saw Hedwig twice in one day the Sunday before NPH left

"The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#56Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 5:58pm

Perhaps this isn’t so special, as it ran for two full months, but I had the great privilege to see Complicite’s MNEMONIC in 2001, which remains the greatest theater experience of my life.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#57Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 6:37pm

Opening nights of "Once" and the current production of "On the Town."

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#58Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 7:45pm

Since people are putting Bridges and Big Fish, I will add those as well!

I was lucky to see:
Bridges of Madison County
Big Fish (twice)
First night of If/Then in D.C.
I will be seeing Angela Lansbury's last show of Blithe Spirit in D.C. from third row (thank you early ticket sales).
Little Dancer in D.C.
Sweeney Todd at the Lincoln Center (being even remotely in the same arena as Stephen Sondheim makes my life.)

But the one I hold most dearly is seeing Dame Janet Suzman and Khayalethu Anthony in a play called Solomon and Marion written by Lara Foot as part of the World Stages event that the Kennedy Center put on. I was front row and moved beyond belief. It still remains to be my favorite play I have ever seen and read and I swear Janet Suzman looked me straight in the eye during their curtain call and smiled at me because I was crying.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#59Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 8:05pm

Last Preview and last performance of Violet on Broadway
Jackie Burns and Idina Menzel in If/Then
Anneleigh Ashford as Elle Woods in Legally Blonde
Opening night of Wonderland (Ugh)
Second to last performance of Bonnie and Clyde
The matinee of Annie the day of the Tonys

I always love going backstage after shows (Rock of Ages, Mary Poppins and Wicked)

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#60Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 8:10pm

I got to see Newsies during it's closing weekend (Sat) and I also got to see the last performance of Ripley Sobo in Matilda.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#61Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 9:22pm

The best Broadway experience I have had to date happened two months ago, when I stood on the stage of The Broadway Theatre after Cinderella. It was just so surreal.

I've also had great times at Encores' Little Me when I accidentally ran into Christian Borle...and after A Little Night Music when I saw both Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch up close. Nice Work If You Can Get It was probably my best experience at a show overall- from the music to the performances to the stage door and everything in between.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Chowsie Profile Photo
Chowsie
#62Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 9:48pm

I saw the third preview of Into the Woods (whatever happened to that show?)

I saw the first Saturday matinee preview of Carrie

First preview of the Tyne Daly Gypsy

The final dress rehearsal of the benefit concert of Company at Lincoln Center with the original cast

Chess in concert at Carnegie Hall (original cast)

Elaine Paige's first night in Sunset Boulevard (ended up with a cancelation ticket in a great seat sitting next to her sister or maybe it was her cousin)

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#63Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 10:00pm

Saw Liza on her first night in Chicago replacing the ailing Gwen Verdon. Had no clue until I saw the board in the lobby.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#64Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 10:17pm

-If/Then: Pre-Broadway performance in my home city AND Idina Menzel
-Aladdin: Seeing both a Tony winner and a Disney voice actor, repeating his role was a treat
-Matilda: Bertie and Lauren's performances were phenomenal!
-Anything Goes: Sutton was my first Broadway star I've ever saw on the Broadway stage and it was my first show with Laura Osnes

beilis32
#65Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 10:17pm

I saw Idina Menzel in Pittsburgh, and then afterwards I got to speak with her and she gave me hug!!! She was a bit sick that night (you would never know except she kept making jokes about it) so I said she was very brave to preform sick...I was at a loss for words..and she said yeah, it's kind of rough when you're not 100%. So I just said "oh, it's okay" And then I thought, did I really just tell Idina Menzel that it's okay? Of course it is! The whole thing was one of the most surreal, best experiences of my life.

brldisteach2
#66Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/1/14 at 10:49pm

Lion King in Minneapolis during its pre-Broadway run.

The re-opening night for Cabaret in the late 90s-Jennifer Jason Leigh and Blair Brown's first night in the show.

Scottsboro Boys and Intelligent Homosexuals Guide...also in pre-New York runs.

Press night for Next to Normal.

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
peacelovemagic1
#67Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/2/14 at 12:36am

Not sure why it posted 3 times, sorry!
Updated On: 12/2/14 at 12:36 AM

peacelovemagic1
#68Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have

null Updated On: 12/2/14 at 12:36 AM

peacelovemagic1
#69Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have

-Newsies closing weekend (Friday night, Saturday Night, Sunday show)
-First preview for On The Town
-Last show for Matt Doyle and Nikki M James in Book of Mormon
-Seeing Bridges
-Going backstage at Gypsy (the one with Patti Lupone) at a very young age and getting to stand on my first Broadway stage
-Jasper In Deadland closing weekend
-Last show for Gabe Ebert and six of the kids in Matilda

Wilmingtom
#70Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/2/14 at 1:23am

The performance of A Chorus Line when it became the longest running show in Broadway history. With a cast of 330 (they used the entire Booth Theatre as a dressing room) including the OC, it was the most astounding thing I have ever seen. Shubert Alley was cordoned off and covered with a tent for the pre- and after-parties. It was a spectacular event.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#71Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/2/14 at 1:37am

JCM's first preview performance as Hedwig on Broadway!

(or do we have to wait until something happens to post here?)

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#72Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/2/14 at 9:15pm

My wife saw Katherine Hepburn and a young Christopher Reeve in the Broadway play "Matter of Gravity" which I believe only had 70 something performances. Seeing a acting legend and a real cute guy (lol)in her opinion who would later become a major star was something she felt pretty lucky to see.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#73Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/2/14 at 9:23pm

Haterobics, it took me a couple of seconds to get your joke!

I don't have as many special recollections as I would like because I didn't attend the theater for many years and came back to it quite recently. Alas.

But I would count as highlights seeing the original Pippin with Ben Vereen and Sweeney Todd with Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury. I also remember seeing National Lampoon's Lemmings off Broadway with John Belushi and Chevy Chase. My date at the time had been a classmate of Alice Playten, and we went to see her.

Modern amazements include the wonderful recent Twelfth Night with Mark Rylance and Samuel Barnett. How I love the dancing the cast does at the end!

Updated On: 12/2/14 at 09:23 PM

Gothampc
#74Shows/Events/Occurrences that you were lucky enough to see/have
Posted: 12/2/14 at 9:29pm

So many to try and remember.

Rent while it was still at NYTW and they couldn't give tickets away

Nick & Nora twice

Carousel with a then unknown Audra McDonald

Emma Thompson in Sweeney Todd

Othello with James Earl Jones, Christopher Plummer, Dianne Wiest and an unknown Kelsey Grammer

Othello with Raul Julia and Christopher Walken

starry The Seagull (Streep, Kline, Hoffman, et al)

Whistle Down The Wind in London

Judi Dench in Amy's View (Broadway) and The Royal Family (London)

Patricia Routledge in The Importance of Being Earnest

Master Class with Dixie Carter

So many others

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Videos