pixeltracker

Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule- Page 3

Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule

abcdefghijoy
#50Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/28/17 at 2:32pm

bwaylyric said: "Is there a set schedule for the Engineer alternate?"

Jon Jon tweeted that until April/early June, he would be off Mondays. I believe he performs seven a week.

https://twitter.com/JonJonBriones/status/844032682149531648

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#51Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/28/17 at 4:49pm

LizzieCurry said: "They apparently both don't want you to know which Kim you're seeing, AND want you to know that they brought over the much-lauded London Kim.

"

I would prefer to hear "I'm 17 and I'm new here today" from a 17-year-old girl though.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#52Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/28/17 at 5:17pm

Thanks abcd!

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#53Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/28/17 at 11:34pm

Saw it tonight and everyone was in.....Had to get a photo with Eva. So sweet and kind to everyone. A girl before me asked her performance schedule and she said for right now she does evenings, but then said "Ya never know when I'll be on." So i guess nothing is in stone, but she will be out tomorrow matinee. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#54Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/30/17 at 2:35pm

Eva says she performs on Saturday nights (3:55)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-7GaqspBDs

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#55Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/31/17 at 3:28pm

PThespian said: "10086sunset said: "The schedule right now is that Eva is only doing the evening performances.

"

I'm just curious if it says that in the Playbill or if it's something someone working on the production told you. 

So, it's safe to assume that Eva will be on Wednesday evening, May 24th?

"

TranVanDinh Profile Photo
TranVanDinh
#56Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/2/17 at 1:32pm

It's listed on the official MS website, under the FAQ:

"The role of Kim will be played by Lianah Sta. Ana on Wednesday evenings and Saturday matinees."

BwayinVan
#57Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/2/17 at 1:35pm

TranVanDinh said: "It's listed on the official MS website, under the FAQ:

"The role of Kim will be played by Lianah Sta. Ana on Wednesday evenings and Saturday matinees."

"

Well looks like I won't be seeing Eva.....

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#58Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/2/17 at 3:49pm

TranVanDinh said: "It's listed on the official MS website, under the FAQ:

"

Thank you for the info!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#59Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/4/17 at 10:28pm

For anyone interested, here's Lianah Sta. Ana singing "I'd Give My Life for You," recorded on 4/2/17. She sounds great, and quite a bit like Lea Salonga.

https://youtu.be/YGS4haoHP6o

AlfieByrne
#60Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/5/17 at 6:39am

She doesn't sound anything like Lea IMO in that clip. Her vowels are a bit distracting while her high notes are a little too belty and scratchy.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#61Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/5/17 at 9:48am

AlfieByrne said: "She doesn't sound anything like Lea IMO in that clip. Her vowels are a bit distracting while her high notes are a little too belty and scratchy.

I watched the clip again, as well as others, and I still hear similarities. It's a matter of opinion, of course, but, in any event, I think she sounds more like Lea than Eva does, which isn't a good or bad thing, just my observation. I saw the show with Eva, and I thought she was great, but this clip of Lianah has me considering returning to see her interpretation.

sparepart973
#62Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/5/17 at 11:02am

She's goes on Wednesday evenings, and select Saturday performances in April and June. The virtual concierge on the website indicates the dates if you ask when she goes on...which is odd because it contradicts what she says in the video. 

Updated On: 4/5/17 at 11:02 AM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#63Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/5/17 at 11:09am

CT2NYC said: "For anyone interested, here's Lianah Sta. Ana singing "I'd Give My Life for You," recorded on 4/2/17. She sounds great, and quite a bit like Lea Salonga.

"

Wow! A few moments where they sound almost identical.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#64Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/5/17 at 11:15am

IdinaBellFoster said: "CT2NYC said: "For anyone interested, here's Lianah Sta. Ana singing "I'd Give My Life for You," recorded on 4/2/17. She sounds great, and quite a bit like Lea Salonga.

"

Wow! A few moments where they sound almost identical.

Agreed! Glad to know it's not just me who hears it!

4getmenot
#65Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/6/17 at 8:47am

Saw Liana last night after already having seen Eva a couple weeks back.  I saw the criticism in another thread about Eva being too "American Idol-ish" but I would much prefer that to what I saw.

Her belt really wasn't there, the high notes came out either so hoarse and screechy that it was jarring.  It was especially obvious at the end of Last Night of the World and I Still Believe, you couldn't hear her at all anytime Chris/Ellen were singing.  There were even times when she was supposed to belt but was drowned out by the orchestra.  Seeing how she is much better in the videos I would infer that she had an off night but if it was that bad she should have just called out.

Also, a group of old ladies started bursting out in giggles during Kim's Death.  It was extremely annoying.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#66Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/6/17 at 9:09am

4getmenot said: "...a group of old ladies started bursting out in giggles during Kim's Death.  It was extremely annoying."

And rude. How do you suppose this makes the performers feel? I just don't understand such behavior. 

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Malka2 Profile Photo
Malka2
#67Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/6/17 at 11:15pm

I was at last night's show (Wed evening) and the alternate Kim was on.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#68Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/7/17 at 12:19am

On the official Miss Saigon Broadway site, it clearly states in FAQ that Lianah will be performing on Wed nights and Sat mats. 

Theatre Fan3
#69Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/8/17 at 5:36pm

I know this thread seems to be mainly about Kim, but has anybody seen any of the other understudies ... Chris, The Engineer, Gigi, Ellen, John?  If so, how were they?

AlanR2 Profile Photo
AlanR2
#70Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/9/17 at 8:13pm

I cannot comment on the various qualities of each lead performance, but since we saw Eva in London my wife was very eager to hear her again in NY.  When I found out Thursday that our Saturday matinee tickets would be for her alternate, I called Telecharge and they were very good about exchanging matinee for evening tickets.  I have exchanged other "no refund, no exchange" tickets in the past.

Just an FYI.

Alan

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#71Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/9/17 at 11:48pm

I saw Billy as the Engineer a couple weeks ago and it was my first time seeing the show so I didn't have anything to compare him to but I thought he was incredible. Very slick, charming and sold the hell out of every single moment of the role. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 4/9/17 at 11:48 PM

TranVanDinh Profile Photo
TranVanDinh
#72Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/26/17 at 9:14pm

Does anyone know if Jon Jon takes any specific days/evenings off?  I'm flying in next week, seeing the Wednesday evening show, and I'll be heartbroken if I have to miss both Eva and Jon Jon.  

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#73Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/26/17 at 9:16pm

TranVanDinh said: "Does anyone know if Jon Jon takes any specific days/evenings off?  I'm flying in next week, seeing the Wednesday evening show, and I'll be heartbroken if I have to miss both Eva and Jon Jon."

If I'm not mistaken, Noblezada is the only performer who has scheduled off days. Jon Jon should be on, barring illness or injury!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#74Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 4/26/17 at 10:15pm

UPDATED WITH NEW LINK: 

Per a tweet Briones posted, he will not be performing on Wednesday evening through June 4.

Linked proof: https://mobile.twitter.com/JonJonBriones/status/847834683652153345

Updated On: 4/26/17 at 10:15 PM