Next up at the Longacre

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 5:03pm

considering there's already five other threads on this & the vultures are circling already, what's next? The GYPSY revival with Imelda?? The MOTOWN tour? Another GUYS & DOLLS revival? A 2nd production of HAMILTON? Move WICKED into this theater?? Thoughts??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#2Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 5:05pm

I'm going to play it safe and guess: A BROADWAY SHOW

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#3Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 5:17pm

Motown is going into the Nederlander.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#4Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 6:28pm

But what if, and this is a big IF, disaster becomes a hit and wants to extend? Now town would need to find a new theatre.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#5Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 6:48pm

No, Disaster would have to find a new theatre since I'm guessing Motown has signed a contract for Nederlander.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#6Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 7:15pm

If something wedges its way in this season, I seriously doubt it would be an original musical. It would be either a play or a musical revival, in my opinion. Could the West End Gypsy take it?

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#7Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 7:36pm

I remember reading somewhere that there was a rumor Prince of Broadway was looking into taking the theatre for the spring.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#8Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 8:13pm

I believe that would be Michael Riedel's column...

http://nypost.com/2015/11/12/beloved-star-trek-actor-is-now-the-asian-betty-white/

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#9Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 8:25pm

What about that Smokey Joe's Revival for the summer? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 8:53pm

both SMOKEY JOE'S & PRINCE OF BROADWAY aren't due to arrive until Fall 2016. The GYPSY option was just a joke, as was the GUYS & DOLLS revival & a 2nd HAMILTON on B'way.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#11Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 9:03pm

If BANDSTAND is still intent on coming to Broadway, could they snatch up the Longacre?

Call_me_jorge
#12Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 9:16pm

Doesn't Laura have a lot of concerts planned this year?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

AEA AGMA SM
#13Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 9:21pm

Whether she does or doesn't is not a major problem. Concerts get cancelled all the time (or a star replaced, if she was going to be appearing with an established company). Not saying that Bandstand is or isn't coming in, but if the money and the theatre are both lined up they won't worry about delaying because of her concert schedule.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#14Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 9:26pm

I believe Bandstand is coming next season.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#15Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 9:39pm

ACL2006 said: "2nd HAMILTON on B'way."

Best idea of the century.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ebontoyan
#16Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 9:51pm

^Agree. And Lin Manuel and Javier can switch theater houses every other day??!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 10:06pm

What about  a revival of The Civil War or Wonderland?

Wink Wink

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 1/6/16 at 10:06 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#18Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 10:52pm

This season is pretty lack luster with new plays. Anything regional circling? 

Prince of Broadway seems a little too big for that space. 

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#19Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 11:00pm

Is Rear Window with Kevin Bacon still trying to come in?

Call_me_jorge
#20Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 11:20pm

RippedMan said: "This season is pretty lack luster with new plays. Anything regional circling? 

Prince of Broadway seems a little too big for that space. "

Lack luster? This season seems like the most exciting one to date.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#21Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 11:27pm

^yeah, was gonna say. The HumansKing Charles IIIEclipsed... Sure, the quantity of new plays might not be large, but the quality is ridiculously good this season. Even when you get further down the barrel into the Miserys and the Thérèse Raquins, it's a pretty great season for both musicals and plays across the board.

Updated On: 1/6/16 at 11:27 PM

Broadwaystar2
#22Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/6/16 at 11:36pm

It's "NERDS".

Broadway kid 2
#23Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/7/16 at 12:25am

Broadwaystar2 said: "It's "NERDS".

"

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#24Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/7/16 at 12:37am

I don't know how long it has been like this, but http://nerdsbroadway.com is up and running, but says nothing about the theatre or timeframe.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#25Next up at the Longacre
Posted: 1/7/16 at 1:07am

Those 3 aren't even enough to fill out a Best Play category. That's all I'm saying. Not talking about quality.