pixeltracker

Ticket Lottery winners? - Page 3

Ticket Lottery winners?

SkylarElizabeth
#50Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/9/17 at 10:25pm

TBone said: "Has anyone seen SUNSET BLVD from lottery seats? where were they located?

"

I won yesterday, 5/8/17 for the 8:00 pm show and I paid for the tickets towards the end, with only about 10 minutes left, which is probably why I ended up with mezzanine seats.  I'm not complaining!  I had mezzanine row H, seats 2 and 4.  They were great! Not partial view at all, and could actually still see the actors' faces.  The only problem was the rude people who kept talking behind me.... Ticket Lottery winners?  Show was amazing though!

Debbie77
#51Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/9/17 at 10:58pm

SkylarElizabeth said: "TBone said: "Has anyone seen SUNSET BLVD from lottery seats? where were they located?

"

I won yesterday, 5/8/17 for the 8:00 pm show and I paid for the tickets towards the end, with only about 10 minutes left, which is probably why I ended up with mezzanine seats.  I'm not complaining!  I had mezzanine row H, seats 2 and 4.  They were great! Not partial view at all, and could actually still see the actors' faces.  The only problem was the rude people who kept talking behind me.... Ticket Lottery winners?  Show was amazing though!

"I won for Saturday matinee yesterday.  Row Y Center Orchestra.  I was ready to cry after sitting down because an extremely tall, wide guy in front of me was wearing a HUGE cowboy hat.  He grudgingly removed it.  Barely helped.  I just could not see the stage without leaning into my daughters space.  I went to an usher and asked if I could sit anywhere else.  She said take a cushion.  I said what about the person directly behind me?  She said "let me worry about that".  I took the cushion back to my seat, but was eyeing an empty seat in my row.  About 10 minutes into the show I slid over and enjoyed the show from there.  Ther were so many late-comers....but lucky for me, not for that seat.   I would've been miserable if this hadn't worked out.   LOVED the show.

Ahmy
#52Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/9/17 at 11:00pm

I was in New York for 2 weeks and ended up winning the lottery for Present Laughter twice. It looked like the seats were all partial views on both sides of the orchestra, and the boxes. I only went once, and was in a seat on the house right 3 seats in. I like the way the lotteries for Present Laughter and Groundhog Day are set up; it's easier selecting which shows to try for a week at a time, that way there's less of a chance of forgetting to enter.

RJEvans
#53Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/9/17 at 11:35pm

The first lottery I ever won was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. My first try, I won. Today, I won Cats. First try. Won. Seats were pretty great. Orchestra, P18 and P20. 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#54Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/9/17 at 11:51pm

Threadmaster - I've won Great Comet twice and my seats have been both times in the front of the rear mezz, which are a great view. As far as how many winners, I have no idea as they have you purchase the tickets online and have them held at the box office for you. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

@z5
#55Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 12:00am

recently did Sunset Boulevard lottery and got Orch C 2 ... was SO thrilled with the location. couldn't have been better.

Malka2 Profile Photo
Malka2
#56Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 1:16am

Goodness am I the unluckiest person ever?? I've been entering multiple digital lotteries for almost a year and have never won *anything*.

Do you think a New York zip code is ruining my chances?

JillianSch Profile Photo
JillianSch
#57Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 6:54am

Malka not sure if you're being serious but I live less than one mile from the theatre district and just yesterday I won my 5th digital lottery- this time for Sunset. It's all random the lotto winners!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#58Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 8:45am

Malka2 said: "Goodness am I the unluckiest person ever?? I've been entering multiple digital lotteries for almost a year and have never won *anything*.

Do you think a New York zip code is ruining my chances?
"

I've never won any of the lotteries either, and my zip code is far from New York.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 4/10/17 at 08:45 AM

broadwaygirl89
#59Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 1:40pm

sciencegirl said: "
Current shows I've rushed:
The Price
I'd be happy to share specifics on seats, day, time, when I rushed/won etc if there's a specific show you're looking to see
"

What was your experience rushing The Price in terms of day of the week/when you got there/where the seats were/etc? I was so bummed to have missed the Hiptix tickets and looking to try and rush one day for me and my dad. Thanks!

Malka2 Profile Photo
Malka2
#60Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 2:59pm

Thanks Jillian, I was thinking maybe they wanted to give more tickets to out-of-town visitors for some reason... Guess I'm just really unlucky!

tirecage
#61Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 4:31pm

Won the Sunset Boulevard lottery this weekend. Terrible seat - last row of the Mezzanine, partial view, and not even worth the "winning" price of $55. During intermission, I scooped up an empty front-row seat in the Orchestra. Now THAT was a winning seat! Incredible view of Glenn and a not-to-be-missed performance.

LxGstv
#62Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 6:52pm

tirecage said: "Won the Sunset Boulevard lottery this weekend. Terrible seat - last row of the Mezzanine, partial view, and not even worth the "winning" price of $55. During intermission, I scooped up an empty front-row seat in the Orchestra. Now THAT was a winning seat! Incredible view of Glenn and a not-to-be-missed performance.

"

Sorry to hear they weren't good seats... Just out of curiosity, how long did you wait to actually buy the ticket after getting the email?! Other people mentioned getting really good lottery seats for this show... just wondering if the time you take to actually buy them makes a difference or not...

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#63Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 9:31pm

I won the aladdin digital lottery for the saturday matinee. Paid at like 9:06 and got a box! I was thrilled because I have heard of people getting orchestra corner, mezz corner, or last row balcony. I have had plenty of luck with broadway direct as Hamilton is the only show I have left on there, The Book of Mormon digital lottery has been taking forever for me, and the Phantom of the opera lottery just seems impossible. However I cant say I blame them because for having a specific location for your lottery seats (Phantom does front row) you should have the whole row available for winners.If you go on telecharge you can see that they have front row seats for purchase. This causes only 4-9 seats for lottery hence making it harder to win. SO my advice to those who operate the phantom lottery would be to buy out the whole row in advance up to 6 months then rinse and repeat. So then this way you can designate your number of tickets available so people can know the location and the amount of tickets. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#64Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 9:41pm

TheThreadMaster said: "the Phantom of the opera lottery just seems impossible. However I cant say I blame them because for having a specific location for your lottery seats (Phantom does front row) you should have the whole row available for winners.If you go on telecharge you can see that they have front row seats for purchase. This causes only 4-9 seats for lottery hence making it harder to win. SO my advice to those who operate the phantom lottery would be to buy out the whole row in advance up to 6 months then rinse and repeat. So then this way you can designate your number of tickets available so people can know the location and the amount of tickets."

Why should they hold the entire front row for lottery winners if they can sell some seats at full price in advance?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Updated On: 4/10/17 at 09:41 PM

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#65Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 9:44pm

Sorry to hear they weren't good seats... Just out of curiosity, how long did you wait to actually buy the ticket after getting the email?! Other people mentioned getting really good lottery seats for this show... just wondering if the time you take to actually buy them makes a difference or not...

" from my experience they give the Sunset lottery tickets out based on when you arrive to the box office  When I won they just gave people the top ticket (s) of a stack. 

MizMamie Profile Photo
MizMamie
#66Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 9:54pm

" from my experience they give the Sunset lottery tickets out based on when you arrive to the box office  When I won they just gave people the top ticket (s) of a stack. 

"

Yes, I think this is correct. I won the Sunset lottery for last Wednesday's evening performance and paid 3 minutes after I received the email. I didn't get to the theater until 7:50 and so was near the end of the line to pick up my ticket (orchestra seat L7, which was partial view). They didn't even ask to see my ID.

Updated On: 4/10/17 at 09:54 PM

tirecage
#67Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 10:12pm

Bought the ticket as soon as the "Congratulations" email was sent. Got to the theater 15 minutes before the show and waited in a will-call line that seemed to not move more than an inch or two until a few minutes before showtime. When I finally reached the window, it was exactly showtime. The woman at the box office barely looked at my ID and tossed me a ticket from the top of a pile.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#68Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 10:14pm

After entering Groundhog Day and Amelie for a few weeks, I have up and bought the lottery loser discount seats. Because you can enter for a full week at a time, I ended up winning both a day or two after I bought the lotto loser tickets. So... I'm lucky but too impatient, I suppose!

SkylarElizabeth
#69Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/12/17 at 6:41pm

Debbie77 said: "SkylarElizabeth said: "TBone said: "Has anyone seen SUNSET BLVD from lottery seats? where were they located?

"

"I won for Saturday matinee yesterday.  Row Y Center Orchestra.  I was ready to cry after sitting down because an extremely tall, wide guy in front of me was wearing a HUGE cowboy hat.  He grudgingly removed it.  Barely helped.  I just could not see the stage without leaning into my daughters space.  I went to an usher and asked if I could sit anywhere else.  She said take a cushion.  I said what about the person directly behind me?  She said "let me worry about that".  I took the cushion back to my seat, but was eyeing an empty seat in my row.  About 10 minutes into the show I slid over and enjoyed the show from there.  Ther were so many late-comers....but lucky for me, not for that seat.   I would've been miserable if this hadn't worked out.   LOVED the show.

"

Aww I'm sorry this happened! So glad you enjoyed the show, though!

SkylarElizabeth
#70Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/12/17 at 6:43pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "Threadmaster - I've won Great Comet twice and my seats have been both times in the front of the rear mezz, which are a great view. As far as how many winners, I have no idea as they have you purchase the tickets online and have them held at the box office for you. 

"

Ahh I'm jealous! I've been entering for The Great Comet everyday since it opened... So far no luck.  

akmiller_98
#71Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/13/17 at 12:20am

I won Sunset Blvd tickets tonight. My seat was C2 also. Just perfect. They had a separate line just for lottery winners and there had to be like 50 plus people in that line. How many lottery tickets are they giving for this show??

mailhandler777
#72Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/13/17 at 12:43am

I've won Kinky Boots, Matilda(first day they did the digital and I didn't get my confirmation that I won until after the show), Lion King, On The Town, In Transit.

I've won On Your Feet 5 of the 7 times I've tried it. Always pay as soon as I get the email and have been Row B extreme side, Row M center, Row F left aisle(where I got grabbed to Conga) and Row V center. I didn't go the 5th time. Went to In Transit instead. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

sciencegirl
#73Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/13/17 at 12:56am

broadwaygirl89 said: "sciencegirl said: "
Current shows I've rushed:
The Price
I'd be happy to share specifics on seats, day, time, when I rushed/won etc if there's a specific show you're looking to see
"

What was your experience rushing The Price in terms of day of the week/when you got there/where the seats were/etc? I was so bummed to have missed the Hiptix tickets and looking to try and rush one day for me and my dad. Thanks!

Third time was the charm with Price. Tried on a Saturday matinee, early in the shows run and again on a Sunday. Both times were hours after the box office has opened. I did succeed on a Wednesday matinee the day after the big snow storm. I got seats 1/2 before curtain and the seats were deep in the rear mezzanine. Luckily for me, it's a smaller theater and the seats were just fine!  

ccbroadway13
#74Ticket Lottery winners?
Posted: 4/13/17 at 9:06am

I won the Groundhog Day lottery for the Wednesday matinee on 4/12. Our seats were center mezz row J (108 and 109). The view was fantastic and it isn't too difficult to win for this show since it's still in previews. If you win, I would recommend going. I really enjoyed the show and Andy Karl was incredible!