pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 140

The Official TDF Thread

theaterdarling
#3475The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/19/24 at 10:54am

idioteque... said: "theaterdarling said: "Kimberly Akimbo for Wednesday night January 17 Orchestra G 113, 114 and 115. Gorgeous seats, however, the theater gods giveth and they also they taketh away: Victoria Clark was out - without any notice anywhere (except, apparently her Instagram page which indicated she was on vacation for a week). I only found out about it after my ticket purchase (on Tuesday) from the Kimberly chat thread on this site. I asked the box office person when I picked up the tix about why this was not made known and she said, "we just found out about it." - which was weird because it seemed by then she had already been out the previous night - I guess it depends on what the meaning of "just" is."

How was her understudy?
"

Despite seething that Clark was not there, I calmed down and (thankfully) enjoyed the show. I can only say that Colleen Fitzpatrick was fine and not an impediment to said enjoyment. Her voice that night was somewhat less than pristine, and she definitely does not have Clark's vocal chops, which were sorely missed.  I'm not the best judge since I have not seen it with Clark (have only seen clips) and an analysis perhaps best left to those who have seen both fully perform (some on the Kimberly thread have seen both I believe).Based only on the clips, in addition to the lesser vocal prowess, I think there was just a depth and spark and knowingness and playfulness that was missing from Fitzpatrick's performance. I think Clark lobbed a fairly good show with serviceable, good enough, but not great music into the excellent category and I just got the fairly good show.  Maybe my imagination, but based on the Tony clip, Cooley's performance seemed a bit diminished without Clark to bounce off of - but he was still wonderful, and Mulligan burned brightly. Sorry if this was too much of a response for the question, but since you asked, I had some grief to get off my chest!

chrishuyen
#3476The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/19/24 at 11:45am

Sweeney Todd last night was orchestra row P on the left side, a great view!  Nicholas Christopher brought the kind of intensity to Sweeney that I was missing with Groban, and I thought Jeanna de Waal played off of him wonderfully (and Raymond J. Lee as Pirelli was fantastic too!)

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3477The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/19/24 at 11:47am

bwayphreak234 said: "Anyone get Days of Wine and Roses tickets through TDF? If so, where were the seats located?"

Bumping this question, and wondering they've been better than what the TodayTix rush is offering (rear mezz).

MaxD3
#3478The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/19/24 at 12:41pm

My ticket was rear mezz row G in the center. It was full view and better than being off to the sides, but it did feel a bit far away, especially for a show so intimate.

Ptero2
#3479The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/19/24 at 1:30pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "bwayphreak234 said: "Anyone get Days of Wine and Roses tickets through TDF? If so, where were the seats located?"

Bumping this question, and wondering they've been better than what the TodayTix rush is offering (rear mezz).
"

I was about halfway back in orch left, in the verrrry leftmost seat. Didn't miss much and had extra legroom, so I considered it a win. 

qafgenius122
#3480The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/19/24 at 5:41pm

What're the odds that Once Upon a Mattress hits TDF? The run starts Wednesday, and while it's sold pretty good, plenty of sets in the Orchestra and Mezzanine are available. Or should I just buy a Balcony Access25 ticket and call it a day? (Side Note: I really miss when those Access tickets were in the Grand Tier/Mezzanine)

bellelinus
#3481The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/19/24 at 6:43pm

I saw Days of Wine and Roses last Sunday matinee (1/14), and was lucky enough to get Orch C 2 and 4 - absolutely perfect seats.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#3482The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/19/24 at 10:09pm

The rush for Days of Wine and Roses are all over the theatre, not just rear mezz. I noticed that if you don’t like your tickets, to exit and go back into it.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#3483The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/22/24 at 11:34am

Days of Wine and Roses yesterday was row A of the orchestra (front row) seats 3 and 5... can't do much better than that!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Miss10036 Profile Photo
Miss10036
#3484The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/30/24 at 1:55pm

Kimberly Akimbo on Sunday evening was row K orchestra center.  Perfect seats.

Note that Colleen Fitzpatrick was on for Kim, which could have affected seat locations.

Danasi
#3485The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/31/24 at 7:47pm

This afternoon I had Orchestra right, row L seat 18 for Sweeney Todd. On the far aisle, but no complaints at all as I was able to see everything

Edit to add - this was the first time I've ever been asked to show my ID when picking up tickets

Updated On: 1/31/24 at 07:47 PM

chrishuyen
#3486The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/1/24 at 11:19am

Doubt is up for a few of the first performances.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#3487The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/7/24 at 6:33pm

Patriots is up for a slew of dates 4/2-4/27.

PipingHotPiccolo
#3488The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/11/24 at 11:17pm

We got Row B mezzanine center-right for Kimberly Akimbo this weekend. 

Thomas Sumner Profile Photo
Thomas Sumner
#3489The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/12/24 at 10:49am

We saw Spamalot on Friday, February 9. The seats were Front Mezzanine B1 and B3 (second row left mezzanine on the inner aisle) with a great view of the stage.

It seemed like people next to us and in front of us also got their tickets through TDF.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#3490The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/15/24 at 1:16pm

Sweeney is up for 2/21 and 2/28 matinees.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#3491The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/15/24 at 1:23pm

Melissa25 said: "Sweeney is up for 2/21 and 2/28 matinees."

Do alternates go on for the matinees?

CheapSeats
#3492The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/15/24 at 2:03pm

Hi, I can’t remember if city center shows come up on TDF.  Anyone here recall if they occasionally come up and the pricing?

I know Light in the Piazza wasn’t available, but fingers crossed for Jelly’s Last Jam

MatthewS1
#3493The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/15/24 at 2:07pm

CheapSeats said: "Hi, I can’t remember if city center shows come up on TDF. Anyone here recall if they occasionally come up and the pricing?

I know Light in the Piazza wasn’t available, but fingers crossed for Jelly’s Last Jam
"

I remember Dear World was up. I want to say the tickets were in the high 30s-low 40s.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#3494The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/15/24 at 4:27pm

TotallyEffed: Melissa25 said: "Sweeney is up for 2/21 and 2/28 matinees."

Per the show's official website:  Beginning February 9th, Aaron Tveit and Sutton Foster join the cast as Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett. They are scheduled to perform all seven (7) shows a week.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#3495The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/15/24 at 4:30pm

Melissa25 said: "TotallyEffed:Melissa25 said: "Sweeney is up for 2/21 and 2/28 matinees."

Per the show's official website:Beginning February 9th, Aaron Tveit and Sutton Foster join the cast as Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett. They are scheduled to perform all seven (7) shows a week.
"

Thanks, Melissa.

yyys
#3496The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/15/24 at 4:30pm

I think they're on TDF because they're poorly sold.

TotallyEffed said: "Melissa25 said: "Sweeney is up for 2/21 and 2/28 matinees."

"

Hairspray0901
#3497The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/15/24 at 4:42pm

Melissa25 said: "Sweeney is up for 2/21 and 2/28 matinees."

Had them in my cart for the 2/21 matinee and was unsuccessful in checking out. Now they’re sold out. Sigh. 

Miss10036 Profile Photo
Miss10036
#3498The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/24 at 9:21am

Lempicka is now up for a bunch of previews 3/19–4/6.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#3499The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/16/24 at 12:21pm

Wine and Roses is back with a slew of dates for next week into March, including (my favorite; with dependably better seats) Wednesday matinees. When I saw the show, I got 7th row center. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling