pixeltracker

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread- Page 15

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#350The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 1:09pm

I actually like the poster. I think they could get rid of the Hamilton and CRA logos, tho. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#351The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 2:53pm

Here's a teaser...same as posted earlier only widescreen:

https://deadline.com/2019/12/in-the-heights-teaser-lin-manuel-miranda-tweet-first-look-1202806735/

Updated On: 12/11/19 at 02:53 PM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#352The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 3:04pm

I like this poster better.

What format was this shot on? Looks digital to me.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#353The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 4:16pm

The movie was likely shot on digital like 9/10 movies these days. (and trailers always kick up the frame rate and brighten the colors, so doubtful the movie will look exactly like this)

teddy1996
#354The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 4:22pm

jpbran said: "The movie was likely shot on digital like 9/10 movies these days. (and trailers always kick up the frame rate and brighten the colors, so doubtful the movie will look exactly like this)"

stephanie beatriz said that this movie is gonna be very colorful 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#355The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 4:27pm

I got a lot of comments about Ramos' ring of facial hair in that "made of music" line...but instead, I'll just say overall it looks really pretty and full of color, which I don't mind. It's a musical.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#356The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 4:56pm

the poster is very 'meh' but I would think the 'final' poster and ads will be different and include the cast. Teaser looks good and can't wait to see the trailer.

SeanMartin2
#357The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 6:03pm

I had no idea that Coca-Cola was one of the major sponsors for this film. At least the typography suggests as such.

teddy1996
#358The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 6:08pm

the logo is very corny to me. i hope that’s not the final logo

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#359The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 9:39am

https://youtu.be/U0CL-ZSuCrQ

This looks absolutely spectacular!

Miserent Profile Photo
Miserent
#360The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 9:53am

This looks insanely good.  I know I can't be the only one who cried when Olga Merediz sang in this trailer.

whatdoesntkillme
#361The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 9:56am

I’m intrigued by this usnavi-telling-a-story-from-an-island-beach framing device. isn’t the whole point of the show that he stays in his neighborhood?

i also love the emphasis on the immigration narrative. but i wonder what making the setting contemporary will do to the rest of the show. time will tell!

Updated On: 12/12/19 at 09:56 AM

Theatre Fan3
#362The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 9:58am

Here is a clickable link to the trailer ...  IN THE HEIGHTS - Official Trailer

Updated On: 12/12/19 at 09:58 AM

AEA AGMA SM
#363The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:08am

whatdoesntkillme said: "I’m intrigued by this usnavi-telling-a-story-from-an-island-beach framing device. isn’t the whole point of the show that he stays in his neighborhood?

i also love the emphasis on the immigration narrative. but i wonder what making the setting contemporary will do to the rest of the show. time will tell!
"

I'd guess the "telling a story" frame is to help rationalize the musical aspects.

As far as updating the time frame, in the big scheme of things how much has really changed from the mid-2000s? I admit I'm not super intimately familiar with the show, but I can't think of anything that happens in it that would feel implausible as something that could happen today.

SporkGoddess
#364The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:09am

I’m intrigued by this usnavi-telling-a-story-from-an-island-beach framing device. isn’t the whole point of the show that he stays in his neighborhood?

I had the exact same thought!

It's interesting that they integrated more modern politics into the movie, which makes sense. I do wonder how it will impact the story, which I always thought was more about gentrification--although racism certainly did play a role.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#365The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:10am

I think it looks fun and a real visual and musical treat. Love the fact that it is shamelessly a musical, complete with big stylized moments and flourish- dancing on the sides of buildings, synchronized swimming, bold colors and costumes. Looks like a fusion of old fashioned musical films and contemporary sensibilities. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Clyde15
#366The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:10am

Oh it’s everything I hoped and more!

robbie_731
#367The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:14am

https://collider.com/in-the-heights-clips/

Some interviews, and clips.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#368The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:23am

This looks like it will be amazing. I approve of virtually everything I see in the trailer, especially that 'dreamy' walking-up-buildings fantasy moment, I literally said 'wow' out loud. Also the busby berkely moment in the community pool - genius. 

I also LOVE the inclusion of DACA making it particularly relevant. I'll be surprised if they don't mention children in cages. 

This promises to be the best movie musical in a LONG time.

Updated On: 12/12/19 at 10:23 AM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#369The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:24am

I’m impressed so far!

teddy1996
#370The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:28am

this movie has the potential to be one of the best movie musicals ever made. and i hope that it becomes one of the biggest grossing musical movies. it looks absolutely fantastic. this will definitely be extremely faithful to the musical. this movie is gonna be so special. to see this type of latinx representation is such a beautiful thing. this movie will be so important to so many and it will be so representative of such a beautiful community. we definitely needed this now more than ever. my excitement for this movie is real. 💯

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#371The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:40am

I'll admit, I was really worried about this one, but based on the full trailer, it looks like the material and the director really did turn out to a perfect fit.

The framing device really doesn't bother me that much. Maybe that hideous facial hair while he's telling the story is meant to denote passage of time, so maybe later on in time he did move on from the block. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Miserent Profile Photo
Miserent
#372The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:58am

In regards to the framing device, maybe the movie starts out with Usnavi telling the story from the island, and before the movie ends he goes back home after realizing its where he belongs.

Iclick
#373The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 11:08am

The trailer exceeded every high expectation I had for it. It looks as if they improved the stage version in the best possible way. I cannot wait to see this the second it opens, and then see it multiple times after that.

SporkGoddess
#374The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/12/19 at 11:09am

I also think it's an interesting choice because Usnavi's narration seems more targeted at the affluent, white audience that attends Broadway shows (at least the opening does). I wonder if they'll change the lyrics to reflect the new audience.

That being said, I think this looks great and am really excited to see it!

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!