pixeltracker

Hedwig tour set for early October 2016- Page 4

Hedwig tour set for early October 2016

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#75Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/4/16 at 5:58pm

I was hoping they'd try something different for Los Angeles, like booking the Wilshire in Beverly Hills or the Wallis Annenberg while it's produced for the Pantages. I'm assuming this tour is being fitted for these big spaces? 

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#76Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/4/16 at 6:51pm

What do u mean "fitted?" It'll be the exact same design from Broadway, which played a traditional house. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#77Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/4/16 at 6:58pm

Aren't tours generally "fitted" for the smallest houses they're touring to? The bigger stages just have masking on three sides framing whatever kind of false proscenium the show is touring with. That's been my observation.

theoriginoflove
#78Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:24am

After a lot of speculation, I've come to the conclusion that there is a good chance that Darren Criss will be playing Hedwig on tour. 

His picture is used for all of the promos.

Ex. https://www.instagram.com/p/_Ka875r34w/?taken-by=hedwigonbway

Ex2. http://hollywoodpantages.com/showinfo.php?id=69

And, he was very popular on Broadway, so therefore, they want his name on the tour to bring in more people. 

However, I pray everyday that JCM will open the Hedwig tour. Darren is still pretty cool, though. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#79Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:33am

theoriginoflove, while I understand where you're coming from, I think they've been using Darren's likeness simply because that photograph is a pretty eye-catching one, and people who aren't familiar with the show on Broadway won't know a) that Darren was in it, and b) that that's him in that photo. I think that's just placeholder promotional material until they cast someone whose face they can use. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#80Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:40am

theoriginoflove has the right idea.

yanks02
#81Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/6/16 at 2:55am

That's an interesting idea, theoriginoflove, I hadn't thought about that. They keep saying casting is coming soon, I wonder when it will actually be announced? I also wonder if the same Hedwig will tour the entire time, surely not... that seems like a long time!

skies Profile Photo
skies
#82Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/6/16 at 3:43am

theoriginoflove said: "

And, he was very popular on Broadway, so therefore, they want his name on the tour to bring in more people."

Of  all the Hedwigs (Six of em) the only one Darren bested per ticket sales  was Taye Diggs.  They may cast him, but it won't be because of his stellar box office during his BW run.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren
Updated On: 3/6/16 at 03:43 AM

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#83Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/6/16 at 8:39am

Darren did a fine job but I'm interested in seeing someone new on tour. Or John. Or Lena.

I also can't see someone (especially someone so young whose biggest moneymaker is his face) going through the physical transformation again. Losing the weight to be that thin was something Andrew and MCH both hated and talked about at stage door all the time, and I'm sure he felt the same even though he was still bulky.

I keep thinking if they actually have someone for the tour they'd announce it since it isn't selling all that well.

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#84Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/6/16 at 2:26pm

I know it doesn't technically belong on this thread, but while we're discussing Darren Criss - I still maintain that he's trying for one of the Hamilton tours - probably Chicago.  He's a fit ethnicity wise, and he sends out a pretty constant rounds of tweets on the show and to Lin-Manuel. He's growing his hair longer.  Not saying he gets it, but you have to think that would be his first choice; he's done Hedwig.  Unless he can't get work, I'd think he'd want to try something new.  AH doesn't require great singing voice.  I think Darren fits the bill quite well - decent dancer - if only he can remember all the lyrics....   

Sorry to hijack the Hedwig thread - couldn't resist.     If he's Hedwig - that works too obviously.

FindingNamo
#85Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/6/16 at 2:39pm

"..since it isn't selling all that well."

Travel exhausts Hedwig.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#86Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:54am

The Hedwig tour will be stopping at the Kennedy Center from June 13, 2017 – July 2, 2017!

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#87Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/8/16 at 12:07pm

When will we find out who is playing Hedwig on tour??? I've been dying to see it again since TAYE DIGGS caused the show to close early ... PLEASE LET IT BE JCM!!!

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#88Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/8/16 at 12:46pm

looks like the tour will likely run a full year with the Washington DC dates running into July. I'm guessing we'll see several different Hedwig's for the tour, likely doing 3-4 month stints.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#89Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/8/16 at 12:54pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "When will we find out who is playing Hedwig on tour??? I've been dying to see it again since TAYE DIGGS caused the show to close early ... PLEASE LET IT BE JCM!!!

"

The show was performing barely okay since Darren Criss and Rebecca Naomi Jones started. DC got the weakest opening out of all Hedwigs. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 3/8/16 at 12:54 PM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#90Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/8/16 at 12:56pm

A Canadian in NYC said: "I know it doesn't technically belong on this thread, but while we're discussing Darren Criss - I still maintain that he's trying for one of the Hamilton tours - probably Chicago.  He's a fit ethnicity wise, and he sends out a pretty constant rounds of tweets on the show and to Lin-Manuel. 

"

Um no. Darren Criss does not have Hamilton in him. I could see him as King George on Bway one day, but that's about it.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#91Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/8/16 at 8:48pm

Valentina3 said: "Um no. Darren Criss does not have Hamilton in him. I could see him as King George on Bway one day, but that's about it."

Err, are you intentionally bringing up the "Darren isn't white" conversation on here?!

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#92Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/8/16 at 9:40pm

I assumed he was going for the Anthony Ramos track.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#93Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/9/16 at 10:12am

haterobics said: "Valentina3 said: "Um no. Darren Criss does not have Hamilton in him. I could see him as King George on Bway one day, but that's about it."

- Err, are you intentionally bringing up the "Darren isn't white" conversation on here?!

"

How am I bringing up "Darren isn't white" conversation? If anything, playing George would make him the only intentionally white guy on stage, based on current production - which is not even true in this case because he is half-filipino from his dad's side. I can see him do a comic goofy role, but I never enjoyed his serious acting when he was on Glee. He goes straight from 0 to 10 when he's being serious (re: he always cries) and that's not at all what Hamilton the character is like. He also has a great pop voice - which would be perfect for George.

Updated On: 3/9/16 at 10:12 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#94Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/9/16 at 10:29am

half-Phillipines

Oh, dear!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#95Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:03pm

LizzieCurry said: "half-Phillipines

Oh, dear!

"

Fixed, apologies.

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#96Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/9/16 at 2:00pm

Valentina3 said: "haterobics said: "Valentina3 said: "Um no. Darren Criss does not have Hamilton in him. I could see him as King George on Bway one day, but that's about it."

- Err, are you intentionally bringing up the "Darren isn't white" conversation on here?!

"

How am I bringing up "Darren isn't white" conversation? If anything, playing George would make him the only intentionally white guy on stage, based on current production - which is not even true in this case because he is half-filipino from his dad's side. I can see him do a comic goofy role, but I never enjoyed his serious acting when he was on Glee. He goes straight from 0 to 10 when he's being serious (re: he always cries) and that's not at all what Hamilton the character is like. He also has a great pop voice - which would be perfect for George.

"Mom's side actually.   but point taken.  However isn't KG3 required to be Caucasian?  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#97Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/9/16 at 2:07pm

A Canadian in NYC said: "However isn't KG3 required to be Caucasian?"

Yes.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#98Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/9/16 at 2:08pm

^ Andrew Chapelle covers King George, so I'm going to say - it is not required for him to be white. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 3/9/16 at 02:08 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#99Hedwig tour set for early October 2016
Posted: 3/9/16 at 2:21pm

Well, yeah, they may have a non-Caucasian person as a cover... but that is different than casting the role that way.

I'm just going by Lin's own cast breakdown:

"KING GEORGE:
Caucasian, 30s-40s, Tenor, British accent. The King of England. Entitled, pouty nihilist. Sees the American Colonies as a deluded former lover, who will come crawling back. Rufus Wainwright meets King Herod in JCS."