pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 4

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

watchmesoar
#75FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 6:35am

"in terms of a theater, it just might be the New Amsterdam. They could move Aladdin to a smaller theater like they did with Lion King."

New Amsterdam: 1747
Minskoff: 1710

Was moving Lion King really because of the size of the theatre? Or did I misinterpret your message?

I'm German. Get used to the weird wording, spelling and/or grammar.

BroadMagTech
#76FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 7:02am

They moved it to the Minskoff because the wanted to put Mary Poppins in the New Amsterdam.

A1st
#77FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 7:32am

I'm guessing they move Aladdin to Lunt-Fontanne and the open Frozen at the New Amsterdam 

ViniFromBrazil
#78FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 8:21am

Don't get me wrong, but for me the idea of Olaf being played by an adult is just awkward. I mean, not only he IS a child on the movie, but also he's small and adorable. Having Josh Gad in this being a human-size snowman doesn't strike me as believable. Unless they do something crazy like Farquat in Shrek.

Liza's Headband
#79FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 8:30am

How do we even know Olaf will be human? Couldn't it be a puppet?

alliesinger Profile Photo
alliesinger
#80FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 9:07am

jbroadway4 said: "Elsa: Lena Hall or Anneliese Van Der Pol

Even just thinking about what Lena Hall as Elsa would be like has totally made my day.

Side note... am I naive for thinking this is going to cut into the Wicked gross, even in a small way? Isn't it pretty much the same demo?

Updated On: 2/10/16 at 09:07 AM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#81FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 9:49am

I chuckled at whoever said the show "wouldn't have legs" if it wasn't good. Well, neither did Ariel...HAHAHAHAHA! Oh Lord. Bad joke alert.

Anyway- I am excited to see what they'll do with this. It won't be easy to recreate the story effectively onstage, but if they can pull it off, it could be wonderful. As an aside, if they could cut the Gargoyles for Hunchback, they could cut the Trolls from this one.

And yes, the score needs to be expanded- and I agree with CindersGolightly about the Act 1 finale.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#82FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 9:52am

Here are some of my casting ideas:

Anna:
Emily Behny
Erin Mackey

Elsa:
Ashley Spencer
Betsy Wolfe

Kristoff:
John Arthur Greene
Paul Alexander Nolan
Matthew James Thomas

Olaf:
Andrew Keenan-Bolger
Ben Platt

Hans:
Derek Klena

a-mad
#83FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 10:11am

I hope they don't cut the trolls out.  I think it's a completely different scenario than cutting the gargoyles out of Hunchback.  The trolls play a very integral part of the plotline for Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.  I'm not sure how you necessarily change all that.

That being said... I actually think they could be very clever in how they stage the trolls, with the rocks that roll and then turn into the troll-form.  I could see some interesting costume and design work there... and I actually think you could flesh out the trolls a bit and add 1-2 more songs related to their role in the plot.

Sue me... but I think "Fixer Upper" is underrated.  I think it could be a terrific big group number with some great harmonies and instrumentation.

I also agree with the other poster that "For the First Time in Forever" will be the big underlying theme throughout the musical and could make for some powerful moments... esp. when Anna and Elsa are singing it simultaneously.

Updated On: 2/10/16 at 10:11 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#84FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 10:29am

They are not cutting them out. The trolls are very important in the original fairytale and pretty much caused Kristoff/Kai to be kidnapped by the Snow Queen.

Anyway, if Anastasia comes to Broadway in 2018, it'll be 2 princesses for Best Musical

tuckandroll
#85FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 10:34am

regarding theaters, has there been any talk of where Anastasia will go in 2018 as well?

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#86FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 10:37am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Here are some of my casting ideas:

Anna:
Emily Behny
Erin Mackey

Elsa:
Ashley Spencer
Betsy Wolfe

Kristoff:
John Arthur Greene
Paul Alexander Nolan
Matthew James Thomas

Olaf:
Andrew Keenan-Bolger
Ben Platt

Hans:
Derek Klena

"

Why not Jonathan Groff as Kristoff?

Not to be confused with Dave19.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#87FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 10:55am

ViniFromBrazil said: "Don't get me wrong, but for me the idea of Olaf being played by an adult is just awkward. I mean, not only he IS a child on the movie, but also he's small and adorable. Having Josh Gad in this being a human-size snowman doesn't strike me as believable. Unless they do something crazy like Farquat in Shrek."

Who ever said that Olaf was a child? Just because he was created recently doesn't mean he's a child (and Josh Gad doesn't really voice him that way).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#88FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:01am

It'll never be as good as this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKeU8ruo1K0

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#89FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:03am

ViniFromBrazil said: "Don't get me wrong, but for me the idea of Olaf being played by an adult is just awkward. I mean, not only he IS a child on the movie, but also he's small and adorable. Having Josh Gad in this being a human-size snowman doesn't strike me as believable. Unless they do something crazy like Farquat in Shrek."

This makes so much sense. I could see them casting two girls to play Anna and elsa when their young and part of their tracks would be Olaf and the young troll.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 2/10/16 at 11:03 AM

Shrek3
#90FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:11am

I never got the impression that Olaf was a child. If he was, why didn't they get a kid to do his voice?

JohnyBroadway
#91FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:31am

The off-off Broadway production happening at DCA is being directed by Liesl Tommy. The team at Creative entertainment is going all out for this project and if anyone saw the casting notice, it was pretty large for a theme park caliber of a show. They aren't cutting anyone out. While the two are separate endeavors, I'm interested to if the earlier has any influence on the later. 

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#92FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:51am

Good call on Ben Platt as Olaf. I'm not a fan of his, but I actually think that's a perfect role for him.

Shrek 3
#93FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:52am

Well, my sources are telling me it's a puppet. Not a human. So, they wouldn't have to worry about looks. All they would need to focus on is the voice. 

pupscotch
#94FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:53am

A reincarnation of Shrek3?! How many accounts do you have?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#95FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:55am

Shrek 3 said: "Well, my sources are telling me it's a puppet. Not a human. So, they wouldn't have to worry about looks. All they would need to focus on is the voice. "

Timon

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Dave19
#96FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 11:59am

I think the magic of a Disney classic is the animation. The surreal movement of the characters, scenes, the way the hair flows, the way magic is animated.

Doing it on stage always feels a bit like a turd falling out of a hatch from the ceiling.

broadwayboy223
#97FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 2:19pm

Is the DCA production happening this summer? 

Liza's Headband
#98FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/10/16 at 2:22pm

No. 2017.