pixeltracker

HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!- Page 2

HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#25HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:24pm

I really hope they don't do a medley- not that the show really needs a stellar performance to sell tickets, but medleys are rarely as effective as one full number from the show. My Shot seems to be the most logical choice for the Tonys.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

pupscotch
#26HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:35pm

I'd love for them to do "Room Where It Happens" at the Tonys. It's an excellent showcase for Leslie, and features most of the cast, but I feel like they will do "Non-Stop", as it is a huge number featuring the whole cast.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#27HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:42pm

(oops! deleted!)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 2/3/16 at 12:42 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#28HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:44pm

FWIW, I think "My Shot" should be the go-to number for these kinds of performances.

It's not even my favorite song, but I think it best captures the spirit and energy of the show.

Alexander Hamilton would be my second choice.

(If I was picking, I would choose "The Room Where It Happens"HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!

....but the world goes 'round

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#29HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:52pm

If we are playing "I wish for this but know it would never happen," I think "Wait for It" would have been amazing for the Grammy Awards, if only because it is the one song that could (with edits) have a real shot of getting radio play....which is one of the few things that eludes them.

NewsiesForever Profile Photo
NewsiesForever
#30HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 12:52pm

So they are not going to be performing at the Grammy Award Show live in LA. They are going to perform one of the numbers from the show from the theater via satellite. Then they are going to show a live shot of the cast and crew while they give them their Grammy....which will be conveniently waiting backstage. 

ardiem
#31HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 1:12pm

macnyc said: "Next question: How do we get to be in the audience that night at the Richard Rodgers when the number is performed??"

Seconded! Any word on this?

Updated On: 2/3/16 at 01:12 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 1:14pm

After Eight said: ""Overexposed?" More like shoved in our faces and down our throats at every opportunity --- or more accurately, inopportunity."

I, too, was shocked when I came into this thread only to find that it was about Hamilton! 

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#33HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 1:23pm

ardiem said: "macnyc said: "Next question: How do we get to be in the audience that night at the Richard Rodgers when the number is performed??"

Seconded! Any word on this?"

Sure, $400 a pop for a 4 minute performance. 

(People would actually pay that ...)

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#34HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 1:23pm

I never get the "oh it's doing alright why do a performance on TV" mindset.

Sure word of mouth is great in the theatre community and that word of mouth is seeping into the mainstream but it's hardly the universal obsession some make it out to be. I mostly know non-theatre-people who have heard of it and the hype but are getting around to checking it out. This performance would eliminate the need to seek it out by casting the spotlight on a monumental scale even bigger than the Tony Awards.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated
Updated On: 2/3/16 at 01:23 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#35HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 1:45pm

I have no doubt that Lin will want to highlight Leslie as he is the best shot they have at an acting win.

What about Renee Elise Goldsberry?

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#36HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 2:55pm

"Why is HAMILTON doing this? Why not? I think it's great. Also, believe it or not, HAMILTON is not a known commodity for most of the country."

True. I live in the DC area, and I when I told people I was seeing it, I usually had to explain what it was.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#37HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 3:36pm

Guess Fun Home is just chopped liver

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#38HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:23pm

ZellMorrowsPledge said: "Guess Fun Home is just chopped liver"

Let's boycott the telecast until they agree to open the show with Sydney Lucas singing Ring of Keys prompted by K.D. Lang making a cameo as the delivery woman.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#39HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 5:32pm

If Lin is still going to be releasing the Hamilton Mixtape sometime soon, this will be fantastic promotion. Plus, the show is the biggest cultural phenomenon since "Rent" (sorry "Mormon" and "Wicked"HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards! and will likely win a Grammy for best cast recording. The cast recording made many critic's best-of-2015 lists and many thought it would be nominated for Album of the Year. The only shows I can think of that have performed on the Grammy Awards in the last 30/35 years are "American Idiot" and "Evita." This is pretty huge!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Tandrews
#40HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 5:34pm

Anyone remember American Idiot on the Grammys? As others have stated, it's a great way to plug the Tony Awards on CBS in June. Bad news for everyone else is that ticket prices are sure to increase once again...

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#41HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 5:37pm

SO pumped for this! While I think their song selection is fine, I would have loved for Room Where It Happens to be featured...

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#42HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 6:41pm

Doesn't "Alexander Hamilton" have the whole cast, except George III [which would also be true of "My Shot"]?

In spite of the general love for "My Shot" - I've always thought that the opening number is a better introduction to the show for the uninitiated. (I also prefer it as a song). 

Updated On: 2/3/16 at 06:41 PM

ZellMorrowsPledge
#43HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:03pm

Cupid Boy2 said: "ZellMorrowsPledge said: "Guess Fun Home is just chopped liver"

Let's boycott the telecast until they agree to open the show with Sydney Lucas singing Ring of Keys prompted by K.D. Lang making a cameo as the delivery woman.

"

LIKE IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR

ebontoyan
#44HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 7:37pm

The Hamilton cast recording is far more superior than the Fun Home cast recording. My opinion anyways.  A minority opinion on this board. But it looks like the Grammys agree with me!!! lol

PS: I thought the FH cast recording (except for Days and Days) was so underwhelming it didn't make me want to go (and I still haven't) watch FH!  I have seen Hamilton 2x and have tix to see in May for the third time and the cast recording is in constant rewind!

Updated On: 2/3/16 at 07:37 PM

mpkie
#45HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 8:13pm

They must be so psyched, and I'm super happy for them. Reminds me of that interview Jimmy Fallon did where he told Lin he was so proud of him even though he doesn't know him. I feel the same for these guys, even though I have never seen the show and have never listened to the OBC album. It's awesome and it totally, totally helps they are such down-to-earth humble people. I like to think they're us, especially Lin, but a lot more talented and more hardworking. They're movers and shakers, and well, I'm a watcher and listener. HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!

Lin mentioned they are doing the opening number (guess what, I don't know what that is!), and it's surely going to be a great performance!

And I am okay not seeing this for, I dunno, the next ten years until I can actually get a reasonable ticket, haha. Oy.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#46HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 8:22pm

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "If Lin is still going to be releasing the Hamilton Mixtape sometime soon, this will be fantastic promotion. Plus, the show is the biggest cultural phenomenon since "Rent" (sorry "Mormon" and "Wicked"HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards! and will likely win a Grammy for best cast recording. The cast recording made many critic's best-of-2015 lists and many thought it would be nominated for Album of the Year. The only shows I can think of that have performed on the Grammy Awards in the last 30/35 years are "American Idiot" and "Evita." This is pretty huge!"

You forgot to list the lion king with Bom and wicked.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ZellMorrowsPledge
#47HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 9:05pm

Obviously Hamilton will win the Grammy, it deserves it. But Fun Home's score is exceptional. I hope it isn't forgotten or overshadowed by Ham come Grammy time

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#48HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 9:28pm

^^ How will it not be overshadowed? 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#49HAMILTON to Perform on This Year's Grammy Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:36pm

mpkie said: "They must be so psyched, and I'm super happy for them. Reminds me of that interview Jimmy Fallon did where he told Lin he was so proud of him even though he doesn't know him. I feel the same for these guys, even though I have never seen the show and have never listened to the OBC album. It's awesome and it totally, totally helps they are such down-to-earth humble people. I like to think they're us, especially Lin, but a lot more talented and more hardworking. They're movers and shakers, and well, I'm a watcher and listener.  Lin mentioned they are doing the opening number (guess what, I don't know what that is!), and it's surely going to be a great performance! And I am okay not seeing this for, I dunno, the next ten years until I can actually get a reasonable ticket, haha. Oy."

Maybe the most sarcastic-sounding comment ever!

Great job to Hamilton, very exciting for them.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."