pixeltracker

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want- Page 4

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#75The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 1:16pm

There is a recording of the 1993 revival of SHE LOVES ME but it doesn't have the complete original revival cast.  It's missing Judy Kuhn.

I want it with her!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#76The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 1:18pm

An obscure musical about the Vietnam war written by Jim Steinman called "More Than You Deserve" would make an interesting studio cast album

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 8/13/15 at 01:18 PM

neonlightsxo
#77The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 1:32pm

Little Miss Sunshine.

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#78The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 2:41pm

There's many, but right now, I really wish they would have recorded the recent Carousel with Laura and Steven. I'd also would have really liked a recording of the recent Les Mis production (the opening cast, minus Nikki M. James, good Lord - who decided that was a good idea?). 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#79The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 3:00pm

I don't have a particular production in mind, but I'd love to see (hear) another English-language recording of Aspects of Love.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#80The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 3:10pm

"There's many, but right now, I really wish they would have recorded the recent Carousel with Laura and Steven. I'd also would have really liked a recording of the recent Les Mis production (the opening cast, minus Nikki M. James, good Lord - who decided that was a good idea?)."

You know that there was a live radio broadcast right? It's a professional live recording. You can't buy it, but it's very easy to find. PM me if you are interested. 

Junior Babcock Profile Photo
Junior Babcock
#81The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 4:00pm

1974 revival of "Good News."

I know there was a pirated version out there somewhere because I once had the LP. Foolishly sold it when I for rid of my LP's. ??

Alessio2
#82The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 4:01pm

Harmony with the original LA cast that was done at the Ahmanson. A really great score!

VintageSnarker
#83The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 4:07pm

"I'd love to have a copy of Michael John Lachiusa's The Highest Yellow with the original Signature Theatre (VA) cast of Jason Danieley, Judy Kuhn, and Marc Kudisch."

I did not know this musical existed until I looked it up just now but now I want an album too.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#84The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 4:20pm

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want

"Mmmmmmm...cast album never recorded you want."

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Roscoe
#85The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 4:24pm

I'd buy the cast album to Dave Malloy's PRELUDES -- that trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro was marvelous.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#86The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 4:52pm

"Jesus Christ Superstar - 2012 Broadway Revival Cast (Josh Young<3)"

I'd buy it if he wasn't on it. Jeremy Kushnier was leagues better as a singer (though I will admit Young had the acting down pat). Judas needs to be a rock tenor; I love Josh Young's voice, but not as Judas -- he quite frankly sounded like I imagine Josh Groban would if he were attempting to play the part. Not the right type for it. It worked on stage, but the same performance would not translate so well on a CD, I feel.

"A proper English-language translation of Tanz der Vampire. (And no, the English demo doesn't count.)"

Oh, and we were so close to one, too. Oh well. Best-laid plans of mice and men...

"An obscure musical about the Vietnam war written by Jim Steinam called "More Than You Deserve" would make an interesting studio cast album"

Steinman, Mr. Roxy. In hearing the show (there is an archival recording of the matinee and evening performances on closing night at the NYPL; a copy was recently released, with Steinman's permission, amongst his fan community and I can provide you with it if you like -- excellent quality for its age), it seems like its satiric sensibilities are more in line with today's entertainment (especially in the wake of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report) than with the mid-to-late Seventies. Unlikely to get a studio recording, but I, too, would like to hear more than just demos and audience tapes.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky
Updated On: 8/13/15 at 04:52 PM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#87The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:17pm

I saw Kushnier do Iago in Othello in my city, and immediately rushed home to watch him in Superstar. Pretty amazing.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#88The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:26pm

d.g.e.l.g.i

Corrected spelling of his name . A copy would be great. Thanks. Are you talking of an audio or video? Either one would be great

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 8/13/15 at 05:26 PM

homeimp
#89The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:28pm

As far as I know BIlly Elliot remains the only Tony winning Best Musical not to be given a cast recording. The marvelous cast deserved it. I also vote for the original Toronto cast of Godspell. Never to be equalled

VintageSnarker
#90The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:31pm

"I'd buy the cast album to Dave Malloy's PRELUDES -- that trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro was marvelous."

You'll be able to. I wasn't crazy about the show but I'd like to hear Nikki M. James' solo and On a Loop again. 

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#91The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:40pm

It's so difficult to pick just one!

THE VAMP with Carol Channing
HOT SPOT with Judy Holliday
LA STRADA with Bernadette Peters
GEORGY with Dylis Watling and Melissa Hart
MOLLY with Kaye Ballard
HOME SWEET HOMER with Yul Brunner and Joan Diener
MARILYN AN AMERICAN FABLE
RAGGEDY ANN with Ivy Austin
INTO THE LIGHT with Dean Jones
SMILE OBC with full orchestrations
CARRIE full OBC with all the original songs
SHOGUN
THE RED SHOES

Updated On: 8/13/15 at 05:40 PM

mikey2573
#92The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:51pm

The Sandy Duncan PETER PAN revival. 

The Broadway cast (and score) of A CHRISTMAS STORY (including all the new lyrics, the different versions of songs and "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out"The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want but with the original cast from Broadway. 

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#93The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:54pm

Oh, how could I forget this gem: In My Life. Remember this one? I really enjoyed it. Also, I would have liked Cry Baby. So, so many. 

Edit: The recent Show Boat production with Lauren Worsham and Norm Lewis. 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 8/13/15 at 05:54 PM

beilis32
#94The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 8:12pm

"I saw Kushnier do Iago in Othello in my city, and immediately rushed home to watch him in Superstar. Pretty amazing."

Are you from Pittsburgh? Because I saw his Iago too, and it was freaking BRILLIANT! Then I found some Youtube videos of Kushnier singing, and was impressed. He's very talented indeed!

#1CarrieFan
#95The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 8:49pm

Hands down my answer to this topic would be OBC recording of Carrie, with Linzie Hately and Betty Buckly. I swear you guys this as can Mandelbaun points out was a theatrical high. I also wish for recordings of The Three Penny Oprah with Sting, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever with Jesse and I remain a sucker wishing for the production of A Change In The Heir that took place at the old Edison Theater.

undercoveractor Profile Photo
undercoveractor
#96The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 8:57pm

LOVE LIFE

ROMANCE IN HARD TIMES

ANYONE CAN WHISTLE (Encores!)....That was Donna Murphy performance that needed to be preserved. 

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#97The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 9:24pm

I have the Marilyn cast recording with Stephanie Lawrence. It is really good. 

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

broadwayboy223
#98The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:50pm

^^Is there a cast album or are you talking about her Marilyn tribute album?

NewsiesForever Profile Photo
NewsiesForever
#99The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:54pm

I would have loved if they had made a cast album for the Newsies closing cast. Corey Cott, Ben Fanhauser, Andy Richardson, Giuseppe Bausilios, Nico Greetham, Tommy Martinez, Danny Quadrino. 

Also I wish that they would have made a cast album from Ever After. If they are not going to take it to Broadway, still hope they do, I wish that they would have made a cast album.