pixeltracker

Waitress Potential Cast Replacements - Page 5

Waitress Potential Cast Replacements

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#100Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/28/17 at 4:26pm

You are all so dumb. Betty White is clearly the next Jenna.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#101Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/28/17 at 5:12pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "You are all so dumb. Betty White is clearly the next Jenna."

I’d pay to see that.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#102Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/28/17 at 5:45pm

It's got to be Sara, but I do think Anna would be great as Jenna and hopefully she'll play the part one of these days.

Also, is no one talking about the real star of Waitress, John Cullum?!?! I mean, what a f*cking legend and I've heard so little about him in the show that I forgot he had even joined the cast. Screw, Mraz. I want to see Cullum.

moira8
#103Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/28/17 at 5:51pm

haterobics said: "Justseems a bit off that Sara's big reveal is going to be... herself?"

What I'm thinking as well. But I guess we'll know tomorrow.

keb2 Profile Photo
keb2
#104Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/28/17 at 7:38pm

Anna Kendrick is filming the movie Noelle in Canada through at least January 19. I doubt she's going into Waitress. 

catmandoo
#105Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/28/17 at 7:56pm

Also, is no one talking about the real star of Waitress, John Cullum?!?! I mean, what a f*cking legend and I've heard so little about him in the show that I forgot he had even joined the cast. Screw, Mraz. I want to see Cullum."

I saw John Cullum a couple weeks ago... while he is a legend, he did forget his lines a few times, but Stephanie Torns covered for it well. I don't think anyone who wasn't familiar with the show would've noticed. Other than those few times he was delightful.

As for the casting announcement... he's my off the wall guess that won't be true at all... It's actually 3 separate announcements.... That Poppy person as Dawn... Sara returning as Jenna... and.... in a gender swap, Bwtty White as Old Jo(sephine). I would totally buy a ticket for that.

bandisepic
#106Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/28/17 at 10:08pm

GeorgeandDot said: "It's got to be Sara, but I do think Anna would be great as Jenna and hopefully she'll play the part one of these days.

Also, is no one talking about the real star of Waitress, John Cullum?!?! I mean, what a f*cking legend and I've heard so little about him in the show that I forgot he had even joined the cast. Screw, Mraz. I want to see Cullum.
"

While John Cullum truly is a broadway legend I just don't think he's right for the part. I saw him a few days ago and he really lacks Dakin's charm. His singing wasn't 100% there. I think he's just getting too old.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#107Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/29/17 at 9:23am

Waitress Potential Cast Replacements

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge
#108Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/29/17 at 9:29am

In case that’s not showing up(I still don’t know how to post an image) Waitress Potential Cast Replacements

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#109Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/29/17 at 9:33am

Really wish it was Anna.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
hamiltonstradition
#111Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:15am

Who knew? Honestly seems like they're just using her so the show can get enough $ to last through the summer. Plus would she be getting payed? because she's already making money off this show. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#112Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:17am

hamiltonstradition said: "Who knew? Honestly seems like they're just using her so the show can get enough $ tolast through the summer. Plus would she be getting payed?because she's already making money off this show."

Yes, she has an interest in keeping the show open (and probably sharing the stage with Jason for a bit, too), and yes, she would get an extra paycheck for starring in the show.

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#113Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/29/17 at 12:47pm

I would LOVE to hear Brittain Ashford sing Jenna’s songs. That voice, I’m in love with it.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#114Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/30/17 at 1:27am

UH, yeah, girl is making $$$$$$$ all over this show, which is why she wants to keep it running. Not to add that it's a great show, but why not help it along in the sad months? 

KathyNYC2
#115Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/30/17 at 10:01am

hamiltonstradition said: "Who knew? Honestly seems like they're just using her so the show can get enough $ tolast through the summer. Plus would she be getting payed?because she's already making money off this show."

You make this sound like a bad thing. Let's find a way to keep the show open longer... so that more people can enjoy it, the investors can make more money and lots of people working there can keep their jobs. Sara (who's already proved she is totally qualified to perform in her own show) is being USED and hired again. What a horror... Go figure.

Updated On: 11/30/17 at 10:01 AM

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#116Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/7/18 at 7:10pm

Has John Cullum left the production? A friend is there tonight and Dakin Matthews is on the board as Joe. He is also listed as Joe now on the website. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Call_me_jorge
#117Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/7/18 at 7:24pm

So odd. Waitress might be the second worst show after Hamilton for announcing cast changes.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#118Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/7/18 at 7:47pm

Call_me_jorge said: "So odd. Waitress might be the second worst show after Hamilton for announcing cast changes."

I think waitress is actually pretty good when it comes to announcing whos coming in and going. This is probally the only time they havnt not made an announcement. 

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Notreallysilent 2
#119Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/7/18 at 8:04pm

They haven’t made a good amount of announcements. They are good for announcing Jenna, and some other characters like earl or obviously when someone well known joins the cast. But they haven’t announced a good amount of other cast changes like Becky.

KathyNYC2
#120Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/7/18 at 11:45pm

From what I understand, John is taking a break for 2-3 weeks and Dakin is here for now. He started on Thursday, the day of the snow storm.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#121Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/8/18 at 11:52am

With Carmen Cusack officially leaving Bright Star at the end of this month, she'd have plenty of time to rehearse and step into the role of Jenna (for which I think she is a superb choice). Wouldn't do much in regards to ticket sales, but just sayin'!

rfksansiro
#122Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/15/18 at 10:03am

After last night's show Sara Bareilles came out to announce it was Will Swenson's last show as Earl. She presented him with flowers and presented one of the back stage people with flowers for their last night as well.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#123Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/15/18 at 11:32am

rfksansiro said: "After last night's show Sara Bareilles came out to announce it was Will Swenson's last show as Earl. She presented him with flowers and presented one of the back stage people with flowers for their last night as well. "

Swenson is still in Waitress? I saw both him and Audra at Dolly Wednesday night.

ElphabaGoodman
#124Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/15/18 at 11:40am

n2nbaby said: "rfksansiro said: "After last night's show Sara Bareilles came out to announce it was Will Swenson's last show as Earl. She presented him with flowers and presented one of the back stage people with flowers for their last night as well. "

Swenson is still in Waitress? I saw both him and Audra at Dolly Wednesday night.
"

Waitress doesn’t have Wednesday evening shows