pixeltracker

Christina Grimmie being shot dead

Christina Grimmie being shot dead

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#1Christina Grimmie being shot dead
Posted: 6/11/16 at 6:56am

So sad to hear the news. She was caught unguarded when she was doing stage door after a concert. Stage door security has always been a weak link in theater or concert security. It now seems that actors are pretty much sitting ducks, and anyone can easily take their lives when they are kindly signing their fans autographs.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#2Christina Grimmie being shot dead
Posted: 6/11/16 at 7:03am

I haven't heard of Christina Grimmie, but god this is so sad. So so so tragic and terrible. My heart goes out to Christina Grimmie's family, friends, and fans. I just hope this doesn't give any ideas to psychopaths.

MannPhan24601
#3Christina Grimmie being shot dead
Posted: 6/11/16 at 7:19am

I was just thinking last night she'd be perfect for Jenna in Waitress someday.. I remember hearing about her viral videos about 5 years ago and how amazing she was. When she was on The Voice,her range blew me off. I met her a few months later at the Hershey Theatre(Which is a Broadway touring house) and she was one of the kindest people ever.She was from my area. Can't believe this happen.Sending prayers to her loved ones

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#4Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 8:31am

Classy thread title.

Link: 
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entertainment/orlando-christina-grimmie-shot/index.html

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#5Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 8:37am

Jesus you had me thinking this was after a Broadway show at the stage door. This is very sad news.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 9:06am

Now they'll talk about gun control, then they'll talk about mental health and nothing gets done.

Updated On: 6/11/16 at 09:06 AM

Liza's Headband
#7Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 9:38am

But, of course! Because that's how we operate in this country: doing absolutely nothing but talk. What a damn shame. Christina was a very talented young lady and vocalist, although this has nothing to do with Broadway and really should be moved to the Off-Topic... 

Hairspray0901
#8Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 9:45am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "It now seems that actors are pretty much sitting ducks, and anyone can easily take their lives when they are kindly signing their fans autographs.

"

Sad to hear of this young and talented girls passing and I don't mean to sound insensitive but aren't we all sitting ducks should a person g-d forbid ever pull a gun, anywhere? I don't think a stagedoor is any more of a risk than your average shopping mall these days. With that said though, I also don't think stage door security is weak and I'm not sure arming a stagedoor man would bring peace of mind to anyone waiting for an autograph. No easy solution to something like this. Sending thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Liza's Headband
#9Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 9:48am

I think the OP's point was that performers (actors/musicians/artists/etc.) are more of a high-risk target because they carry public personas, and thus more easily attract crazy fans, stalkers, psychopaths, etc., which is absolutely true. That being said, you are also correct: any one of us could be victim to a random, or targeted for that matter, shooting. You are always risking your life when you step outside into the "real world" but that's life. So, enjoy it and live to the fullest. 

Dave19
#10Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 10:53am

Why exactly are guns allowed?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#11Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 11:03am

What the hell is with this thread title? It sounds like it's happening RIGHT NOW and we're all helpless to stop it. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#12Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 11:04am

What the hell is with this thread title? It sounds like it's happening RIGHT NOW and we're all helpless to stop it. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#13Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 12:55pm

It is happening right now. Every day. And we are helpless to stop it.

AnnieBlack
#14Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:09pm

When I heard this this morning, I thought of the discussion here about Jessica Lange & the stage door, with her needing security & someone being upset about not being able to see her at the stage door. This should remind us that crazy people do sadly attack performers & if an artist doesn't do the stage door, people shouldn't complain. 

Petrichor
#15Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:13pm

What a beautiful and sweet young lady with such talent. May she rest in peace, my thoughts are with her family.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#16Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:18pm

AnnieBlack said: "When I heard this this morning, I thought of the discussion here about Jessica Lange & the stage door, with her needing security & someone being upset about not being able to see her at the stage door. This should remind us that crazy people do sadly attack performers & if an artist doesn't do the stage door, people shouldn't complain. "

those people that complain probably don't think they aren't coming out because they're afraid of being murdered. but I agree, there are some crazies out there.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#17Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:20pm

Contrary to what is being said here about a "stage door" situation, news outlets are reporting that this occurred inside the venue at a table where she was signing autographs.  

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orlando-plaza-live-shooting-20160610-story.html

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#18Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:43pm

True. It happened inside the venue not at the stage door as originally stated. Regardless of where it happened it is just tragic. This beautiful young lady's life was taken away by a crazed maniac. Her voice lives on in the countless YouTube videos she has posted over the years. 

Her voice reminded me very much of Karen Carpenter's. 

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#19Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:50pm

If it happened inside the venue how was the gunman able to get not one, but two guns inside? Wasn't there a security checkpoint before entering the concert?

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#20Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 2:20pm

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if the venue was actually an indoor arena or an outdoor type of setting but it is a valid question in regards to what kind of security measures were taken because for this to happen.

I am sure this will be investigated and the venue taken to task for its apparent lack of security. 

I see a lawsuit on the horizon.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#21Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 2:35pm

Heartbreaking,

broadwaybaby145
#22Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 2:56pm

Hi, not exactly new to this board, I just never post anything.

I'm from the Orlando area, The Plaza live is a small-medium sized venue, that is known for small artists and bands. Typically, bags are checked and people are sometimes patted down. There are no metal detectors. According to the police conference this afternoon, there's more info to come about him. 
This is truly a sad situation. May she rest in peace and thoughts and prayers to her family. 

Updated On: 6/11/16 at 02:56 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#23Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 4:03pm

One of my friends retweeted this https://twitter.com/therealgrimmie/status/304665885187121153

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#24Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/11/16 at 4:42pm

Stunned by this.  She was beautiful and so full of life and talent. May she rest in peace. 

AngusN
#25Christina Grimmie
Posted: 6/12/16 at 5:19am

You're wrong, this a great deal of relevance on this forum. It highlights just how vulnerable performers are to attack, whether that is in a theatre or a concert venue. Security needs to be tighter.

Videos